Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Stolen in 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Worth getting shot?!
    depends on the car :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Frynge wrote: »
    Going up to the Garda station bout 3pm so hopefully some good news then

I can't understand why it's taken so long to get this far tbh.

Recovering stolen goods should be quick enough surely once ownership is proved?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Frynge wrote: »
    Going up to the Garda station bout 3pm so hopefully some good news then
    15:12

Any news?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

This is worse than a dragged out soap opera storyline,when will we find out "who dun it?"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭TheBody

Sing all together now......."why are we waiting......" :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

BOOOO I thought you were the OP there when I seen the notification. I'm hooked now. The suspense is killing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭scotchy

OK, that’s it.:mad:

I’m proposing that everyone following this thread meet up tonight, we march down to this guy’s place, possibly carrying pitchforks and lighted clubs, and we take matters into our own hands.

:)

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

i just want pictures of the fecking car :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭TheBody

Maybe they are giving the guy who robbed the car a good old fashioned beat down!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

By reasons of deduction and solving the cryptic clues from the OP i have discovered what the car is,behold

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTV_lsoLx4SwaZTDqJj_XfN1qpmyKH4Ox5CwZazQASrh7Eo6-Dx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

It can't be a good car if it wasn't insured.

I'd say it's a 1 litre Micra Automatic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,244 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Pov06 wrote: »

I'd say it's a 1 litre Micra Automatic :D

Surely something lie that woud have been better sold than garaged. I'm guessing, at least a 1.25 Fiesta!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

Has the op being arrested that's why they wanted him at the cop shop, and now this story will never have an end!!!!!

Seriously OP whats the story???
    We clearly are impatient

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I have lost interest at this stage. I would have solved a murder since this thread started.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,766 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Who insures a car they're not using - do/would you ?? :confused:

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

galwaytt wrote: »
    Who insures a car they're not using

People that dont want to risk losing their expensive car and being left out of pocket? Insurance is not just so you can legally drive on a public road.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Zzzzzzzzzz....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,766 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

People that dont want to risk losing their expensive car and being left out of pocket? Insurance is not just so you can legally drive on a public road.

If they had the money to insure it, don't you think they'd be driving it.... ?

And, I'm open to correction on this, but has anyone ever got cover for not using their car - like, I mean, has anyone ever managed to get anyone to quote for it ?

And, in this country, for the vast majority, they have insurance because the RTA says so.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

And, I'm open to correction on this, but has anyone ever got cover for not using their car - like, I mean, has anyone ever managed to get anyone to quote for it ?

quote for what?

i asume you just buy a regular car insurance policy and don't drive it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

That's not true, trespassing is being on someone's property without their consent
    Not strictly true. They have to inform you of their lack of consent.
    In other words, trespassing only occurs when you are asked to leave a person's property, or they have put up a sign informing you that trespassers will be prosecuted (although that is vague, as there is no guarantee that you saw, or read, the sign).
    Trespassers can only be prosecuted by the property owner as it is a civil offence rather than a criminal one.
    A bit pedantic I know, but in this particular case the OP would not be trespassing while he retrieved his car unless the property owner specifically asked him to leave the premises.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

Who insures a car they're not using - do/would you ?? :confused:

I would insure any car I own that's worth a considerable bit more than an insurance policy.

E.g €3000 worth car for a €700 yearly insurance premium, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

I would insure any car I own that's worth a considerable bit more than an insurance policy.

E.g €3000 worth car for a €700 yearly insurance premium, etc.

Your talking about comprehensive are you not? I am sure u wouldn't drive an uninsured car

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

On that topic, the OP could've insured the car.

He could have laid it up and returned the cert at a fraction of the cost.

Is he back yet? It's six hours and still no word.

This is annoying me :(

the OP probably isn't writing back because everybody is claiming the thread is gone ****, "too dragged out", "finding it boring now" etc...

**** sake they went to visit the garda station 6 hours ago, maybe they went to visit a friend afterwards, or went to the shops, or are making their family dinner or whatever.

there's a lot of harshness towards the OP today and they have been more than fair this far keeping us updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭dmc17

OP last posted at 12:18.... it's now 21:15. should we report him missing :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

andyseadog wrote: »
    the OP probably isn't writing back because everybody is claiming the thread is gone ****, "too dragged out", "finding it boring now" etc...

**** sake they went to visit the garda station 6 hours ago, maybe they went to visit a friend afterwards, or went to the shops, or are making their family dinner or whatever.

there's a lot of harshness towards the OP today and they have been more than fair this far keeping us updated.

Or maybe he has a life!

I would close this until the OP comes back but chances are I might not be in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

andyseadog wrote: »

Boards.ie does not permit one to have a life !! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

dmc17 wrote: »
    OP last posted at 12:18.... it's now 21:15. should we report him missing :confused:

No point if it takes as long to find him as it did the car. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

hondasam wrote: »
    No point if it takes as long to find him as it did the car. :p
    Maybe he's gone to repossess his property and has run into a little bit of (ahem) difficulty from the current owner :eek:

Pitchforks at the ready lads and lassies lets save him.....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭dmc17

Deank wrote: »
    Maybe he's gone to repossess his property and has run into a little bit of (ahem) difficulty from the current owner :eek:

Pitchforks at the ready lads and lassies lets save him.....:D

Ok let's go. We'll meet down by the old penitentiary. Make it quick though, I've to be home by 11:30 :(

Advertisement