Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Updated look for the site (part2)

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

Wait until I use it

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭BENDERS LINKS

Is Tony gone?

He never said good luck or nothing!?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Is Tony gone?

He never said good luck or nothing!?
    Hey Tony, how you doin'? :D

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭BENDERS LINKS

Esel wrote: »
    Hey Tony, how you doin'? :D
    It's not me...or I mean I'm not him!

:pac::p

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Sorry for the bump, but something's come up after I briefly switched back to the old beta to see what all the fuss was about over the menus.

I couldn't help but notice that on the old beta, the sub-forums looked a lot tidier:

234736.JPG

234735.JPG

Personally, I think it's not as clear as it could be which forums are subforums of other forums on the new skin. I think it would look better if all the subforums were indented when their menus are expanded.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

I already mentioned this on a different thread, but on the old beta, I am not seeing all the menu options under some forums, and no indication that there is anything missing. I use a zoom of 125% on Google Chrome, and if I use the new menu bar to drop down from "Soc", there are more than 5 columns of forums/subforums, but because of the zoom I can only see 4 - but no scroll bar or any indication that I am missing anything, I only noticed because I couldnt find The Ladies Lounge (which is in the last column that I cant see). Resizing works perfectly with other parts of the site, but not on the drop down menu it seems.
    It happens on Internet Explorer too.

Here is what it looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Sorry to drag up an old thread, when I logged on today, I was automatically in the old skin.

I tried to change back to the new one via the options menu, when i click 'save changes' a new tab opens with a list of my followed threads WTF????:(

I have tried logging out and back in, when I am on the page where you enter user and password, it shows up in the new skin:confused: but once logged in, it reverts back to the old.

Any suggestions as to what I may be doing wrong. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Please visit http://www.boards.ie/diagnostics and paste in your User Agent string.

Please visit http://www.boards.ie/diagnostics and paste in your User Agent string.
    Here you go, there is no rush with this as far as I,m concerned.

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; BRI/2; .NET4.0C)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Here you go, there is no rush with this as far as I,m concerned.

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; BRI/2; .NET4.0C)

You're running in compatibility mode so your browser is reporting itself as IE7. Please turn it off by clicking the page icon in the address bar that looks a bit like the following image:

8f153c7e-2384-4922-95f6-ae9919063999_34.jpg

• Advertisement

You're running in compatibility mode so your browser is reporting itself as IE7. Please turn it off by clicking the page icon in the address bar that looks a bit like the following image:

8f153c7e-2384-4922-95f6-ae9919063999_34.jpg
    Thats great Danny, all ok now.

Thanks again.

Advertisement