Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Godzilla (2014)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

IGN did a Q&A with Director Gareth Edwards, and at the very end they said this:

"We also learned a plot point that makes the film 400% more awesome, but Gareth swore us all to secrecy so we’re not going to spoil it here. But trust us, when this information comes out, you’re going to be impressed."

The rumoured second monster perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Corholio wrote: »

"We also learned a plot point that makes the film 400% more awesome, but Gareth swore us all to secrecy so we’re not going to spoil it here. But trust us, when this information comes out, you’re going to be impressed."

Bryan Cranston plays Hal?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Or Heisenberg and he uses Godzilla to sell blue meth to all the other monsters :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Godzilla is really Skylar!!???
    Looks about right and has a killer whine!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Corholio wrote: »

Godzuki?

As long as Mecha-Streisand makes an appearance, then all will be well

Ipso wrote: »
    Godzuki?
    Someone read the Empire Magazine article ;) :P

Shur didn't the last flick have bucket loads of Godzuki in the stadium

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Nah, I remember Godzuki from the old Saturday morning Godzilla cartoon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Brock was the real star of that show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

I wish. I'm just that bloody old.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

This is the second monster. It's an actual shot taken from the film :pac:

It really is the second monster though.

godzilla-muto.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭jimboblep

Anyone seen the new trailer
    Does it Look like some kind of flying monster in one scene

jimboblep wrote: »
    Anyone seen the new trailer
    Does it Look like some kind of flying monster in one scene

It's the same bit that was shown in the second trailer, though only for a split second then - now we get a longer look at it.

Here's the trailer for those who haven't seen it. There's a few new seconds of footage, but nothing spoilery imo (other than
    visual confirmation of the flying kaiju
    ).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,136 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Absolutely freaking the lid for this one. Like many, fascination with Godzilla as a kid.

Hopefully as mentioned this isn't a case of human fighting Godzilla, simply don't think that can work. Must be hopelessness and then just pure carnage in monster v monster.

Co incidently had no idea of this movie, and watched Pacific Rim saying to the misses "They need a new godzilla".

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

A new extended trailer

HYPE!

Great trailer, but it does contain a rather blatant spoiler (unless it's a red herring, but still).

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,159 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Great trailer, but it does contain a rather blatant spoiler (unless it's a red herring, but still).

You mean
    Juliet Binoche getting offed?
    They've been making it look that way since the teaser.

Nowhere near as blatant in the earlier trailers though, imo.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,159 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Nowhere near as blatant in the earlier trailers though, imo.

Hopefully it's misdirection but it doesn't look likely. It seems to be the main motivation behind Cranston's character for the film.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Seems fairly clear by now that
    Godzilla's not the only beastie in this; it was reported here and there, but these trailers are confirming their presence with fleeting glances.
    I'm still refusing to get overly excited about this; tempered expectations are the order of the day here I think...

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You mean
    Juliet Binoche getting offed?
    They've been making it look that way since the teaser.

I thought it was quite obvious that it happens, and it will happen within the first 10mins of the movie?

I thought it was quite obvious that it happens, and it will happen within the first 10mins of the movie?

Yeah, that's kind of what we are saying. :)

That's the thing though - I didn't think it was obvious until this new trailer... 'twas only suggested before really. Still doesn't diminsh my excitement for this though!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Leaked preview from Wondercon
    (Spoilers!) You've been warned ;)

tumblr_me0s4pOgwC1rrc78e.gif

Or watching

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Happily that video has been pulled by Warner Bros.; I definitely think I'm done with the promos and trailers, having acquired a nice middle-ground between just enough and too much information.

Or, to put it another way, I'm not watching any more promos in case they go all 'Amazing Spiderman' and reveal everything :)

Advertisement