Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Updated look for the site (part2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Can I ask how do I actually SEE the new boards look? My view of it hasn't changed at all!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

tinkerbell wrote: »
    Can I ask how do I actually SEE the new boards look? My view of it hasn't changed at all!

There's a link in the first post of the thread to switch. Or else log out, as I believe it's now the default skin for guests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Sea Filly wrote: »
    Can anyone answer this, please? :)

I'd like to know that too.

Where the fuck is the "vanity search" function gone!?!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

The new view is crap. Thats all I want to say on the matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

I'd like to know that too.

Where the fuck is the "vanity search" function gone!?!!!

:D

I pretend it's because I want to respond to people who have quoted me, but really it's to see all the +1s that have been lavished upon my utterly deadly posts in my absence. :cool::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭RNC

not digging all the ad links everywhere or the top menu locked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

Yeaaaah! The underline is back!!!

Well done lads!!!:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

After logging on this morning my view has gone all weird.

Text has changed to a plain font and writing has got smaller. Also links on top are now showing the full lists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Paddy

After logging on this morning my view has gone all weird.

Text has changed to a plain font and writing has got smaller. Also links on top are now showing the full lists.

Could you send us a screen shot please?

RNC wrote: »
    not digging all the ad links everywhere or the top menu locked

There are no more or less ads than there were previously?

• Advertisement

Can anyone answer this, please? :)

- Click on your username in the top bar
    - Click on the statistics tab
    - Click "Find all thanked posts by ..."

Could you send us a screen shot please?

Yeah sorry was meant to add one in my original post.

It's weird as it was working fine yesterday.

Yeah sorry was meant to add one in my original post.

It's weird as it was working fine yesterday.

Sorry half asleep here, should also have asked for Browser and Operating System. :)

Sorry half asleep here, should also have asked for Browser and Operating System. :)

Sorry I should have also included them :)

Internet Explorer 8
    Windows XP SP3

Should also have mentioned that it's same if i'm logged out.
    I was using it yesterday (it's a work pc) and it displayed as normal.

::EDIT::

I have also tested it using google chrome with the same results, looks like it maybe OS issue??

Also added another screen - the search bar has weird white box around it, like its not fitting in its place (IE and Chrome).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

- Click on your username in the top bar
    - Click on the statistics tab
    - Click "Find all thanked posts by ..."

Oh no, I mean, how do you search for who has quoted you in their post? Not who has thanked your post. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

My 'My Forums' dropdown has stopped working today. It shows the header on rollover, but no items. Clicking the 'My Forums' button brings me to the main page.

Happening to anyone else?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

TPD wrote: »
    My 'My Forums' dropdown has stopped working today. It shows the header on rollover, but no items. Clicking the 'My Forums' button brings me to the main page.

Happening to anyone else?

It brings you to something similar to the main page, but with only the forums you are following when you click on "My Forums".

If you want to use it as a shortcut to a forum, you hover over, guide your pointer to the forum, then click on the name of the forum you want to get into.

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

regarding http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79814877&postcount=267

The anomaly suddenly disappeared at approx. 1:00am this morning!

The color suggestion still applies.

~

It brings you to something similar to the main page, but with only the forums you are following when you click on "My Forums".

If you want to use it as a shortcut to a forum, you hover over, guide your pointer to the forum, then click on the name of the forum you want to get into.

It does bring me to the 'my forums' page when I click on it, but there are still no items in the dropdown. I had 7 or 8 forums there yesterday.

Using windows 7 32bit and Chrome 20.0.1132.57 m

• Registered Users Posts: 10,472 ✭✭✭✭28064212

It does bring me to the 'my forums' page when I click on it, but there are still no items in the dropdown. I had 7 or 8 forums there yesterday.

Using windows 7 32bit and Chrome 20.0.1132.57 m
    If you go to your Control Panel, are they listed there?

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, and dark mode). Now available through the extension stores

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Advertisement

28064212 wrote: »
    If you go to your Control Panel, are they listed there?

Yup, it's just the rollover/dropdown on the top right of the new look which is playing up.

And now after signing out and back in, it's fine. Weird.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Yeaaaah! The underline is back!!!

Well done lads!!!:):)
    +1000

Well%20Done%20!.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Yup, it's just the rollover/dropdown on the top right of the new look which is playing up.

And now after signing out and back in, it's fine. Weird.

I'm getting that issue now.

My roll-over drop down is working on my user name but not on my forums - I now just get a blue box saying "my forums" rather than the drop-down list...was working fine last time I was on & I've logged out, cleared cache, etc, still not working...

Oh no, I mean, how do you search for who has quoted you in their post? Not who has thanked your post. Thanks!

Ah OK I get you now. Will investigate why the new search results aren't finding quoted posts as well as the old one.

Dropdown for forums hasn't been working since last night -

dropdown.jpg

I'm running Windows 7 and Google Chrome (most recent version)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Just a quick note to say well done to all involved in the new look, looks great and the top menu is MUCH easier to navigate that the old one. Congrats :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It's not letting me do an 'advanced search' for the last few days on the new skin.
    Like, if I search by user or forum, I just get every post in the result, not what I specifically looked for.

Maybe it's just me! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

It's a bit annoying that you can't search by thanks anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I've been trying to use this updates look, but I just hate it. It's so depressing to look at. Makes me feel like I'm using Windows 95. Please change something!
    I know I can use the old one still but you're not going to be supporting that one anymore so what's the point.
    So mundane and yuck! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,482 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Same problem as Posy above, in Advanced Search I haven't been able to do a search by user for the last few days.

In the test below when I select user it places the users name at the RH side of the box with an "x" after the name, clicking on search enters "undefined" in the box and returns all results and not the results by user.

1zwi8gx.jpg

Advertisement