Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Yep, agree, but there's even less to suggest that being a great player translates into being a great coach yet that seems to be the assumption here.

My point was not about that, simply that you dont have to have been a free-flowing attacking winger to have your team playing that way as coach or whatever.

Anyways, I dont think there is any assumption of success but sure why not wait and see...why rule it out??

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Keeping ROG if at all possible is of course the right decision. And I'm sure he'll be great for the likes of Keatley and Hanrahan. He absolutely cannot be starting in the H Cup though, unless Keatley suffers a massive loss of form (and maybe even Hanrahan as well).

Really don't see why it's a problem to hire ex-players as coaches. Especially when they are assistants to assistants. I'd have a problem with putting them in charge of a coaching staff though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Stringer starts for Bath against Quins in the LV cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

yimrsg wrote: »
    Stringer starts for Bath against Quins in the LV cup.

Very mixed. Quick to the breakdown but his passing has gotten steadily worse over the last few years.

Classens on now.

Would certainly still do a job for Munster though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Very mixed. Quick to the breakdown but his passing has gotten steadily worse over the last few years.

Classens on now.

Would certainly still do a job for Munster though.

Yeah the commentators were gushing over him for the first 5 minutes, then Dickson totally eclipsed him once Quins cut loose. He'd still be a better option for Munster than persisting with Williams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Shane Byrne commenting after the Ireland game there was saying it's not possible for someone like O'Gara say to just play for a province without playing for Ireland or something.. Anyone know the ins and outs of this? Maybe they IRFU will look into it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Eod100 wrote: »
    Shane Byrne commenting after the Ireland game there was saying it's not possible for someone like O'Gara say to just play for a province without playing for Ireland or something.. Anyone know the ins and outs of this? Maybe they IRFU will look into it now.

They're all IRFU employees so should be available to Ireland. However, there is no reason why O'Gara couldn't sign a new contract just to play for Munster with appropriately lower salary.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Horgan is only trying to stir it up a bit there and I think he has a little bit of an agenda to put the contracting issues on the table, possibly on behalf of the players' union.

I don't see why O'Driscoll can't ask them to include a clause in his contract that he can only be called up with express consent from him (IE if there's a ridiculous injury crisis or something). Or O'Gara or whoever. Doesn't make sense to me. The fact he's contracted to a subsidiary of the IRFU shouldn't really change things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

Munster A: J Murphy; L O'Dea, D Barnes, I Dineen, R O'Mahony; JJ Hanrahan, C Sheridan; J Cronin, S Henry, J Ryan; D Foley, P O'Connell; N Ronan, S Dougall, CJ Stander. Replacements: M Horan, D Casey, N Scannell, K Griffin, B Hayes, Dave O'Callaghan, B Slater, S Deasy, C Bohane, C Hircock, S Scanlon, J Holland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭ed7890

trouttrout wrote: »
    Munster A: J Murphy; L O'Dea, D Barnes, I Dineen, R O'Mahony; JJ Hanrahan, C Sheridan; J Cronin, S Henry, J Ryan; D Foley, P O'Connell; N Ronan, S Dougall, CJ Stander. Replacements: M Horan, D Casey, N Scannell, K Griffin, B Hayes, Dave O'Callaghan, B Slater, S Deasy, C Bohane, C Hircock, S Scanlon, J Holland.

It's strange that they have 2 hookers on the bench. I guess they'll get 20 minute each. Great to see POC back!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

I'm heading to the game so I'll do up a sort of mini report on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Yeah Il more than likely be in there tomorrow
    Quite a few players playing for contracts next season
    Has Leinster side been named yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

ormond lad wrote: »
    Yeah Il more than likely be in there tomorrow
    Quite a few players playing for contracts next season
    Has Leinster side been named yet?

Nothing from them yet, no.

ed7890 wrote: »
    It's strange that they have 2 hookers on the bench. I guess they'll get 20 minute each. Great to see POC back!

12 replacements?

I guess there are no restrictions on subs??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Date and time for the Leinster match has just been announced. It's April 13th at 6.30pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Riskymove wrote: »

He signed a new contract a few weeks ago.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/rugby/oconnell-bullish-over-heineken-cup-return-225313.html
    I’m injury free and the Heineken Cup is definitely on for me.

Just over three weeks to go with two Rabo fixtures in the interim. Could be a massive boost for Munster.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

It looks like Munster's final two Rabo games, Dragons away and Zebre away, won't be broadcasted.

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/rugby/results_and_fixtures.php

Can we have Blackbeard back?

• Advertisement

It looks like Munster's final two Rabo games, Dragons away and Zebre away, won't be broadcasted.

No surprises there. Welsh TV seem to have given up on the Dragons and with six matches on simultaneously in the last round, Zebre v Munster was never going to be televised.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

TV Broadcasters for the last round of Rabo games haven't been confirmed yet.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

CatFromHue wrote: »
    since all the matches are on at the same time I would guess that they will pick the games that are still significant

CatFromHue wrote: »

oh I didn't notice that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Well that really leaves us with no option but to book the trip over, whats the weather like in Parma in May??

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/rugby/oconnell-bullish-over-heineken-cup-return-225313.html

Just over three weeks to go with two Rabo fixtures in the interim. Could be a massive boost for Munster.

Let's hope so.

I prefer the H cup to the 6 N

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

556816_10151814907142627_694752747_n.jpg

• Administrators Posts: 53,445 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

556816_10151814907142627_694752747_n.jpg

:D

Sure their boss is the one who matters and he turns out in white. :cool: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

245007.jpg

I was bored...

• Advertisement

Earls :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement