Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 Recruitment!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Itwasme

Being busy, had no intention of joining the forum until I was told what was being posted about gardai joining the police. Really needed to show that gardai have moved north. Garda Pension frozen, but salary matched or rounded up if necessary and no probation rubbish. ( there was a transfer compo payment, don't know if it's still available)

Serving members can pm for details

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Itwasme wrote: »
    Serving members can pm for details
    I would prefer that you share as much information as possible with the forum because a lot of AGS members just come here to read, and some don't even bother registering. Just stating a preference and giving a reason. This is not a Mod request.

I'd also like to apologise for my choice of wording in my earlier posts and look forward to getting back on-topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭kitchensink

I have heard that the PSNI have a currently active recruitment drive for experience transferee constables/ det. constables.

i can't find anything on their website but if any current officers on the mainland or in the Gardai may want to make enquiries.

If i hear anymore I'll post it on here.

http://www.jobsoracle.com/search_results.cfm?jobnumber=8493

Its from a national police publication that you need to be registered with to view the add.

• Advertisement

Apologies for my previously posted error, the competation will be going live on 10th Janruary 2013.

Job Details
    Job Title: Constables/Detective Constables
    Salary: £ Competitive
    Start Date: T.B.A.

The Police Service of Northern Ireland will launch a TRANSFEREE PROCESS for experienced Constables and Detective Constables on 10 January 2013.

To register your interest, or find out more please use the REQUEST AN APPLICATION FORM link below.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

Bit of an update.
    As we know know there will be open recruitment in 2013.

There will be 1200 places and a whole new recruitment process. Not sure what form it will take yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭gigity gigity

sounds great! lets hope so!!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Gee-22 wrote: »
    Bit of an update.
    As we know know there will be open recruitment in 2013.

There will be 1200 places and a whole new recruitment process. Not sure what form it will take yet.

So many conflicting stories its crazy :(

How do "we know" for sure ? I'm sorry..

My life is upside down at the minute as too what path my life will take, fully upship and emigrate or stay for something that im not sure is going to happen, not a chance in hell am I waiting until 2015 anymore, this is not fair on us. I wish they would tell us what is going to happen or not.

So many conflicting stories its crazy :(

How do "we know" for sure ? I'm sorry..

My life is upside down at the minute as too what path my life will take, fully upship and emigrate or stay for something that im not sure is going to happen, not a chance in hell am I waiting until 2015 anymore, this is not fair on us. I wish they would tell us what is going to happen or not.

It WILL happen in 2013. I assure you.

• Advertisement

I WILL happen in 2013. I assure you.

I know you don't care what i do with myself, but thats not enough to keep me from emigrating, i have heard from two officers of no chances of it until 2015 due to issues with training facilities, i was always optimistic but i genuinely have no idea what to do with myself for the first time.

I know you don't care what i do with myself, but thats not enough to keep me from emigrating, i have heard from two officers of no chances of it until 2015 due to issues with training facilities, i was always optimistic but i genuinely have no idea what to do with myself for the first time.

All I can tell you is that I trust my sources and it will happen in 2013.

I started this thread 6 months ago saying I was told it will happen. I guess the proof will be in the eating.

Have to agree with desert about the training facilities. I know there are big problems with certain parts of it. There hasn't being a sod turned yet in Cookestown because of this. The training will move there that's confirmed, but no date has being set. Several mentioned but none set. Garnerville will be dealing with the transferees during spring 2013. There are certain events in 2013 that will cause ALL training to stop for a few months as the trainers will be required elsewhere.

For those of you waiting it'll be tough to read another rumour but there can't be training without instructors

Itwasme wrote: »
    Have to agree with desert about the training facilities. I know there are big problems with certain parts of it. There hasn't being a sod turned yet in Cookestown because of this. The training will move there that's confirmed, but no date has being set. Several mentioned but none set. Garnerville will be dealing with the transferees during spring 2013. There are certain events in 2013 that will cause ALL training to stop for a few months as the trainers will be required elsewhere.

For those of you waiting it'll be tough to read another rumour but there can't be training without instructors

Are you talking about the Wfpg 2013 when you say certain events? If so it will be over after the 10th August.

The first of the new recruits wouldn't be ready to start training before September.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 titanmcdermott

All I can tell you is that I trust my sources and it will happen in 2013.

I started this thread 6 months ago saying I was told it will happen. I guess the proof will be in the eating.

Is the information you have that more than 1000 new officers will be recruited in 2013? Just that I saw this: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/psni-recruitment-freeze-to-end-16238229.html and didn't want to get my hopes up. I as I'm sure have a lot of people spent the last couple of years trying to set myself up as a good candidate for joining the PSNI. Doing quals, first aid, advanced driving, experience in other police force etc. just been waiting to hear about an open campaign in N.I.

I would say the chances of the PSNI recruiting 1000 this year are zero! In fact id go as far to say that no one (except transferees) will be joining this year! maybe towards the end but more likely 2014 before people get into garnerville.

I would say the chances of the PSNI recruiting 1000 this year are zero! In fact id go as far to say that no one (except transferees) will be joining this year! maybe towards the end but more likely 2014 before people get into garnerville.

I was told there will be 1200 new recruits - now I would say that includes those transfering across.

As I have said all along there will be a new campaign this year - but by the time the process has been completed it may be late 2013/ early 2014 before those new recruits step into Hotel G.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Buzz35

I was talking to a serving officer today, they reakon the recruitment campaign for 2013 is a done deal. No idea on numbers or how the process would compare to previous campaigns.

Gee I would love it if you are right!(that sounds like im old gill from the simpsons) Im just being rational and its more likely that they recruit over a number of years 1200 officer to replace the retirements etc. e.g. 3 x 400.

Gee I would love it if you are right!(that sounds like im old gill from the simpsons) Im just being rational and its more likely that they recruit over a number of years 1200 officer to replace the retirements etc. e.g. 3 x 400.

Either way is fine just so long as they start doing something again. Their website still says:

*LATEST NEWS*
    There will be no police recruitment process during 2011

• Advertisement

Btw Gee-22 I did join the T.A RMP and it's been great just looked back at my other posts about a year and a half ago. How Time flies eh?

Btw Gee-22 I did join the T.A RMP and it's been great just looked back at my other posts about a year and a half ago. How Time flies eh?
    Fair play. I never got any further than the initial interview. I had heard there was psni recruitment in the pipeline and I'm a married guy with a full time job. Just didn't suit me in terms of the time need for training.

Maybe so, time will tell. Either way as you say the important thing is the process will start again this year.

That is if new recruits start their training in Garnerville...

I had heard talk (and only talk) that future recruits might do some of the early stuff in Uni/degree based. Like I mentioned before this might have to be self financed.

I dont mind doing a bit of it myself, it might deter people who dont really want the job! That cant be a bad thing! :)

I dont mind doing a bit of it myself, it might deter people who dont really want the job! That cant be a bad thing! :)

Thats what I think.

I would happily pay for it, if it resulted in landing my dream career.

Me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Merseyside

I'm a UK based cop, hopefully transferring home this year.

I honestly can't see a huge recruitment drive this year at the levels some of you are anticipating.

I'd be astounded if they take on close to 50-75

Don't pin your hopes on the G8 or P&F games as a catalyst for recruitment, if anything this will be a hindrance. Even if they announced a campaign tomorrow, it would take months to get people to day 1 of training and you'd still be no use operationally.

Sorry folks, but I think it will be 2014.

If you genuinely want to be a cop, look in the meantime to theUK. Get some valuable experience and transfer back.

As my old tutor used to tell me in the early days 'you don't know enough to be disappointed'

Merseyside wrote: »
    I'm a UK based cop, hopefully transferring home this year.

I honestly can't see a huge recruitment drive this year at the levels some of you are anticipating.

I'd be astounded if they take on close to 50-75

Don't pin your hopes on the G8 or P&F games as a catalyst for recruitment, if anything this will be a hindrance. Even if they announced a campaign tomorrow, it would take months to get people to day 1 of training and you'd still be no use operationally.

Sorry folks, but I think it will be 2014.

If you genuinely want to be a cop, look in the meantime to theUK. Get some valuable experience and transfer back.

As my old tutor used to tell me in the early days 'you don't know enough to be disappointed'

Recruiting 50-75?! I think you have been away too long lol. That wouldn't even touch the tip of what's needed right now, never mind factoring in the numbers that will be leaving in the next two years. Why would they spend a fortune on a recruitment campaign to only take a small fraction of the applicants?

In know a lot of cops. One for example did eleven nights recently during the height of the public disorder in Belfast. Another one has been doing crazy hours because their district only has half the minimum numbers required. And that's only two samples.

You are right in relation to the G8 and PF games - these events imo will have no positive or negative impact on recruitment here. Whatever they have planned for recruitment will go ahead regardless.

Yes recruitment and a large intake will be costly, but the NI assembly and British & Irish governments know that security in NI will cost a great deal for years to come. All concerned will accept this, because the consequences of not providing enough resources to the security services would be even more costly.

Unfortunately joining another UK force is not always a simple solution. Many people, like myself, have commitments here in NI (family, married, mortgages) that would rule that option out.

I don't want you to feel I am having a go at you, but there were a few things there I felt I had to comment on. I still stand by my belief that recruitment will open in 2013.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Merseyside

Recruiting 50-75?! I think you have been away too long lol. That wouldn't even touch the tip of what's needed right now, never mind factoring in the numbers that will be leaving in the next two years. Why would they spend a fortune on a recruitment campaign to only take a small fraction of the applicants?

In know a lot of cops. One for example did eleven nights recently during the height of the public disorder in Belfast. Another one has been doing crazy hours because their district only has half the minimum numbers required. And that's only two samples.

You are right in relation to the G8 and PF games - these events imo will have no positive or negative impact on recruitment here. Whatever they have planned for recruitment will go ahead regardless.

Yes recruitment and a large intake will be costly, but the NI assembly and British & Irish governments know that security in NI will cost a great deal for years to come. All concerned will accept this, because the consequences of not providing enough resources to the security services would be even more costly.

Unfortunately joining another UK force is not always a simple solution. Many people, like myself, have commitments here in NI (family, married, mortgages) that would rule that option out.

I don't want you to feel I am having a go at you, but there were a few things there I felt I had to comment on. I still stand by my belief that recruitment will open in 2013.

I don't feel you're having a go at all. Thanks for the reply.

You speak of political acknowledgement of low numbers but I don't think this will translate to large recruitment drives.

It's always cheaper to pay overtime than recruit. I fear this will continue to the 'solution' to the current problems.

Like I said above, I'd be astounded to see large intakes of new recruits. I suppose it will all depend on how the upcoming transfer process goes.

Advertisement