Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Eod100 wrote: »
    Not the best judging by this:

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/rugby/results_and_fixtures.php

Think that probably exaggerates the numbers a bit too by including season tickets and regardless of whether they show up or not.. But not 100% sure if that's true or not!

I'd say it's tickets sold. I was at the game on Saturday and there was way less than near 18,000 there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I think attendance figures are normally season tickets, 10 year tickets and any other tickets sold for the game, there was an awful lot of empty space last night, if I was to hazzard a guess I would have said about 12k people there, at the very very most.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I'd like to go to the Munster Leinster game but to put the tickets on sale without a confirmed time or date is stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

How do we think Ian Nagle is doing now that he's finally getting a run of games?

He looks like another Donnacha Ryan in the making to me.

How do we think Ian Nagle is doing now that he's finally getting a run of games?

He looks like another Donnacha Ryan in the making to me.

I'm really interested to see what he'll be playing next year, Munster have five locks (including POC) signed up for next season. Would they pay a sixth full squad player? Nagle's gametime would suggest Munster want to keep him I would have thought...

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,553 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

So, Duncan Williams, I assume he's not "one for the future" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭jjjd

awec wrote: »

Not at all! But I don't know how he got a 2 year contract. Cathal Sheridan started ahead of him last Saturday and had a good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

jjjd wrote: »
    Cathal Sheridan started ahead of him last Saturday and had a good game.

Duncan entered the field like a colossus and for the last 15-20 mins showed us all what he can do!!

a significant contribution was made as always.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

awec wrote: »

I actually feel a bit sorry for him. The guy is hopeless but the last night they played below in Cork against the Cardiff Blues I could see the guys confidence fall away as everything went wrong for him and the crowd got on his back.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 tazman77

Spudmonkey wrote: »
    I actually feel a bit sorry for him. The guy is hopeless but the last night they played below in Cork against the Cardiff Blues I could see the guys confidence fall away as everything went wrong for him and the crowd got on his back.
    The crowd gave him a chance early season,but he did not improve and now he is severly under pressure.
    Sheridan put in a ok shift for his debut,but any reasonable performance would have sufficed. When Williams came on,it went to pot again unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,894 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

CatFromHue wrote: »
    I'd like to go to the Munster Leinster game but to put the tickets on sale without a confirmed time or date is stupid.

Agreed, Leinster man here looking to purchase for 8 travellers who come down every year but most of whom would not be able to travel on the Friday, has anyone got any insider knowledge what the fixture time and date will be? At least it isnt Good Friday!!

Bit surprised to see someone mention the game as a probable dead rubber. I can understand Munster frustration with recent league form, but from a Leinster point of view, regardless of who is in or out of contention for whatever competition, this is the big nailed on game in the latter part of the season for Leinster, with any luck both sides will need a hard match for another knock out European game in the following weeks

What do Munster fans think of the decision to move the Connacht derby to Cork? I know ye may have already discussed it. I couldnt believe it when I saw the fixture, does it not normally sell out in Thomond? Very tough on Connacht supporters who look at that as their biggest away game of the year

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Agreed, Leinster man here looking to purchase for 8 travellers who come down every year but most of whom would not be able to travel on the Friday, has anyone got any insider knowledge what the fixture time and date will be? At least it isnt Good Friday!!
    Presumably Munster fans would be more flexible as to when the game is on. Possibly they are trying to put the tickets on open sale but making it so that Munster fans who will be more flexible as to timing during the weekend will be able to buy first.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    What do Munster fans think of the decision to move the Connacht derby to Cork? I know ye may have already discussed it. I couldnt believe it when I saw the fixture, does it not normally sell out in Thomond? Very tough on Connacht supporters who look at that as their biggest away game of the year
    The Cork based lobby groups wanted a big match so they got it. Munster rugby's internal politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭hendo12

I hear Luke McGrath is leaving Leinster

• Registered Users Posts: 34 tazman77

hendo12 wrote: »
    I hear Luke McGrath is leaving Leinster
    That is a strange one,had not heard that...

There was talk of another leinster going south but that had gone quiet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Munster A are playing Leinster A in UL next tuesday at 12.
    http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/11652.php

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

ormond lad wrote: »

Playing at 2pm but on the 12th.

Awkward time but might take a spin out and put my lunch and tea break together!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

Thanks for the heads up. Will tip over for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭eire_lad

Nagle out - Tom Hayes in

valuable opportunity to give fringe players a run, and to welcome a few players back to fitness.

I reckon Leinster might put out a strong enough team with players like Roux and McLaughlin making returns from injury along side a mix fringe players

BBT made his Leinster debut in an A fixture during the six nations break last season.

Something like McGrath Dundon Hagan Roux Flanagan McLaughlin Ryan Murphy Cooney Reid Hudson Coughlan EOM Macken DKearney

• Registered Users Posts: 24,058 ✭✭✭✭phog

eire_lad wrote: »
    Nagle out - Tom Hayes in

Where did you hear this form?

Hasn't Tom Hayes just signed on with Exeter for another 3 years?

• Advertisement

Wacky Galvin told me in the pub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

eire_lad wrote: »
    Wacky Galvin told me in the pub

Well if "Wacky Galvin" said it!

ormond lad wrote: »

Cool, I'll be there!

There could be a few first teamers on both sides, there's no Rabo for two weeks so it's a chance for gametime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Cool, I'll be there!

There could be a few first teamers on both sides, there's no Rabo for two weeks so it's a chance for gametime.
    Il prob head in as well. Havent been to many munster games this season, either the full side or the A side.
    If its anything like the previous A games ive been to it should be a very good game

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Yep that's exactly what it's for. I reckon you'll see the likes of Roux, Goodman, Hudson, EOM etc., etc. from our side involved. All squad players players looking for game time. It'll be a pro12 match without the name.

.ak wrote: »
    Yep that's exactly what it's for. I reckon you'll see the likes of Roux, Goodman, Hudson, EOM etc., etc. from our side involved. All squad players players looking for game time. It'll be a pro12 match without the name.
    McLaughlin might make an appearance too he is due back from injury and the management might want to give him the game or an appearance off the bench to help him regain match fitness.

Anybody hear of any AIL clubs giving out their allocation for the Harlequins game?

Only peopple I know who have tickets at the moment are in the Munster supporters club or have joined a coach tour for the game...

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭ozymandias10

what pitch do they play on in the UL? might bring the kids to the A game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

what pitch do they play on in the UL? might bring the kids to the A game

It's on in the bowl, so directly behind the arena and the sports club. If you just go down between the 2 buildings it will be right in front of you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭ssaye

http://www.limerickleader.ie/sport/paul-o-connell-trains-with-young-munster-1-4873828

MUNSTER’S talismanic second-row, Paul O’Connell went back to the future this week as he turned to Young Munster to assist his comeback from back surgery.
    With the Munster players on a week off as the RaboDirect PRO12 takes a break until March 23, O’Connell opted to train with the Young Munster squad on Tuesday night.
    The 33-year-old is said to be making good progress after undergoing surgery to rectify a bulging disc in his back on New Year’s Eve.
    O’Connell predicted in early January that it would take him between 12 and 16 weeks to return to playing. However, the former Lions skipper appears to be on course to make his comeback to competitive action ahead of that April return date...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement