Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Was impressed with Sheridan last night and was great to see O'Connell back.Disappointed we didn't get the bp though!

Looks like the Glasgow match will be televised on BBC Alba. Don't suppose this is available on Sky? Would've thought RTE or TG4 would show it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Eod100 wrote: »
    Was impressed with Sheridan last night and was great to see O'Connell back.Disappointed we didn't get the bp though!

Looks like the Glasgow match will be televised on BBC Alba. Don't suppose this is available on Sky? Would've thought RTE or TG4 would show it!

You can tune in the frequency and it appears under other channels. Just search Google and you'll find it easily.

Edit: it's also on TG4.

Deano7788 wrote: »
    You can tune in the frequency and it appears under other channels. Just search Google and you'll find it easily.

Good stuff, thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Glass Prison 1214

I have heard that Sean Scanlon is going to Rotherham, makes sense since Conway and (possibly) Fitz are on the way in.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I have heard that Sean Scanlon is going to Rotherham, makes sense since Conway and (possibly) Fitz are on the way in.

IIRC Scanlon got a back injury at the start of the season that ruled him out for a while, similarly to Johne Murphy this prevented him being available for the early games in order to impress Penney. Best of luck to him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Harlequins lost 27-12 away to Saracens today in the Premiership.

Here were the teams:

Saracens:
    15 Alex Goode, 14 Chris Ashton, 13 Joel Tomkins, 12 Brad Barritt, 11 David Strettle, 10 Owen Farrell, 9 Richard Wigglesworth,
    8 Ernst Joubert, 7 Will Fraser, 6 Kelly Brown, 5 Alistair Hargreaves, 4 Steve Borthwick (c), 3 Matt Stevens, 2 Schalk Brits, 1 Mako Vunipola.

Replacements: 16 John Smit, 17 Nick Auterac, 18 Petrus du Plessis, 19 George Kruis, 20 Jackson Wray, 21 Neil de Kock, 22 Charlie Hodgson, 23 Chris Wyles.

Harlequins:
    15 Mike Brown, 14 Ugo Monye, 13 Matt Hopper, 12 Jordan Turner-Hall, 11 Sam Smith, 10 Nick Evans, 9 Danny Care,
    8 Nick Easter, 7 Chris Robshaw (c), 6 Tom Guest, 5 George Robson, 4 Charlie Matthews, 3 James Johnston, 2 Joe Gray, 1 Joe Marler.

Replacements: 16 Rob Buchanan, 17 Mark Lambert, 18 Will Collier, 19 Maurie Fa'asavalu, 20 Luke Wallace, 21 Karl Dickson, 22 Ben Botica, 23 George Lowe.

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,16024_8594960,00.html

Anyone know is there a supporter's bus or something like that going from Limerick to Cork after the Leinster match that night?

Checked citylink and the train there, they're both leaving at 8.50 and 8.45 so think it'd be cutting it a bit fine..

Pretty sure there was a train running after the same match least year but doesn't seem to be one organised for this year..

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭ozymandias10

can anyone let me know times and dates of munster training in UL in the coming forthnight. My young ladis mad into Munster in particular O'Connell. I want to bring him in to see them training. Thanks in advance

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

so what is the latest on the fitz tmove, how is it looking, 50-50 shot or better/worse?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Schmidt has said they made an offer of an extension at Leinster, and that he'll sit down with him sometime this week. So it seems everything is still up in the air a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

.ak wrote: »
    Schmidt has said they made an offer of an extension at Leinster, and that he'll sit down with him sometime this week. So it seems everything is still up in the air a bit.

Well they'll have to sit down with the condition Fitzgerald is in right now...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

So we could have serious strength and depth in the backline next year. Hopefully we can stop crabbing across the pitch and get the best out of them too

BGSHZ90CAAAeGLt.png:large

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Barf.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

trouttrout wrote: »
    BGSHZ90CAAAeGLt.png:large

sad-panda-meme-generator-that-makes-me-a-saaaaad-panda-6a8a0b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

did todayfm sport just report that this is a done deal?! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

Heard that report as well and Im confused to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Riskymove wrote: »

There's not much in that tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

ridiculous reactions, it probably comes down to the fact Munster are offering a Real contract, maybe 2 years or so, where as Leinster are offering pay by play for a year?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

I laughed at the Mountjoy comment anyway.

Where would Luke play in the Munster backline do you think? Fullback? Don't see him as a 12 or 14, earls and zebo have 11 and 13 sown up.

Where would Luke play in the Munster backline do you think? Fullback? Don't see him as a 12 or 14, earls and zebo have 11 and 13 sown up.

I'd play him at 12

Got all the attributes for the position

9 Murray
    10 Keatley
    11 Zebo
    12 Fitz
    13 Earls
    14 Conway
    15 Jones

Is a **** hot backline with bags of pace

My one problem with that backline is its small. 12 13 and 14 are not that big and not very robust. They along with Jones will spend a good bit of time on the treatment table each year. I also have my doubts that mannix is the man to make them tick!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/news/9558.php#.UVG5txyeOz4

Just announced that Lukey is re-signing for Leinster

trouttrout wrote: »
    I'd play him at 12

Got all the attributes for the position

9 Murray
    10 Keatley
    11 Zebo
    12 Fitz
    13 Earls
    14 Conway
    15 Jones

Is a **** hot backline with bags of pace

it-can-never-be_o_216385.jpg

Riskymove wrote: »
    http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/news/9558.php#.UVG5txyeOz4

Just announced that Lukey is re-signing for Leinster

Wonder was there much in the Munster rumours so..

Maybe he showed some interest in joining Munster in the hope of securing a better contract with Leinster..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,708 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Eod100 wrote: »
    Wonder was there much in the Munster rumours so..

Maybe he showed some interest in joining Munster in the hope of securing a better contract with Leinster..
    This is exactly what I think has happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Teferi wrote: »
    I laughed at the Mountjoy comment anyway.

The Christian Cullen one was the best imo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement