Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread II

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Clegg wrote: »
    Anyone heard this Fitzgerald to Munster rumour?

No and its not going to happen. It makes absolutely zero sense for anyone.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Are we talking about Luke Fitzgerald?

Why would be move?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Are we talking about Luke Fitzgerald?

Why would be move?
    He only has a few months left on his contract and last years contract negotiations with the IRFU didn't go well.

He's obviously not going to Munster though. Just a rumour I heard.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

He only has a few months left on his contract and last years contract negotiations with the IRFU didn't go well.

If he moves to Munster he'd still have the same contract problems with the IRFU :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

CatFromHue wrote: »
    If he moves to Munster he'd still have the same contract problems with the IRFU :confused:
    So he'll probably be off to France.

I highly doubt he'll get the 250k he was looking for last year from the IRFU.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭eire4

Lets hope he gets treated properly by the IRFU this time round as we need to keep him on board for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,772 ✭✭✭✭phog

eire4 wrote: »

Lets hope he gets treated properly by the IRFU this time round as we need to keep him on board for sure.

What is treating him properly though? Iirc, he was offered a contract and he choose not to accept it', they then withdrew it. I think he got injured after the contract was withdrawn putting him in a difficult position.

To be fair to him, they should have at least offered him the withdrawn offer as a gesture.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

phog wrote: »
    What is treating him properly though? Iirc, he was offered a contract and he choose not to accept it', they then withdrew it. I think he got injured after the contract was withdrawn putting him in a difficult position.

To be fair to him, they should have at least offered him the withdrawn offer as a gesture.

"What's treating him right"

"To be fair to him, they should have at least offered him the withdrawn offer as a gesture."

You answered your own question.

I don't think he was treated badly though. Got injured at an unlucky time.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,772 ✭✭✭✭phog

Rumour on twitter that QuinnRoux is being targeted by a few French clubs, is he currently on a one year contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Neil3030 wrote: »
    What way does it work at the youth level at Leinster. The conversation here leads me to believe there's a separate team for club players and for school players, would this be right? Would club and school players ever play together at this level? Which team tends to be of the higher standard?
    The Leinster underage teams are Leinster u18 youths, u18 schools, Leinster A schools, Leinster u19s blues and u19s whites and Leinster 20s
    Players from the youths system can play for the youths side or the A schools side.
    The A schools side is not for schools like Blackrock, Terenure, Clongowes etc and is for schools who are section A in leinster(and c schools in munster). Schools who's players make the A schools side include schools like Newpark Comp, Mount Temple, St Columbas
    The youths side is for players who play in club sides. They are seen first by Leinster at u15 level and then at under 16 level they compete for the region(Metro, North East, South East Leinster etc) in the Shane Horgan Cup.
    The Leinster squad is chosen at the end of the Shane Horgan Cup and that side trains together when the players are under 17s and they play interpro championship the september of the season where they are under 18s.
    Schools has traditionally been the strongest but the youths are increasing year on year and closing the gap.
    Schools and Youths players first play on the same interpro side at under 19 level.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭ssaye

Berrick Barnes to Japan next season

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/barnes-off-to-japan-at-seasons-end-20130130-2dlk2.html

So will there be a big splash out on a big name OH and Madigan 2nd fiddle
    Mid Level NH/SH OH with HEC and/or International Experience
    Scouted unknown
    Break a contract and get JJ as 10/12 cover
    Other?

Options?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Cian Healy just tweeted that he's signed a 3 year deal with IRFU. :)
    I too will be playing in France next season.. Haha only joking! Just signed my new 3year contract with @irfurugby@IKONTALENT #CHURCH

Healy has signed on for 3 more years according to his twitter account...
    Cian Healy wrote:
    I too will be playing in France next season.. Haha only joking! Just signed my new 3year contract with @irfurugby @IKONTALENT #CHURCH

Good stuff.

Cian Healy just tweeted that he's signed a 3 year deal with IRFU. :)

image_normal.jpgProperChurch: I too will be playing in France next season.. Haha only joking! Just signed my new 3year contract with @irfurugby @IKONTALENT #CHURCH

Boom

Mike Ross has also agreed a new contract :)

IRFU statement here

IRFU-Logo_normal.jpgirfurugby: Healy @ProperChurch And Ross @MikeRoss03 Agree New Contracts #irishrugby http://t.co/DZyMVmMa

Cmon Kearney....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

ssaye wrote: »

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/barnes-off-to-japan-at-seasons-end-20130130-2dlk2.html

Scouted unknown
    Other?

Options?

I'd say the mid-level SH player is the most likely outcome, solid performer who won't cost the earth.

Someone in the vein of Nathan Spooner or David Holwell would be ideal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

IRFU-Logo_normal.jpgirfurugby: Healy @ProperChurch And Ross @MikeRoss03 Agree New Contracts #irishrugby http://t.co/DZyMVmMa

Cmon Kearney....
    Seems to be a bit of urgency about the contracts suddenly for some reason...

:rolleyes:

Scouted unknown
    Other?

Options?

I'd say the mid-level SH player is the most likely outcome, solid performer who won't cost the earth.

some irony in this I hope!
    IRFU CEO Philip Browne said, "It is a very strong sign for Irish Rugby to have such important players to both the Leinster and Ireland teams committing their futures to remain playing here. The market place for players continues to be a competitive one, but the IRFU and the provinces will continue to work to retain the best players in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

rrpc wrote: »
    Seems to be a bit of urgency about the contracts suddenly for some reason...

:rolleyes:

Apt timing indeed. :p

Would Jonny Wis from Racing be too big an option/too expensive because Sexton is gonna take his place?

Solid points kicker, not gonna get called up to France
    Cant find his wages/contract on google yet?

Berquist?

emmet02 wrote: »

Berquist?

Yeah, why not? I've seen very little of him in France so still don't know what his true ability is.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Fooker

Maybe Healy is staying having been given assurances over getting gametime at Fly-
    Half! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭crisco10

Berquist had a horror in the Sportsground in the HEC for Biarritz.

Horror in the sportsground? - he'd fit right in at Leinster ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Would Jonny Wis from Racing be too big an option/too expensive because Sexton is gonna take his place?

Solid points kicker, not gonna get called up to France
    Cant find his wages/contract on google yet?

Jonny Wiz could be a decent replacement alright. Could it be worth scouring France for the disgarded fly halfs unplaced by the big buck foreign imports :pac:

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/newsroom/10947.php

Schmidt delighted with new prop deals...
    Starting in the front row and moving through the squad, I hear 13 more deals hahahahah

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

some irony in this I hope!

What? They got rid of Sexton to ensure ROG got more game time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Seph503

tolosenc wrote: »
    What? They got rid of Sexton to ensure ROG got more game time!

I know you're joking but the thought.....night terrors man....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement