Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Godzilla (2014)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I think I'm also at just the right level of excited for the movie, but it still has plenty of mystery.

Only a month of spoiler dodging to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Galvasean wrote: »
    I think I'm also at just the right level of excited for the movie, but it still has plenty of mystery.

Only a month of spoiler dodging to go!

Have to say, the trailer for this in the cinema is some sight to behold with Heisenberg's speech and just glimpses of the monster itself. Here's hoping it lives up to the hype and cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I to am sick of the amount given away in trailers now, just look at the Transcendence movie trailer for clarification, they pretty much spell out the whole plot and give the movie in a nutshell,i tend to dodge movie trailers myself now, but its hard to do this when you go to the cinema, another bloody +1 to pirating, they need to start posting actual movie start times so we can skip this bullshit :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭geraardo

Cant wait for this, Godzilla legend!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

Latest Trailer, bordering on showing too much....looks awesome though!

EDIT: Actually this is very spoilerish....stay away, STAY AWAY!!!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Trailer good.

"Let them fight."

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

While there's no way I'm watching that new trailer - I'm sticking to my earlier pronouncement damnit - I must take this opportunity that even if the film itself stinks, I've really taken to that new Godzilla design. There's just enough of the 'man in costume' appearance from yesteryear yet still looks like a giant lizard of some sort. The CGI also seems to have an appropriate amount of heft & weight to it.

Welp. That's the last trailer I'll be watching for Godzilla!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

I see the Light House Cinema is showing the original 1954 version this saturday night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

DVD-Lots wrote: »

EDIT: Actually this is very spoilerish....stay away, STAY AWAY!!!! :)

Why didn't you tell us to stay away?
    This movie can't be bad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Looks sweet!

1st TV Spot, again, DO NOT WATCH IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE THE BIG GUY!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTu0Zzf0x-8

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭Zardoz

That trailer basically gives away the whole plot :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

I cannot fecking wait.

:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

1st TV Spot, again, DO NOT WATCH IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE THE BIG GUY!!!!

Considering they've used a picture of him as the thumbnail for that video we haven't got much choice seeing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Considering they've used a picture of him as the thumbnail for that video we haven't got much choice seeing him.

I read that in a very annoyed Mom voice :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Corholio wrote: »
    I read that in a very annoyed Mom voice :pac:

I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

<snip> ... sorry some spoilers there ...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,418 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Would the original 1956 version be worth seeing does anyone think? There's a one-off screening of it in a local cinema this afternoon.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Oiii!!
    Some of us are not watching the trailers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Well that's nicely spoiled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭BearBanjer

Wouldn't have seen it had someone not quoted the damn spoilers. F*ck's sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Age old debate, but I'm not sure why people keep coming in to a thread to read about an upcoming movie and blindly hope there will be no spoilers.
    Fair enough pre-trailer you can get all the cast gossip etc, but once the first trailers are realised, you know the TV spots etc that follow are likely to contain "spoilers", especially for big blockbusters where they try to sell the best parts of the movie anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I’ve removed some of the earlier spoilers, including the embedded video which contained a spoilerish thumbnail. However, I’m in agreement with FortuneChip that stuff being released in official materials such as trailers, etc, are fair game for discussion without the need for spoiler tags. Therefore anyone wishing to know nothing about the film in advance should stop reading this thread now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭BearBanjer

I’ve removed some of the earlier spoilers, including the embedded video which contained a spoilerish thumbnail. However, I’m in agreement with FortuneChip that stuff being released in official materials such as trailers, etc, are fair game for discussion without the need for spoiler tags. Therefore anyone wishing to know nothing about the film in advance should stop reading this thread now.

I agree to a certain extent, but I purposely don't watch the trailers and any spoilers should be in spoiler tags surely?

There's a lot of discussion to be had on an upcoming movie without giving away major plot points. If not then these threads would constantly be empty. Anyway...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It depends. With some films if every potential spoiler was put in spoiler tags most threads would be a mass of blacked out text, which isn’t easy on the eye nor conducive to discussion. The way I see it if somebody cares enough about remaining 100 percent spoiler free that they choose to avoid all trailers and tv spots (not an easy task) then they should be avoiding message board discussion about that film as well. Plus from a moderator perspective, it’s lot easier for me to tell the spoiler-free folks to steer clear of the thread for a couple of weeks then it is to try and calm a bunch of pissed of people shouting abuse at each over someone accidentally posting something they consider a spoiler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

"Unfollow"

See you next week :pac:

I won't post the other 4 TV spots so!!!! Man they are really spoiling it but I don't mind, it's going to be impossible once it kicks in on TV next week.....enjoy the ride I say. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Again, sorry about that lads, I usually use spoiler tags ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭3DataModem

I agree to a certain extent, but I purposely don't watch the trailers and any spoilers should be in spoiler tags surely?

There's a lot of discussion to be had on an upcoming movie without giving away major plot points. If not then these threads would constantly be empty. Anyway...

What's the point of discussion about stuff that is moot? One of the biggest questions of this movie is what monsters appear; partially answered. Do they fight? Answered. Knowing this, discussing the movie without referring to this is impossible.

Advertisement