Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

You have to be a properly registered member of the club to fit the squad, Bent and Goodman hadn't arrived yet.

EOM was supposed to be back for this match.

That's me told!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

That's me told!

I do understand your point though, if hiring from Currie Cup or ITM cup its up to the management to ensure that they player is available early enough to fit into the squad for the HEC.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭ray jay

A strange looking side, but more than enough for Zebre. I just hope they work together well enough to get the bonus point, Leinster really do need to play more clinically to improve their league position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭ssaye

ray jay wrote: »
    A strange looking side, but more than enough for Zebre. I just hope they work together well enough to get the bonus point, Leinster really do need to play more clinically to improve their league position.

Its very hard to be clinical in 2 comps with so many injuries and as JS said they were bottom of the table after week 1 and now in contention. I am happy.

4 Points is fine for me even against bottom of the table Zebre, I would take a shock loss if they were to get back to back wins against Clermont.

Leinster walked the league last year with nothing to show for it due to the playoffs. A bit of a run in the new year and they can afford probably 7 losses and still make 4th spot based on the last few years.

Ospreys and Munster lost 9 2/3 seasons ago and made 4th

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Munster lost 9 in an 18 game league and qualified, which is even more remarkable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Clermont team for game against Toulouse tomorrow:

121130-compo-2.jpg

I know people go on about the Rabo resting players and all that, but this is a game between two of the best teams in France the week before a crucial H Cup game, and Clermont are fielding a half strength team. I would say at most 4-5 of those will start against us next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Gas. No dress rehearsals then. Thing is we badly need to test out players, they don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Tox56 wrote: »

121130-compo-2.jpg

I know people go on about the Rabo resting players and all that, but this is a game between two of the best teams in France the week before a crucial H Cup game, and Clermont are fielding a half strength team. I would say at most 4-5 of those will start against us next week.

Crap, they'll be well fit and up for the game next week so.

• Site Banned Posts: 157 ✭✭yougottagoboy

121130-compo-2.jpg

I count at least 8 certain starters? the front row is 2nd choice but outside of that it looks pretty first choice to mw

I'd say Cudmore, Para, Rougerie, Hines... maybe Elvis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Lee Byrne will start at fullback against Leinster if he's fit.

.ak wrote: »
    I'd say Cudmore, Para, Rougerie, Hines... maybe Elvis.

Hines,back row,half backs,centres and floch will probably start. maybe jacquet and buttin as well

Hines,back row,half backs,centres and floch will probably start. maybe jacquet and buttin as well

You're having a giraffe? ;)

The team that'll start is more like:

Debaty, Kayser, Bardy
    Hines, Cudmore
    Elvis, Ludovic, AN other
    Para, James
    Fofana, Rougerie,
    Nalaga, Byrne, Sivi

Debaty, Kayser, Bardy
    Hines, Cudmore
    Elvis, Ludovic, AN other
    Para, James
    Fofana, Rougerie,
    Nalaga, Byrne, Sivi

I'd have thought Zirakashvili ahead of Bardy? And Bonnaire in the backrow

Debaty, Kayser, Bardy
    Hines, Cudmore
    Elvis, Ludovic, AN other
    Para, James
    Fofana, Rougerie,
    Nalaga, Byrne, Sivi

Jesus you're right completely forgot about the back three and fofana. Does James start ahead of Skrela now?

Jesus you're right completely forgot about the back three and fofana. Does James start ahead of Skrela now?

Yep, James has been playing very good for the past two seasons. Skrela is usually the bench option.

I'd have thought Zirakashvili ahead of Bardy? And Bonnaire in the backrow

You're right about Zirak yeah. I thought Bonnaire was injured?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

Chouly is the first name on the team sheet this season in the back row. Himself, Bonnaire and Lapandry I would have thought are the likely back row. Cudmore and Hines in the row. Zirikashvili, Kayser and Domingo up front. Parra and James at half back. Rougerie and Fofana in the middle. Byrne, Nalaga and Sivi as the back three. Barring injuries, that's the team I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Tbh I don't think Leinster have a hope of winning in Clermont or even getting a BP. We're just not playing well.

The home match is crucial. Leinster will need a bonus point win at Lansdowne as I can't see them actually topping the group. It will probably be a best loser's spot for Leinster. Every single point is vital.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Debaty, Kayser, Bardy
    Hines, Cudmore
    Elvis, Ludovic, AN other
    Para, James
    Fofana, Rougerie,
    Nalaga, Byrne, Sivi

As in Julien Bardy?

At tighthead?

I'd be very happy if he started there against Leinster.

• Advertisement

tolosenc wrote: »
    As in Julien Bardy?

At tighthead?

I'd be very happy if he started there against Leinster.

I meant Zirak, as Tox pointed out. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Ciaran-Irl

I count at least 8 certain starters? the front row is 2nd choice but outside of that it looks pretty first choice to mw

Only Rougerie, Cudmore, Hines and Parra will start next week.

The team against us will be something like:

15 Lee Byrne, 14 Sitiveni Sivivatu, 13 Aurélien Rougerie, 12 Wesley Fofana, 11 Napolioni Nalaga, 10 Brock James, 9 Morgan Parra,

8 Damien Chouly, 7 Julien Bonnaire, 6 Lapandry, 5 Nathan Hines, 4 Jamie Cudmore, 3 Davit Zirakashvili, 2 Benjamin Kayser, 1 Thomas Domingo.

16 Ti'i Paulo, 17. Vincent Debaty, 18 Daniel Kotze, 19 Julien Pierre, 20 Elvis Vermeulen, 21 Radoslavjevic , 22 David Skrela, 23 Benson Stanley.

Bardy, King, Buttin, Floch, Vosloo, Jacquet - these are examples of players that won't even make the bench. Stupid depth at Clermont. It must be really hard on the poor French teams that they have to play their first team every week though. I can completely understand now how the Rabo teams have such an unfair advantage in the HEC. Clermont are only playing Toulouse after all. Who the hell are they anyway?

Buttin should move, he was in the French picture last season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

It still amazes me Clermont haven't found someone better than James. It's the only place we have an obvious advantage in the backs though and we are very much at a disadvantage in some.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Podge_irl wrote: »
    It still amazes me Clermont haven't found someone better than James. It's the only place we have an obvious advantage in the backs though and we are very much at a disadvantage in some.

They did sign Skrela and he is on the bench. Though in general I wouldn't be his biggest fan. He came on for Colomiers in the 1998/99 HEC final against Ulster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭Hype710

CatFromHue wrote: »

They did sign Skrela and he is on the bench. Though in general I wouldn't be his biggest fan. He came on for Colomiers in the 1998/99 HEC final against Ulster.

You sure? Thought he played on the wing for Ulster..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Hype710 wrote: »
    You sure? Thought he played on the wing for Ulster..

Nah, that was your ma :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Podge_irl wrote: »

In fairness, we have an obvious advantage over almost every other team on the planet at OH.
    I meant Zirak, as Tox pointed out. :o

Tox didn't really point out that Bardy is (primarily) a flanker!

tolosenc wrote: »
    In fairness, we have an obvious advantage over almost every other team on the planet at OH.

Tox didn't really point out that Bardy is (primarily) a flanker!

To be fair the Clermont bench has a flanker as #18 and a tighthead prop as #23 for some reason

• Advertisement

As of this weekend, Malzieu has a calf problem and Vosloo has a fractured pelvis (ouch!) so I'm guessing they won't be available.

btw Skrela is getting released at the end of the season

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement