Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Men who still live at home... is it a deal-breaker?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

py2006 wrote: »
    :eek: She's a keeper!
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,151 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

This might come as a shock to you, but some of us actually work and can pay for our own nights out. I have never 'been taken out for the night', I always pay my own way.

Believe it or not, there's nothing wrong with beig "taken out for the night". Despite what your Destiny's Child CDs might tell you, it's actually ok to be a normal human being and now and again have someone pay for stuff for you without burning your bra!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

:rolleyes:

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

This might come as a shock to you, but some of us actually work and can pay for our own nights out. I have never 'been taken out for the night', I always pay my own way.

I work and can pay my own way but it's nice to be taken out as well, I certainly do not object when someone wants to pay the bill.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

ya its nice to be treated every once in a while i wouldnt say no to it either..

• Advertisement

hondasam wrote: »
    I work and can pay my own way but it's nice to be taken out as well, I certainly do not object when someone wants to pay the bill.

Well as long as your willing to do the same once in while all is good! :)

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Believe it or not, there's nothing wrong with beig "taken out for the night". Despite what your Destiny's Child CDs might tell you, it's actually ok to be a normal human being and now and again have someone pay for stuff for you without burning your bra!

Jesus, you can't win! If all we want is a man with money we're shallow, if we're financially independent we're bra burning femininsts with poor taste in music.

What's a girl to do, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I wouldn't say no to being taken out and treated once in a while either. Just saying...

Well as long as your willing to do the same once in while all is good! :)

Yes of course I would.

Jesus, you can't win! If all we want is a man with money we're shallow, if we're financially independent we're bra burning femininsts with poor taste in music.

What's a girl to do, eh?

Yes to the first part, no to the second part.

If all you want is a man with money, you're shallow.

If you're independent, you're not bra burning but if you are making a point of showing everybody you are financially independent and saying you've never been taken out, that's a different story! Just be normal! Give a little, receive a little, no big deal!

If you've never been taken out, you're missing out!

• Advertisement

If you're independent, you're not bra burning but if you are making a point of showing everybody you are financially independent and saying you've never been taken out, that's a different story!

Out of curiosity, would you say the same to a man?

Out of curiosity, would you say the same to a man?

Why not?

I'm a man. I've been taken out! It's noce to know someone will do something nice for you.

My girlfriend once brought me out to see one of my favourite musicians one night and paid for everything for the night as a "thank you" for being a great boyfriend. It was lovely :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

What's a girl to do, eh?

In all fairness now there's a bit of difference between those two extremes and treating your other half the odd time.

Why not?

I'm a man. I've been taken out! It's noce to know someone will do something nice for you.

But have you been taken out by a man or a woman?
    ahhhhhhhhh now see!!

If you're independent, you're not bra burning but if you are making a point of showing everybody you are financially independent and saying you've never been taken out, that's a different story! Just be normal! Give a little, receive a little, no big deal!

What time will you pick me so? Purely to prove your theory of course;).

But have you been taken out by a man or a woman?
    ahhhhhhhhh now see!!

I edited that post and added a bit after you quoted me :)

Why not?

Agreed. Let's all just be nice to each other regardless of gender.

*offers MrStuffins a starburst*

*fails to convincingly conceal disappointment when he takes a strawberry one*

What time will you pick me so? Purely to prove your theory of course;).

See you at 8.

Very generous of you to take me out like this. I'll have a massive steak! :D

I edited that post and added a bit after you quoted me :)

Doh! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I live at home and do my own washing, make my own food, clean up after myself and pay my own bills.

Im also allowed to stay up as late as i like ;)

• Advertisement

Agreed. Let's all just be nice to each other regardless of gender.

*offers MrStuffins a starburst*

*fails to convincingly conceal disappointment when he takes a strawberry one*

*Sees disappointment, puts back and takes Lime one*

*lime are secretly my favourite*

I live at home and do my own washing, make my own food, clean up after myself and pay my own bills.

Im also allowed to stay up as late as i like ;)

But you're a creep to women! (kidding)

*Sees disappointment, puts back and takes Lime one*

*lime are secretly my favourite*

I think we can all safely agree that there's a bigger deal-breaker than living at home.

What's a girl to do, eh?

I'm financially independent. bra burning feminist I definitely am not, the music is debatable at times :p

See you at 8.

Very generous of you to take me out like this. I'll have a massive steak! :D

You're welcome ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

What's a girl to do, eh?

Try relaxing for a start. If a woman likes to be treated every now and then that doesn't make her shallow. :rolleyes: Can't a man do something nice for a lady?

You're welcome ;).

Seriosuly guys, if anybody asks....you didn't meet on After Hours!! :rolleyes:

Seriosuly guys, if anybody asks....you didn't meet on After Hours!! :rolleyes:

Especially if my girlfriend asks :P

Especially if my girlfriend asks :P

<<SNAP>> I think I just heard a heart break!

• Advertisement

<<SNAP>> I think I just heard a heart break!

True, I'm devastated :(.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement