Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Updated look for the site (part2)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

After Hours doesnt appear in the Rec drop down menu for me.

Shamrok wrote: »
    Since Sunday (I think, maybe Saturday) the new boards site locks my internet connection on my htc desire, using the standard browser. It definitely only happens with this site and only way out is to restart the phone. Android 2.2.2, Meteor.

you should

1. update your android to at least 2.3.5 (gingerbread) froyo (2.2.2) is woeful.. gingerbread runs better & uses less battery life.

to do this first backup your stuff onto your pc then go to settings, about phone, software updates, then run the update. (make sure your phone is fully charged first)

2. use firefox for android (boards.ie app runs nicely on it)

i have a htc desire hd... trust me when i say gingerbread is way better than froyo. just waiting for Three to release the ICS update now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,461 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Banned by any chance? Forums you have a ban from don't show up in the menu

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, and dark mode). Now available through the extension stores

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Paddy

You were just unbanned from AH, your menu should update if you log out and back in again.

28064212 wrote: »
    Banned by any chance? Forums you have a ban from don't show up in the menu

not banned anymore :D it didn't appear before i was banned either... still not showing now... ban was lifted earlier

logged out and back in still no change

it doesn't show on my other ac either... that ac was never banned

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

not banned anymore :D it didn't appear before i was banned either... still not showing now... ban was lifted earlier

logged out and back in still no change

it doesn't show on my other ac either... that ac was never banned

Your other account - can I get the user ID?

Browser and OS version please, your permissions are fine on our end so I expect this is a caching issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭lifelongnoob

Your other account - can I get the user ID?

Browser and OS version please, your permissions are fine on our end so I expect this is a caching issue

firefox 13.0.1

win 7 pro sp1 32bit (in work) / 64bit ultimate at home

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Mentioned the tab thing earlier (write text, press tab-enter, should post it) but couldn't remember exactly where it was. Seems to be whenever I quote someone, enter text, press tab and it goes into Post Reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭skywalk

mmmmmmmmm nice !

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Thanks for 'Cosy' mode! :):)

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    Thanks for 'Cosy' mode! :):)

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Adding tags to stickied threads gives an 'Invalid Action Specified', regular threads seem to work fine.

Chrome 20.0.1132.57, OSX 10.8

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Ah the link in the OP to change the sticky header option in the post (by Dav that the OP quoted) just brought me to the normal options menu.
    It should direct to here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/profile.php?do=appearancesettings

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

How do I go back to the old look? Logged in this morning and I am on this new layout. So slow it is unusable on iPhone.

How do I go back to the old look? Logged in this morning and I am on this new layout. So slow it is unusable on iPhone.

I assume you're on the phone so I switched to the mobile look on my laptop.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/profile.php?do=editoptions

Try that and then change it under "quick syle chooser". That'll hopefully work.

There should be a link in the breadcrumb bar that says "Switch to old look"

Alternatively the touch site is much better suited to iPhone

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

The link in the OP to switch to the old look no longer works, just to let you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

There should be a link in the breadcrumb bar that says "Switch to old look"

Alternatively the touch site is much better suited to iPhone

I agree in general, but when it comes to moderating, it's impossible to use.

The link in the OP to switch to the old look no longer works, just to let you know!

Thanks, updated that now.

Paddy, the link still links us to options :)

I have no idea if this is to do with the new skin (or just because I switched skins) but some of my options were changed the default options: the post count per page was at default, the thread subscription was back to default aswell as the start of the week.

Not to mention that when I did go into options (after realizing I was subscribed to a thread), the forum skin was set to "use forum default" rather than "-- Boards.ie new beta".

But again I dunno if it's a bug due to the new skin :o

• Advertisement

On the off chance no one has mentioned it (havent time to check) there seems to be a problem in the "Followed Threads" Notifications where it shows up that there are 1 or more threads with new replies that you are following.

When you click on it however to go look at the list of threads you are following there ARE no threads with new replies.

Despite opening every thread in the list, scrolling to the last pages, and marking all the forums as "read" that they are from, my notifications are still showing a number in the "Followed threads" as if there is 2 threads with new replies.

On the off chance no one has mentioned it (havent time to check) there seems to be a problem in the "Followed Threads" Notifications where it shows up that there are 1 or more threads with new replies that you are following.

When you click on it however to go look at the list of threads you are following there ARE no threads with new replies.

Despite opening every thread in the list, scrolling to the last pages, and marking all the forums as "read" that they are from, my notifications are still showing a number in the "Followed threads" as if there is 2 threads with new replies.

It has been mentioned, several times :) We are looking in to it

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Oh good, you made it so clicking on the number of followed threads brings you straight to them.

Since it's the default skin, I'll go with it for a few days to see how it goes. I think I can adjust to non-sticky, cosy full width.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

you should

1. update your android to at least 2.3.5 (gingerbread) froyo (2.2.2) is woeful.. gingerbread runs better & uses less battery life.

to do this first backup your stuff onto your pc then go to settings, about phone, software updates, then run the update. (make sure your phone is fully charged first)

2. use firefox for android (boards.ie app runs nicely on it)

i have a htc desire hd... trust me when i say gingerbread is way better than froyo. just waiting for Three to release the ICS update now :)
    Thanks for the info but my phone has no updates to install. Its a htc desire not a desire hd. Its the only site I'm having trouble like this with. I have ended up deleting boards completely from my phone bookmarks as I was hitting it without thinking and the internet hanging was driving me mental.

Shamrok wrote: »
    Thanks for the info but my phone has no updates to install. Its a htc desire not a desire hd. Its the only site I'm having trouble like this with. I have ended up deleting boards completely from my phone bookmarks as I was hitting it without thinking and the internet hanging was driving me mental.

there is a boards.ie app on google play store

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

having trouble accessing boards on my phone (samsung galaxy s 2) it will not load the webpage at all,any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

top nav bar doesn't get anchored in iOS for ipad.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Bug

Issue
    Forum missing from dropdown after ban

Browser
    Google Chrome

OS
    Windows 7

I was banned from Games for three weeks, and then it was reveresed. After my ban was removed the forum is not visible from the dropdown menu. I am able to access from "My Forums" and if I actually drill into the games dropdown, it becomes visible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Are links darker or is it because they're not underlined? - I'm finding them hard to see. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

there is a boards.ie app on google play store
    Thanks and I know there's a touch version but I used to enjoy accessing the normal site on my phone. Its the only site now that just stops halfway across the loading bar and worse leaves me unable to use the net without restarting the phone.

Advertisement