Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swedish house mafia stabbings (Updated Mod Warning Post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

People do know that alcohol is a drug, don't they??

If you look at any credible statistics you'll actually find that its the worst drug of all
    To the plain people of Ireland it is not a drug because it is legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,308 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

lightspeed wrote: »
    My theory is that the ridiculous system in place that allows and caters for many young people to survive comfortably on social welfare means they just hang around in groups of like minded knackers from an early age. Ive spoke on this site before about the need for the death penalty to be brought in. I know few would probably agree with me but its retarded to ignore the current facts.
    There are people out on bail with over 80 convictions and yet they continue to commit murder, violent and sexual crimes and that attitude is thats just how it is.

If u live in country where people can achieve so many convictions without being put in prison for life is it logical to expect violent crimes to rise or decline???

Do we really have to debate which is the most likely outcome?

I had started to reply and then I saw this bit. You're right. No point in debating such garbage.
    mikom wrote: »
    Murder Caused by Drugs

:D Clever lad, very good

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

in fairness did anybody hear of stabbings at concerts in the early 00's or late 90's even..?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭funkhouser

It's amazing so many people who weren't there are so absolutely certain about so much to do with the concert and the people who attended it. If you're that prejudiced don't bother posting or engaging with anyone on the subject because you know it all already! One poster even blamed the "working class". :rolleyes:

Call Liveline tomorrow to decry how terrible it all is.

"That's OK....your tears say more than real evidence ever could".

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I regret asking my question on AH.

I assume it was MCD Productions and they organized the gig?

Yeah my joke was in pretty poor taste. Without going to any troublesome details, similar incidents happened at Oxegen a few years back, people naturally discussed it on Boards and MCD went into full litigation mode and forced a gag on Boards of any MCD discussion, including discussion of any of their gigs, any of the venues they sponsor, etc. It was insane. As I recall, they actually managed to perpetuate this situation for almost three years up until some time in 2009. The word "Oxegen" was a banned word on the entire site because of it, and the site was threatened with being sued for an absolutely insane amount of money in "damages".

I'm sorry, but if you can't handle legitimate criticism then instead of suing people you should try to improve your business model. I have absolutely no time for gag orders etc, and I'm genuinely serious when I say it wouldn't surprise me at all if the knives come out (no pun intended) very quickly in the event of serious discussion of events occurring on Boards. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

funkhouser wrote: »
    It's amazing so many people who weren't there are so absolutely certain about so much to do with the concert and the people who attended it. If you're that prejudiced don't bother posting or engaging with anyone on the subject because you know it all already! One poster even blamed the "working class". :rolleyes:

You realise that a lot of people called what was going to happen when the line up was announced. This is not an isolated incident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

It's not the 'emerging generation', it's the usual underclass skangers responsible for 90% of the trouble.

Strange though, that it was never an issue even a few years ago. Yeah you got drugs, drunks, idiots etc at gigs but, never came across stabbings!!

This is a new low.

There's definitely a large emerging and tolerated thuggish element wrecking stuff like this for everyone else.

It was a minority of out of control thugs that destroyed English soccer for a generation too.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

Melion wrote: »
    People blaming weed and pills for any fights last night make me laugh. Smoke weed and you wont be able to fight. Take pills and you'll be too loved up to want to fight.

and take cocaine you'll be?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Well I have had the misfortune of driving on the Navan Road every night this week after kicking out time. Not a single problem with any of the gigs so far and I don't expect any tonight either.

However last night when it was a case of dodge the traffic cone the scumbags were throwing at cars, glasses and bottles being thrown at cars from the Halfway House and I saw one young man taking a dump on the roundabout.

Not a guard in sight either.

it should be discussed it happened at a concert,teens and kid and relatives of loved ones attend these events,if there is a safety issue with the concert and the people tanked up on drugs and drink allowed in then its a problem.i remember going to concerts years ago and nothing like that went on,no stabbings or fights or anything like that people popped es ,smoked a joint and were happy out,not like now its all head shop gear,cocaine and drink and getting aggressive..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 daithiobeag

No dope would suit you better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

in fairness did anybody hear of stabbings at concerts in the early 00's or late 90's even..?

only the raves. My sis used to regale me with tales of skanky derring-do; bless 'er.. in fact, rave n rap seemingly gave wind to our criminal underworld far as I recall, 20+ yr ago. N girls like my sis, who finds it attractive

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OMARS_COMING_

Next time i go to a gig,im bringing a knife for protection.

thats the problem right there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Next time i go to a gig,im bringing a knife for protection.
    That won't really help you.

See when you get into a fight with the insanely hardcore, tough, brave men here, it usually involves them (as in 5+) against one person.

Your knife won't do much when you have about 5-6 people jumping on your skull.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

VEN wrote: »

Anytime I've had cocaine, I've just felt relaxed and more alert.
    I know it causes different reactions in different people, but I don't think you can generalise this stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,308 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

See when you get into a fight with the insanely hardcore, tough, brave men here, it usually involves them (as in 5+) against one person.

Also, only scum carry knives

its disgusting the way people fight now,years back it used to be the odd pushing and kicking and a punch and if a person was not any of the better of it the aggressor would leave off and the point would be made,now its overkill do young people really comprehend the damage they are doing to the victim they are about to take a life away from,or the relatives,or themselves with a criminal record that will follow them around for the rest of their life?

Collie D wrote: »
    Also, only scum carry knives

I agree. I like to just break a bottle of someone's head while Damo and Decko tackle him. :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I would quite like to have one of those taser things or a cattle prod to drop these scumbags to the floor when they start to misbehave...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,898 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

eviltwin wrote: »

Well I have had the misfortune of driving on the Navan Road every night this week after kicking out time. Not a single problem with any of the gigs so far and I don't expect any tonight either.

However last night when it was a case of dodge the traffic cone the scumbags were throwing at cars, glasses and bottles being thrown at cars from the Halfway House and I saw one young man taking a dump on the roundabout.

Not a guard in sight either.

We ordered a taxi pick up from ashington ( we were not at the gig) and a few said they were not going near the navan road as it's too much hassle. Worked out well for me, early night though there were large groups of people crawling around the estates til 3 am off the navan road.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OMARS_COMING_

True.

But i go to gigs with my boys,usually about 20+ of us on a bus and ill make sure were all tooled up and ready for action.

We'll be like something out of gangs of new york.

Anytime I've had cocaine, I've just felt relaxed and more alert.
    I know it causes different reactions in different people, but I don't think you can generalise this stuff.

coke can make you aggressive and even more so if you mix it with other drugs(could even be head shop gear doing the rounds) and drink..

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Oscorp

its disgusting the way people fight now,years back it used to be the odd pushing and kicking and a punch and if a person was not any of the better of it the aggressor would leave off and the point would be made,now its overkill do young people really comprehend the damage they are doing to the victim they are about to take a life away from,or the relatives,or themselves with a criminal record that will follow them around for the rest of their life?

Scum can have criminal records the size of a small novel and still walk the streets in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭amacca

people that do those kinds of things just dont care for the most part I'd say

and I firmly believe that for the majority of them the reason they dont care is because either they have not experienced severe consequences for behaving like scumbags early on enough in life or they haven't seen the appropriate consequences being visited on other scumbags behaving this way.

start punishing undesirable behavior harshly and sticking to the punishment and there will be a reduction in the amount of stabbings, random unprovoked attacks etc

Really annoying for half an hour.

coke can make you aggressive and even more so if you mix it with other drugs(could even be head shop gear doing the rounds) and drink..

It's still the person's fault. If something affects them badly they shouldn't do it.

I'm not trying to get this into a "scumbags on the dole" thread but even if you do have a criminal record etc and you're on the dole, can't you go on all these ****ing retarded FAS programmes for "drug addicts" and various anti-social stuff and still get your dole?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Really annoying for half an hour.

• Advertisement

amacca wrote: »
    people that do those kinds of things just dont care for the most part I'd say

and I firmly believe that for the majority of them the reason they dont care is because either they have not experienced severe consequences for behaving like scumbags early on enough in life or they haven't seen the appropriate consequences being visited on other scumbags behaving this way.

start punishing undesirable behavior harshly and sticking to the punishment and there will be a reduction in the amount of stabbings, random unprovoked attacks etc

The evidence doesn't really suggest that though. People raised with alcoholic or drug-abusing parents are more likely to follow them, even allowing for the genetics factor. Plenty of them will have friends die in certain circumstances yet not change their own behaviour at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement