Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

Is there any truth to this Murray injury stuff? Anyone got a link?

He finished the game didn't he?

Also, Quins young guns play in LV Cup final today against Sale. Watch out for Luke Wallace, quality player.

Team is:

Harlequins: R Chisholm; T Williams, G Lowe, T Casson, S Smith; B Botica, K Dickson; M Lambert, R Buchanan, W Collier, S Twomey, C Matthews, M Fa’asavalu, L Wallace (captain), T Guest. Replacements D Ward, D Marfo, J Johnston, P Browne, J Trayfoot, J Burns, R Clegg, C Walker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Also, Quins young guns play in LV Cup final today against Sale. Watch out for Luke Wallace, quality player.

Team is:

Harlequins: R Chisholm; T Williams, G Lowe, T Casson, S Smith; B Botica, K Dickson; M Lambert, R Buchanan, W Collier, S Twomey, C Matthews, M Fa’asavalu, L Wallace (captain), T Guest. Replacements D Ward, D Marfo, J Johnston, P Browne, J Trayfoot, J Burns, R Clegg, C Walker.

I haven't heard anything, so probably not too serious. Would be a major loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Team is:

Actually got carded for the end, funnily enough. Looked grand to me tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Anatidaephobia

Speaking of cards, I didn't see the Murray or Ryan incidents. Can anyone explain what they did/were they warranted? Two unusual players to get cards.

• Administrators Posts: 53,369 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Speaking of cards, I didn't see the Murray or Ryan incidents. Can anyone explain what they did/were they warranted? Two unusual players to get cards.
    Ryan's was for a dangerous tackle apparently, Murray for slapping the ball away.

I think.

There were no replays of the incidents on TV that I saw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Looking ahead to the Connacht match, usually the international starters are given the week off. In that case Munster will be missing Ryan, POM, Murray while Earls and Zebo are injured.

Munster are more or less out of the Rabo so the reason rests on the Harlequins quarter-final.

I'd like to see:
    Kilcoyne, Sherry, Botha, DOC, POC, Stander, TOD, Coughlan;
    Sheridan, Keatley, LOD*, JJ, Laulala, Howlett, Jones/Hurley

Bench: Varley, du Preez, Archer, Holland, Butler, Williams, ROG, Jones/Hurley

*LOD came off in the A match last week, I don't know if he's fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Rightwing wrote: »
    We can beat Quins, English rugby will be reeling after today.
    Quins just won the LV cup. They're after a treble and have one down already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

rrpc wrote: »

And some people think COS shouldn't be Irish coach because he suggested Ferris in the second row and Sexton at 12 on RTÉ!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Any thoughts on what two players to be added to HCup squad? Paulie & Stander guaranteed? Would love to see Strings there, I'd play better at 9 myself than Williams!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭budhabob

athtrasna wrote: »
    Any thoughts on what two players to be added to HCup squad? Paulie & Stander guaranteed? Would love to see Strings there, I'd play better at 9 myself than Williams!

When do they get added?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

POC's already registered, but I'd say Stander is one definitely.

trouttrout wrote: »
    And some people think COS shouldn't be Irish coach because he suggested Ferris in the second row and Sexton at 12 on RTÉ!
    Well that would be a black mark against him in my book, but I think he was just taking the piss ;)

He's never done anything that silly at Quins. What he has done is got the Quins academy churning out a conveyor belt of young talent* and he's using it well.

*admittedly in place before he arrived.

http://www.ercrugby.com/eng/heinekencup/rules/index.php

No deadline mentioned but 3 players can be added, one to cover front row and two others.

Deano7788 wrote: »
    POC's already registered, but I'd say Stander is one definitely.

Did they not take him out? If not then Stander & Stringer please please please. Williams is a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

(iii) after the completion of the pool stages, clubs involved in the knock-out stages may nominate three additional players. One of these players must be qualified to play in a front row position and the other two players can play in any position. These additional players must be fully and properly registered by a date specified by ERC. Clubs must ensure that these players have not been nominated in a match squad with another club for the Heineken Cup or Amlin Challenge Cup tournaments during the current season.

http://www.ercrugby.com/eng/heinekencup/rules/index.php

The rule for registering players after the pool stages is above. You can register 3 players but one of those three has to be a front row player.

For the 2 players in any position, Stander will be one of them. A player can come into the HEC squad for a player from any position, so if Earls is out for the season (god forbid!) then Stander might replace him.

I'd like to see Sheridan in for Duncan Williams. That would mean our three eligible scrumhalves would be Murray, Stringer (already in squad) and Sheridan.

Normally the squad changes are confirmed on the week of the HEC games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Did they not take him out? If not then Stander & Stringer please please please. Williams is a disaster.

Well he's included here anyway, as is Stringer actually, so I'm assuming they're both still included. I think the only change was Coughlan for Dineen.

I wouldn't trust that list 100%, though, as it does say that Grant Gilchrist is also included on the Munster squad for some reason.

You're right - am totally bemused at the Stringer thing. Could see no other reason to play Williams

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/10879.php

Sheridan looks to be better than both of them

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭hendo12

After Munster announced the signing of Andrew Conway there were strong rumours they were after two other Leinster and I heard it's Luke Fitzgerald and Luke McGrath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

hendo12 wrote: »
    After Munster announced the signing of Andrew Conway there were strong rumours they were after two other Leinster and I heard it's Luke Fitzgerald and Luke McGrath
    You's can keep your grubby hands off our Lukes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭hendo12

Up to Leinster to persuade them to stay if the rumours are true

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

hendo12 wrote: »

Luke Fitz started playing rugby at Cork Con - he was there until he went to Blackrock.

Luke McGrath has a far better chance of progressing staying at Lenster than moving to Munster bearing in mind that Murray is first choice Ireland SH and he is only 23.

jm08 wrote: »
    Luke Fitz started playing rugby at Cork Con - he was there until he went to Blackrock.

Luke McGrath has a far better chance of progressing staying at Lenster than moving to Munster bearing in mind that Murray is first choice Ireland SH and he is only 23.
    When Luke FitzGerald joined Leinster first he did so on the back of a reputed contract offer from Munster that included an apartment if I remember correctly.

Still very unlikely seeing as he's first choice for Leinster when fit. I'd believe a move to France before I'd believe a move to Munster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

rrpc wrote: »

That's a mickey mouse competition in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Yes, but it's the second comp that their young players have won this season.

The Luke Fitzgerald rumour has been around for a few months. I would question whether we actually need him. Munster used to be a forward factory but we have brought some decent backs through in the last couple of years. But I guess with Dougie getting on...a dream wing pairing of Lukey & Zebo could be exciting.

It's not really. It's a very good barometer of the strength and depth of a club

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

The Luke Fitzgerald rumour has been around for a few months. I would question whether we actually need him. Munster used to be a forward factory but we have brought some decent backs through in the last couple of years. But I guess with Dougie getting on...a dream wing pairing of Lukey & Zebo could be exciting.

Or the Leinster exiles back 3 of Luke-Felix-Conway :P:D...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

I'd expect Mcgrath to at least stay at Leinster another season and have a proper crack at getting into matchday squads, doesnt strike me as a player who would be content spending a couple of seasons waiting for his turn though, he'd be 2nd choice straight away if he moved to Munster.

• Advertisement

Sheridan has looked decent since he's made the step up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement