Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread II

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,556 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Im not too up to date on these things... but who is NOC
    Niall O'Connor. Great out half.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Riskymove wrote: »
    Niall O'Connor Connacht outhalf
    awec wrote: »
    Niall O'Connor. Great out half.

Both untrue. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

.ak wrote: »
    Both untrue. :pac:

Clear as mud so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

yeah sorry Ulster not Connacht

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Poor OH, ulster man, went to Connacht last season but left again after not impressing and came back to Ulster to be a backup OH

• Advertisement

He's brilliant. Would do well at Munster.

He played against you in December for Ulster sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

anyone know how that saffa OH is getting on at skibbereen is getting on think he played with the munster squad that played in spain there a month or two ago.sean hansel i think his name is think he s only 20 or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

anyone know how that saffa OH is getting on at skibbereen is getting on think he played with the munster squad that played in spain there a month or two ago.sean hansel i think his name is think he s only 20 or something?
    Steven Hansel? Doing well with skibb. League finished but they still are in junior cup and should go another round or two in that.
    He's 22 at end of season. Didnt play in game against barcelona 3 weeks ago as iirc johnny holland was OH for that game. He could be involved in Munster dev squad game v russian side in april

ormond lad wrote: »
    Steven Hansel? Doing well with skibb. League finished but they still are in junior cup and should go another round or two in that.
    He's 22 at end of season. Didnt play in game against barcelona 3 weeks ago as iirc johnny holland was OH for that game. He could be involved in Munster dev squad game v russian side in april

sorry meant steven hansel.ah was just reading that he was in the squad worth an academy contract for next season???.wasnt he at the southern kings or something in SA??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

sorry meant steven hansel.ah was just reading that he was in the squad worth an academy contract for next season???.wasnt he at the southern kings or something in SA??
    He is prob in line to get an academy contract but with Sweetnam, Holland in the academy Id be surprised if we did sign up another outhalf
    Think he played with an vodacom cup team in SA

• Advertisement

ormond lad wrote: »
    He is prob in line to get an academy contract but with Sweetnam, Holland in the academy Id be surprised if we did sign up another outhalf
    Think he played with an vodacom cup team in SA

suppose your right think he came over with the intention of playing for munster from what i read somewhere.could be worth a look at for connacht maybe????

• Registered Users Posts: 11,712 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Anyone know why CJ Stander didn't even make the squad for the Ospreys match?

Good to see Sheridan start!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Eod100 wrote: »
    Anyone know why CJ Stander didn't even make the squad for the Ospreys match?

Good to see Sheridan start!

Yeah I was thinking that too. It's not like he was majorly involved in last weeks defeat, I think he only got 17 mins at the end.

Anyone willing to predict this evening's result?

Anyone willing to predict this evening's result?

Head says Ospreys by 15 am hoping that I will be shocked

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

L'équipe reporting that BJ Botha will stay at Munster and sign a new two-year deal.

http://www.rugby-transferts.com/top-14/toulon/0019726-toulon-un-pilier-se-retracte.html

Not sure how I feel about this.

Strange imo.

Taking up a valuable NIQ place. He's not your first choice, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

He's first choice alright

Oh :o My bad. Not sure where I got that notion from.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

He's first choice and is supposed to take a few training sessions as well.

I was very very impressed with Sheridan this evening.

• Advertisement

Oh :o My bad. Not sure where I got that notion from.
    Archer has started 3/4 recently but that is just because they are giving him experience

Botha is better than archer and has started every big game.

Personally I would be happier with Botha on a one year deal, or even let go if Munster got to look around for another NIQ THP. There are better or cheaper tight heads around when you consider that botha's current contract supposedly has him on a higher salary then Afoa.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Botha has been conceding a lot of penalties lately. Not sure why a Top 14 team would sign him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Considering Archer's recent improvement which has been going from game to game I'd hope that next season he's given the chance to start in some of the HC games (providing we get there of course!)

Don't really want to be relying on BJ every game and would like to get Archer up to speed at that level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

Considering how Archer is improving I don't think I'm too happy with that signing. Especially considering how Botha's form has dipped this season

The word was that if Botha got a two year deal, Wian du Preez would have to be let go.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

He's brilliant. Would do well at Munster.

we'll take him if your lot sign Duncan Williams

Munster v Leinster now on public sale online. They're the same price range as Heineken Cup matches.

Munster v Leinster now on public sale online. They're the same price range as Heineken Cup matches.

Musn't be selling too well if they're going on public sale at this stage.. Hope people turnout for it though!

Musn't be selling too well if they're going on public sale at this stage.. Hope people turnout for it though!

A Leinster match is a big deal in itself but the fact that it's going to be a dead rubber (for Munster) takes the gloss of it somewhat.

• Advertisement

Not the best judging by this:

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/rugby/results_and_fixtures.php

Think that probably exaggerates the numbers a bit too by including season tickets and regardless of whether they show up or not.. But not 100% sure if that's true or not!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement