Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

After I order one more item, I'll have 4 separate delivered coming through ParcelMotel, if I don't get them by Christmas... I won't be happy at all.
    ParcelMotel is supposed to be a convienence, not a feckin' hassle!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Picked up a parcel today to find the box wet inside the motel, Not impressed :mad: So beware if you are ordering stuff like books, they would have been ruined.

64FHXsrl.jpg

ee5ysiTl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

Still waiting for my package. Spoke to customer service this morning and they blamed me querying the location of my package for one of their agents making a mistake and cancelling it on yesterday.

They claim its at the motel but because its cancelled it needs to go back to the depot and be dispatched again as they have no way of reissuing the codes! The temp staff don't seem to have had much training either bit of a customer service nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

iMuse wrote: »
    Picked up a parcel today to find the box wet inside the motel, Not impressed :mad: So beware if you are ordering stuff like books, they would have been ruined.

:eek: What was in it? Was the Locker Leaking, or did it look like it had been set down somewhere wet?

Wow what motel was that from? Did you tell them?

• Advertisement

Allyall wrote: »
    :eek: What was in it? Was the Locker Leaking, or did it look like it had been set down somewhere wet?

There was a small puddle in the locker where the box was sitting, It was the Letterkenny motel.

There was a small puddle in the locker where the box was sitting, It was the Letterkenny motel.

That was probably from the box... (Maybe obviously).

That's unbelievable...
    Any electrics could've been ruined. (If they weren't sealed properly)

Most things could've been ruined.

Or the box soaked up all the water is the motel very exposed? How long was the box in it?

n0brain3r wrote: »
    Or the box soaked up all the water is the motel very exposed? How long was the box in it?

The box was only in it for 7 hours or so

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Encrustment

Jaysus ^^^

I had a laptop delivered to a motel last week. Luckily it wasn't raining, but I did wonder what would have happened if it was lashing as the lockers didn't seem very waterproof.

Anybody here having delays to Cork by the way? Or is it only the infamous Lucan motel that's fecked.

Fair play to them though for having the van there for a few hours for pick-ups.

I feel a bit sorry for the feckers, is this their first Christmas?

• Advertisement

64FHXsrl.jpg

ee5ysiTl.jpg
    My guess would be they left your package outside because they had no room for it and when they finally had room at your chosen Motel the water had already seeped into the cardboard then collected in the locker. Just my guess anyway :P

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

That's mental. But sure don't they have a policy of not accepting parcels in bad condition at Finglas / Belfast?

Must be damage in transit or locker then

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭suds1984

Jaysus ^^^

I had a laptop delivered to a motel last week. Luckily it wasn't raining, but I did wonder what would have happened if it was lashing as the lockers didn't seem very waterproof.

Anybody here having delays to Cork by the way? Or is it only the infamous Lucan motel that's fecked.

Fair play to them though for having the van there for a few hours for pick-ups.

I feel a bit sorry for the feckers, is this their first Christmas?

I had delays on orders being delivered to mahon point parcel motel last week. Received them all eventually. I think the delay was the slowness in the packages being uploaded on the system as once they were listed on my account I had them within 24 hours. Unless your talking about oversized items which they 'forgot' to forward onto to the nightline depot in little island!

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭eirman

This is probably something that PM themselves can only answer, but I welcome any guesses.

Can I use the PM addresses (NI & ROI) for an ordinary letter (i.e. not a parcel).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

eirman wrote: »
    This is probably something that PM themselves can only answer, but I welcome any guesses.

Can I use the PM addresses (NI & ROI) for an ordinary letter (i.e. not a parcel).

Yes, doesn't matter what size. Still pay the €3.50. If it was junk mail you can still get charged

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭greyc

Item received by PM on Friday delivered to Maynooth on Sat (yesterday). Package received by them last monday 9th, still not delivered. Been on loads of times but getting nowhere. Maybe I'll get it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭munzab

i have something coming from ebay. not really a tracked item. problem is im going away for 3 weeks at the end of this week and im in serious trouble if it comes when we arent here, as i wouldnt be able to pick it up.

its the texaco dublin rathfarnham.

the ebay seller does not do tracking, it was marked as dispatched last monday. Parcel motel has not updated whether it has received it or not, and with the backlog, this is in serious jeopardy.

Is there a way to pay parcel motel and tell them to ship to an address in ireland where i work, so itll wait for me there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

munzab wrote: »
    i have something coming from ebay. not really a tracked item. problem is im going away for 3 weeks at the end of this week and im in serious trouble if it comes when we arent here, as i wouldnt be able to pick it up.

its the texaco dublin rathfarnham.

the ebay seller does not do tracking, it was marked as dispatched last monday. Parcel motel has not updated whether it has received it or not, and with the backlog, this is in serious jeopardy.

Is there a way to pay parcel motel and tell them to ship to an address in ireland where i work, so itll wait for me there?

Can you just get someone to pick it up for you if it comes while you are away?

I live near enough there, I could pick it up for you if you're stuck.

Delivery to an alternative address - Any address in Ireland including Northern Ireland. A supplement of €10.50 in addition to the €3.50 Parcel Motel charge, so €14.00 in total per parcel.
    From HERE

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

If there's anyone else in the country close to a Motel that can collect it for you - it can be forwarded for €4.50 - €6.50 extra depending on size of locker required.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭munzab

Can you just get someone to pick it up for you if it comes while you are away?

I live near enough there, I could pick it up for you if you're stuck.

username123, many thanks for that, i might take you up on that offer if push comes to shove. ill know more during the week if this thing isnt delivered.

i am very thankful for your offer, it really helps ease some pressure here. of course, if its a little off the way for you, i will forward it to an address, the only problem is i am not sure how to do this while not around.

please let me know if thats ok, if not, ill check the other delivery method. Please dont feel obliged to do it if you can't!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

username123, many thanks for that, i might take you up on that offer if push comes to shove. ill know more during the week if this thing isnt delivered.

i am very thankful for your offer, it really helps ease some pressure here. of course, if its a little off the way for you, i will forward it to an address, the only problem is i am not sure how to do this while not around.

please let me know if thats ok, if not, ill check the other delivery method. Please dont feel obliged to do it if you can't!!

It's no bother, I'll be around all Xmas and I pass by that way regularly. I'll pm you my number in case you need me to pick it up.

My first item still says CheckedIn since the 11th and the Amazon order still says estimated delivery 14th so I don't know if it's been delivered or not... Getting annoyed waiting so long! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Mental_Legend

Is the Parcel Motel website not working for anybody else? Every time I log in, it just takes me back to the home page, and clicking on "My Parcel Motel" only goes to the login screen.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Is the Parcel Motel website not working for anybody else? Every time I log in, it just takes me back to the home page, and clicking on "My Parcel Motel" only goes to the login screen.

Working ok for me, I had url bookmarked

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Try a didn't browser, seems like a cookies or similar issue rather than there site

I can log in ok but the contact us link gives a 404 and has done since Friday. Assuming the worst does anyone know how much is each parcel insured for?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭donegal_man

I can log in ok but the contact us link gives a 404 and has done since Friday. Assuming the worst does anyone know how much is each parcel insured for?

From their website
    Our Liability howsoever arising and notwithstanding that the cause of any theft, loss or damage be explained or unexplained shall not exceed:
    a) The replacement value of any goods or merchandise stolen, lost or damaged OR
    b) EUR €100 (one hundred euro) whichever shall be the least
    We shall not in any circumstances whatsoever be liable for indirect or consequential loss such as (but not limited to) loss of profits, loss of market or the consequences of delay or deviation however caused.
    By special arrangement agreed in writing and in advance of accepting a Parcel from you we may from time to time accept liability in excess of the of the limit set out above upon you agreeing to pay additional charges for us accepting such increased liability. Details of additional services are available upon request.

€100 but it's more if you pay extra.

• Advertisement

Cheers I couldn't find that info it seems its only present before you login. I'm using lastpass so am always logged in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement