Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭ozymandias10

can anyone let me know times and dates of munster training in UL in the coming forthnight. My young ladis mad into Munster in particular O'Connell. I want to bring him in to see them training. Thanks in advance

just bumping this in the hope someone can help...searched the Munster site but cant find anything

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

just bumping this in the hope someone can help...searched the Munster site but cant find anything

Munsterfans suggest ringing the UL Sports bar who should be able to tell you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

They were training today til 2pm in the bowl, but not sure if that's the norm every Tuesday or what

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

TheJims wrote: »
    ridiculous reactions, it probably comes down to the fact Munster are offering a Real contract, maybe 2 years or so, where as Leinster are offering pay by play for a year?

Most up to date rumour is that Leinster have offered him 2 years and he's signing up to that.

There was very little ridiculous reaction in those tweets. A bit of slagging and some slight frustration but that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,845 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

molloyjh wrote: »
    Most up to date rumour is that Leinster have offered him 2 years and he's signing up to that.

There was very little ridiculous reaction in those tweets. A bit of slagging and some slight frustration but that's about it.

A correct rumour. Done and dusted as it always would be. Fintan 'Muddy Waters' Drury does it again

Have fun with Conway chaps. We'll see you on the 13th.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/8297_573454526005617_319248387_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Right back to the real business of coveting the Luke we really want and need...McGrath. While Sheridan has come on by leaps and bounds and is now ahead of Williams in the reckoning (or so it looks, thankfully!) we still need cover for International camps/games/rest periods when Murray is away not to mention the "i" word which has plagued us in other positions this season. McGrath could go from being No. 4 scrumhalf at Leinster to No. 2 at Munster.

Leinster (or anyone else that will take him) are welcome to Williams ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,034 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

athtrasna wrote: »
    Right back to the real business of coveting the Luke we really want and need...McGrath. While Sheridan has come on by leaps and bounds and is now ahead of Williams in the reckoning (or so it looks, thankfully!) we still need cover for International camps/games/rest periods when Murray is away not to mention the "i" word which has plagued us in other positions this season. McGrath could go from being No. 4 scrumhalf at Leinster to No. 2 at Munster.

Leinster (or anyone else that will take him) are welcome to Williams ;)

That would be a terrible long term move for himself and Ireland. Another transfer that would only be for the good of Munster.

He'd be mad to put possible short term benefits ahead of his future and will hopefully follow in the footsteps of Luke (twice) , Ruddock and probably countless others and give Munster the two fingers.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    That would be a terrible long term move for himself and Ireland. Another transfer that would only be for the good of Munster.

He'd be mad to put possible short term benefits ahead of his future and will hopefully follow in the footsteps of Luke (twice) , Ruddock and probably countless others and give Munster the two fingers.

Jesus, will you ever give it a rest with the inter provincial mud slinging? Suppose it's just "banter" though?:rolleyes:

Why would it be bad for him and for Ireland? Getting more game time? Leinster had Boss & Reddan in the Ireland camp for several years..nothing to stop him following Murray there in a year or two, by which time Sheridan would have finished with the academy.

Why would it be bad for him and for Ireland? Getting more game time? Leinster had Boss & Reddan in the Ireland camp for several years..nothing to stop him following Murray there in a year or two, by which time Sheridan would have finished with the academy.

Nah it probably would be a bad move for McGrath. He's still very young and both Reddan and Boss are out the gap in a year or two anyway

Sheridan really looks like he could be a viable option for back-up to Murray if he sorts some things out but that will come with experience.

If McGrath came to Munster he'd have to oust Murray, starting Irish nine, and a very young one at that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

So you could think of 2 instances, and added some mindless splurge to try and exaggerated your point.

trouttrout wrote: »
    Jesus, will you ever give it a rest with the inter provincial mud slinging?

You are seriously precious or very new to the forum if you think that's inter provincial mudslinging. If provinces are selfishly going after (or posters calling for their provinces to go after) players tied to other provinces I feel it should be pointed out.

Where am I wrong in my post?

Though Conway leaving Leinster wasn't good for the club I saw the bigger picture it could be better for himself and Ireland and accepted it. Trying to go after McGrath helps no one but Munster long term and cant be called anything else.

You are seriously precious or very new to the forum if you think that's inter provincial mudslinging. If provinces are selfishly going after (or posters calling for their provinces to go after) players tied to other provinces I feel it should be pointed out.

Though Conway leaving Leinster wasn't good for the club I saw the bigger picture it could be better for himself and Ireland and accepted it. Trying to go after McGrath helps no one but Munster long term and cant be called anything else.

I'll just highlight what you've exaggerated in your post for the sake of reaction

You're looking for a reaction while having a dig too. It's not being precious on my part, just annoying having to wade through such childish drivel while trying to discuss rugby

btw, been around this forum a long time (almost two years). Trouttrout ain't my first

So you could think of 2 instances, and added some mindless splurge to try and exaggerated your point.

Well Jones and Conway gave in and if you include McGrath that's what 5 in the last 3 or so years that we know of.

The only one that we know that was offered the opposite way was D. Ryan.

It would be nice if you could deal with the point of McGrath's move being only good from a selfish Munster perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

If Munster are going after a player in contract Im almost certain Leinster have to sanction it, as was the case in the Conway transfer, and obviously the player has to want it. If McGrath wants to go to Munster that's his choice, it won't be forced upon him (he won't be going anywhere in reality of course). If a player is out of contract (like Fitz) then he is free to negotiate with any club, and any club is free to negotiate with him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭opinionatedfan

McGrath isnt going anywhere.

McGrath ain't coming to Munster. It would be a terrible move on Leinsters part and the players part. Bar Leinster sign a NIQ 9 he'll be fighting it out for first choice in Leinster withing 2 seasons

Anyway, on to something with a basis in reality. What to people think the team for Quins will be? I'd go for:

1 Killer
    2 Sherry
    3 Archer
    4 Ryan
    5 POC
    6 POM
    7 TOD
    8 Coughlan
    9 Murray
    10 Keatley
    11 Zebo (hopefully)
    12 Triple L
    13 Earls (hoepfully)
    14 Dougie
    15 Jones

I'll just highlight what you've exaggerated in your post for the sake of reaction

You're looking for a reaction while having a dig too. It's not being precious on my part, just annoying having to wade through such childish drivel while trying to discuss rugby

btw, been around this forum a long time (almost two years). Trouttrout ain't my first

It would be great if you stop being precious and deflecting rather than responding to the point I raised. How is McGrath moving to Munster good for anyone when not looking at it from a selfish Munster perspective?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

It would be great if you stop being precious and deflecting rather than responding to the point I raised. How is McGrath moving to Munster good for anyone when not looking at it from a selfish Munster perspective?

Jeez, who cares ?

• Advertisement

I stated clearly that it would not be a good move (twice actually)

My issue was with the ridiculously ott anti Munster sentiment of your post

marienbad wrote: »
    Jeez, who cares ?

Apparently trouttrout as he had a bit of a tantrum about me pointing it out.

Looks like after reading above he actually agrees with me too :confused:

Apparently trouttrout as he had a bit of a tantrum about me pointing it out.

Looks like after reading above he actually agrees with me too :confused:

What I don't agree with is the crap you were posting about "giving munster the two fingers" like "countless players" have

It's just looking for a reaction and pretty childish way of going about saying something. I never once said McGrath going to Munster would be a good thing, not sure why you're trying to imply I did now :confused:

I'm not the only one that took issue with your OP so maybe you should address how you say things in future rather than labeling other posters "precious"

Just wait til next year and SOB is out of contract lol :D

On the Quins squad, would rather see Downey there than Laualala - his battering ram attack was effective v Racing

Just wait til next year and SOB is out of contract lol :D

On the Quins squad, would rather see Downey there than Laualala - his battering ram attack was effective v Racing

I'd have no issue with Downey being in there for that if we were actually going to use him in that role but he's played too many games this year where he's been forced to play a game that he clearly isn't comfortable with to inspire much confidence in that regard.

What I don't agree with is the crap you were posting about "giving munster the two fingers" like "countless players" have

It's just looking for a reaction and pretty childish way of going about saying something. I never once said McGrath going to Munster would be a good thing, not sure why you're trying to imply I did now :confused:

I was responding to a poster who was saying that McGrath should move to Munster and when I pointed out that it would only benefit Munster you jumped in to defend them. To be honest I didn't see in the interim that you had said it wasn't a good move for him and if you agreed with me then you really had no reason to have a go at me for calling out the OP.

I think you need to toughen up a bit as for as long as Munster continue to try to chase Leinster players (I've done my best not to include a simile here that my hurt your current weak constitution) you're going to have to get used to people being outspoken, sometimes defensive and even negative on the subject or you'll be deleting another account quite quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Anyway, on to something with a basis in reality. What to people think the team for Quins will be? I'd go for:

1 Killer
    2 Sherry
    3 Archer
    4 Ryan
    5 POC
    6 POM
    7 TOD
    8 Coughlan
    9 Murray
    10 Keatley
    11 Zebo (hopefully)
    12 Triple L
    13 Earls (hoepfully)
    14 Dougie
    15 Jones

Really hope Earls and Zebo will be ready by then.. Would be a big loss if they weren't.

Eod100 wrote: »
    Really hope Earls and Zebo will be ready by then.. Would be a big loss if they weren't.

Munster statement on Zebo injury in Feb was out for 10 weeks, 7 weeks ago :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Munster statement on Zebo injury in Feb was out for 10 weeks, 7 weeks ago :(

Yeah, would be surprised if Earls is recovered by then too tbh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

LOD and Downey would be able replacements though, with Downey at 12 and Laulala at 13.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement