Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭TopOfTheRight

If anyone knows if/when they're training in UCD this week could they post it up please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭ssaye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

ssaye wrote: »

Ah yes, the anti-gravity treadmill. I believe that's down in Ironside Gym in Blackrock. Amazing piece of kit. Only got to use it for about 10 mins but it's a lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Hagz wrote: »
    Ah yes, the anti-gravity treadmill. I believe that's down in Ironside Gym in Blackrock. Amazing piece of kit. Only got to use it for about 10 mins but it's a lot of fun.

What's it like? Do you kind of float? What are the advantages?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Teferi wrote: »
    What's it like? Do you kind of float? What are the advantages?

I'm no scientist so you'd be better off checking out this site - http://www.alterg.com/

But as an experience it's very cool. It feels like your legs are weightless almost (your zipped in and air is forced into the plastic space which kind of lifts you), like you're in space. I just hopped on it for the experience but a mate of mine has been using it for rehab use. It basically allows you to run like you would on a treadmill, but without putting stress on the injury, because the weight is taken off it (Again, I'm no scientist). The friend of mine seems to have fallen in love with it anyway. Judging by the tweets of the Leinster rehab coach, he has too. I'm pretty sure most Premiership football clubs have one now, and it looks like BOD wants Leinster to get one too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Anyone else hear anything about Cronin leaving. It's mentioned on the interview with Gibbs on the Leinster site....

• Site Banned Posts: 15 Meyo

Thats the rumor, also read he might be going to England. No decision has been made though.

molloyjh wrote: »
    Anyone else hear anything about Cronin leaving. It's mentioned on the interview with Gibbs on the Leinster site....

gas, bails pseudo hints on LF just posted. I think he knows stuff but loves writing garbage with it too

link here

http://forum.leinsterfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22007&start=260

"He says 2 British and Irish Lions have decided to leave us in the summer, two Irish internationals are slso moving on within Ireland. They will be replaced by a current Irish International' a Home Nations player and two southern hemisphere players of the highest quality. He doesn't expect that to be the end of it as Joe Smitdh has promised he would leave the squad in good shape when he goes in 2014."

HA

• Site Banned Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Higher

gas, bails pseudo hints on LF just posted. I think he knows stuff but loves writing garbage with it too

link here

"He says 2 British and Irish Lions have decided to leave us in the summer, two Irish internationals are slso moving on within Ireland. They will be replaced by a current Irish International' a Home Nations player and two southern hemisphere players of the highest quality. He doesn't expect that to be the end of it as Joe Smitdh has promised he would leave the squad in good shape when he goes in 2014."

HA

I'm not surprised Cronin is leaving, the guy is in great form and would start for most European sides

link here

HA

Also if I was to speculate.... The two British and Irish Lions to leave us will be Luke Fitzgerald and Jamie Heaslip. The two Irish internationals moving are Cronin and Ross. Current Irish international coming in will be McCarthy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Heaslip in contracted til June 2014. He's also clearly being groomed to take over the captaincy at Leinster and possibly Ireland. Not a chance he'll leave.

Don't see why Ross would leave either, though his contract is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I could see Ross moving to replace Botha but it'd be surprising

Higher wrote: »
    Also if I was to speculate.... The two British and Irish Lions to leave us will be Luke Fitzgerald and Jamie Heaslip. The two Irish internationals moving are Cronin and Ross. Current Irish international coming in will be McCarthy.

Luke, BOD
    Cronin, Ross
    McCarthy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Ferris used one of those treadmills during his recovery from a knee injury, it basically puts less weight on the joints so they can recover gradually but it means that athletes can still do aerobic work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Couldn't see any logic in Ross leaving, unless he's been told that Bent is going to be first choice. Ditto Heaslip, would he really leave if he's in line to be Ireland captain?
    Cronin, yeah, I could understand that and Luke's loyalty to IRFU must be waning somewhat...

Couldn't see any logic in Ross leaving, unless he's been told that Bent is going to be first choice. Ditto Heaslip, would he really leave if he's in line to be Ireland captain?
    Cronin, yeah, I could understand that and Luke's loyalty to IRFU must be waning somewhat...

Ross going for Botha
    Luke going

Heaslip wont be going until maybe 14/15 season (he always said he would like to try a new culture but could be contract negotiation tactics) but unlikely business here and tax

Cronin going

The 2 SH players could be BS.
    Reckon BOD is in his final year this year, if he gets LIONS pick if not 1 more year.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭dtpc191991

Higher wrote: »

Sure he's not referring to BOD's retirement.

Ross going for Botha

I just don't see why he would. He's contracted for another year and for the time being Leinster are the better team. He also didn't have a great time in his first aborted stint at Munster.

Short of a desire to return home I just don't see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Podge_irl wrote: »
    I just don't see why he would. He's contracted for another year and for the time being Leinster are the better team. He also didn't have a great time in his first aborted stint at Munster.

The IRFU might look at the fact that Munster have no one beyond Botha and so they might have asked Ross to switch across, and it's not the first time he's been rumoured to be considering it. Don't think the length of his contract really matters in this case as he'd still be in the structure.

I still won't believe it until I see it in print

Podge_irl wrote: »

His contract is over end of season/Botha, Just putting 2 and 2 together

• Advertisement

The IRFU might look at the fact that Munster have no one beyond Botha and so they might have asked Ross to switch across

It would be the first case of a first choice player moving for that reason though. I just don't see it happening unless Ross has some desperate desire to move back home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Glass Prison 1214

It says nothing about whether they are current Irish internationals or not so if this is true(which it probably isn't) then one of the Irish internationals is definitely Leo Cullen, he'll surely be retiring at the end of the season.

dtpc191991 wrote: »
    Sure he's not referring to BOD's retirement.

You're right actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Leo surely retiring soon is he ? Perhaps its him and not Ross.

Scioch wrote: »
    Leo surely retiring soon is he ? Perhaps its him and not Ross.

Makes more sense
    Mccarthy for LEO
    A SH for BOD OR A
    SH for Luke
    Keep ROSS
    Dont know who would replace Cronin as top quality backup for RS

Ah rumours

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Cullen retiring next season would be pretty good timing. Heaslip to become captain after gaining plenty of captaincy experience with Leinster and some time with Ireland too, and Toner come in as a regular second row starter at an age locks tend to come into their prime (27).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

I couldn't understand Heaslip leaving tbh.

Toner/McCarthy would be a pretty decent partnership, though I'd rather McCarthy stayed at Connacht where they really need him and we got a younger NIQ player into the position.

Fireball07 wrote: »
    I couldn't understand Heaslip leaving tbh.

Wont happen imo at all
    Contracted til June 14 and probably retire with Leinster, hopefully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Ross going for Botha
    Luke going

Heaslip wont be going until maybe 14/15 season (he always said he would like to try a new culture but could be contract negotiation tactics) but unlikely business here and tax

Cronin going

The 2 SH players could be BS.
    Reckon BOD is in his final year this year, if he gets LIONS pick if not 1 more year.

If BOD retires I really hope Luke stays. He is quality could make it as a centre I think.

Cronin would be crazy to leave, surely he will have even more game time next year as Strauss falls into the Player Management programme.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement