Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Stolen in 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭chessman

Why aren't the cops doing this themselves?

why not indeed,wasnt the bloody thing stolen day one,go back to hte cops and tell them to get their arse into gear and do their job

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

Yeah Coz they're gonna drop everything and hop to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

chessman wrote: »
    why not indeed,wasnt the bloody thing stolen day one,go back to hte cops and tell them to get their arse into gear and do their job

who said they are not doing their job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Wicklowandy

Been watching this with great interest.....bought a car a few years ago from a good friend who bought it from a garage, one day bringing my mother to the shops cop car tore up behind me with blue lights, when i stopped ran up and took keys from ignition. I had tax book, insurance and receipt in glovebox, they told me car was listed as stolen, with details given i was let on my way (must have respectable face!)but guard made appointment to present myself at tallaght garda station (the station with the stolen vehicle report) the next day. Was very worried but literally went in produced details i had and car was removed from register simple as that. Further checking by me showed car was previously stolen recovered and had never left register. This happened in 2004.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFQzz2Idp_kQHEkxbvNhQSe-jm3g23fcC0ep5tZYaEd3XTEYz62A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'm thinking OP got his car back, and as his car is a pimp mobile, he got laid within moments of getting his car back, and thus can't even walk to the keyboard to give us an update.

That or he has no update, and is not updating the thread due to the abuse he's getting from the keyboard warriors...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

And that ends that.

If and when the OP returns, please PM one of the mods and we'll re open it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

I've been promised the detective will call me at 6. So hopefully more news then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

Bohrio wrote: »
    Your talking about comprehensive are you not? I am sure u wouldn't drive an uninsured car

Third party, fire & theft.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Frynge wrote: »

Fingers crossed!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

He'll call you at around 7 to tell you there's no update yet!

He rang and I missed his call, but he said there was news and now he is out of the station so I have to call beck later..........again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

He rang and I missed his call, but he said there was news and now he is out of the station so I have to call beck later..........again.
    that's it, I'm unsubscribing. You're as bad as the fella that has your car! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

When you left a message at the station did you inform them the suspense was killing the boardsie folks???

Let us know!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

I'm half hoping he's gonna tell you, that since you showed so little real
    interest I getting YOUR car back, they're letting the other lad keep it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

I'm half hoping he's gonna tell you, that since you showed so little real
    interest I getting YOUR car back, they're letting the other lad keep it

Are you for real?

It's the system failing, not the OP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

sorry for the delay in getting back go you.

yes I have news, but it's not good.

the guy that had your car reported it stolen a few hours ago so it's now completely missing.

but we did flag it on anpr so maybe it'll turn up somewhere.

if you have any questions do call the station again

:pac:

andyseadog wrote: »
    Are you for real?

It's the system failing, not the OP

TBF the op is not exactly trying to sort it either.

hondasam wrote: »

What would you do that they haven't?

What would you do that they haven't?

I would have my car back by now that's for sure.
    The gardai know where it is, they have called to the house and the detective knows the man who has it.

• Advertisement

I would have my car back by now that's for sure.
    The gardai know where it is, they have called to the house and the detective knows the man who has it.

You didn't answer my question...
    What would you have done that the OP hasn't?

How would you have retrieved it without breaking a law yourself or potentially endangering yourself?

You didn't answer my question...

How would you have retrieved it without breaking a law yourself or potentially endangering yourself?

Is there some reason the gardai have not gone and recovered the car?
    Do we know all the facts?

Is there some reason the gardai have not gone and recovered the car?
    Do we know all the facts?

Your like a politician for dodging the questions.

In response to your questions, I have no idea, I'm sure that's between the OP and the gardai. I'm sure the gardai also want to avoid a messy situation so want to ensure all the paperwork and tools are in place to successfully and efficiently remove the car.

This is Ireland, we are adults and unless you are extremely naive then you know that there is much more to retrieving a stolen car that telling the gard to 'go get your car back, NOW'.

Your like a politician for dodging the questions.

In response to your questions, I have no idea, I'm sure that's between the OP and the gardai. I'm sure the gardai also want to avoid a messy situation so want to ensure all the paperwork and tools are in place to successfully and efficiently remove the car.

This is Ireland, we are adults and unless you are extremely naive then you know that there is much more to retrieving a stolen car that telling the grad to 'go get your car back, NOW'.

To answer your question, I know if my car was stolen tonight and I knew where it was the gardai would recover it straight away.

if the car has a status of stolen on the pulse system then the gardai will recover it straight away.
    Do you think they just see stolen cars everyday and ignore them?

How do you think the recover stolen cars? by talking nice to the thiefs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

In all fairness its a joke. Yet another friday is approaching and still no car. Paperwork or not, procedure or not, this man is still driving the op's stolen car

edit, it should at least have been impounded by now

To answer your question, I know if my car was stolen tonight and I knew where it was the gardai would recover it straight away.

if the car has a status of stolen on the pulse system then the gardai will recover it straight away.
    Do you think they just see stolen cars everyday and ignore them?

How do you think the recover stolen cars? by talking nice to the thiefs?

You aren't answering the question. For the 4rd time -
    What would YOU do that the OP hasn't?

It's all very well to sit behind the screen and say 'oh if it was my car I'd have the gards on it ASAP etc etc'.

The fact of the matter is the gardai are working at their own pace and a civilian can not rush them. It's hardly a life or death emergency, blue flashing beacons affair is it, it's a car that was robbed several years ago.

Can you suggest something you would try that the OP hasn't? Because if you can't then it would only be common decency to the OP and their thread to not be casting their actions on retrieving their own car into question and doubt.

Firstly, my comment was mostly tongue in cheek.
    But, I would have gone as far up the chain of command as I could,to ensure the car was impounded until the case is resolved. I'm sure they're entitled to do so, if they think a crime has been committed. And since we know the car was reported as stolen, this is a given.
    Also, I would have contacted a solicitor to make sure of my legal rights and use him to put pressure on the gardai to hurry the case along.
    In my experience, the gardai will only move as hard as they're pushed.
    One last thing. Why are some posters using the term "current owner" to describe the person in possession of the car. He doesn't, as far as I'm aware OWN any part of it, regardless of how he came to possess it.

The op also has a whole lot of other things to be doing at the same time as getting onto the gardai about an issue that has, in the grand scheme of things low priority.

The Gardai have a ton of other things to do, and i will be the first to admit it.
    the fact is the detective isn't in the station because he dealing with an issue involving a pool cue and the exit of somebody's eyeball from their head.

The op also has a whole lot of other things to be doing at the same time as getting onto the gardai about an issue that has, in the grand scheme of things low priority.

The Gardai have a ton of other things to do, and i will be the first to admit it.
    the fact is the detective isn't in the station because he dealing with an issue involving a pool cue and the exit of somebody's eyeball from their head.

I'm sure you have lots of things to do but getting the car back is the most important thing I thought.

Can I ask you something?

why is there a need for a detective to investigate this?
    what is stopping them from going out and detaining the car for TE as is the norm?

• Advertisement

Suppose Op, if you can show this much patience, the rest of us will have to as well.
    Good luck with it.
    P.s its a 520i isn it?:)

Advertisement