Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

wtf is this movie?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

New concept art with actors likenesses

xqtr.jpg

tumblr_mqapwwJo1U1spx215o1_1280.jpg

Footage description
    We see a desolate alien world, where Peter Quill, aka Starlord, is going inside an ancient temple. He uses a light globe to illuminate the interior, and then goes to steal an old alien orb.

Some alien cops come in with big guns to stop him. "Drop it now," orders their leader, Borath (Djimon Hounsou). And he asks Quill who he is. "Starlord," he replies. "Who?" Borath asks. "Starlord, man. Legendary outlaw." Starlord is wounded. "Forget it."

Then we see someone activate a wrist transceiver, and we're in an alien prison, where five creatures have been arrested on Zandar. We see holographic "rapsheets" for all five of them — Drax the Destoryer, Gamora (Zoe Saldana), a personal death machine, Rocket Raccoon, who has over 50 charges of vehicular theft and escape from lockup, Groot, a houseplant/muscle, and then Starlord himself.

Rhomann Dey (John C. Reilly) narrates the whole thing with intense snark, especially when he gets to the part about how Peter Quill calls himself Starlord. Listening to this, Quill cranks up his middle finger as if he's working a creaky machine. Later, Quill is in prison and Drax is listening to his personal stereo, which is playing a bouncy "gamba gamba" tune. Quill is offended — and then he gets tased.

And then we saw a montage of tons of action footage, including a two-headed alien shooting a gun, a prison riot, tons of Gamora putting the smackdown on people, Rocket Raccoon shooting a big gun with a vicious look on his face.

The footage ends with John C. Reilly saying, "They call themselves the Guardians of the Galaxy. What a bunch of A-holes." And we see the five of them lined up, like the Usual Suspects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

That actually sounds pretty hilarious, encouraging start!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

I think there was a further description that had a quick fight scene playing out to the song "Hooked on a feeling"

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,159 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Glenn Close has been revealed to be playing Nova Prime.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

• Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Vin Diesel rumoured for the role of Groot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

tumblr_mrfjrvcCoW1qdfs7xo3_250.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Rocket Raccoon is going to be the massive star of this movie

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

While I still think this may not play well with the public & could be Marvels first flop, I must be honest and admit I'm becoming more and more curious. I had never heard of this comic before, at all, but a genuinely fun - and alien - space opera with a snarky sense of humour is rare enough these days, and I'm liking the noises coming from this. The raccoon is still bloody daft, but the rest seems solid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Sounds like its going to be a blast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Rocket Raccoon is going to be the massive star of this movie

Bradley Cooper is in talks to voice Rocket Raccoon

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Bradley Cooper is in talks to voice Rocket Raccoon

Isn't he already announced to be voicing it no?

First picture of Rooker as Yondu

guardians_set04.jpg

Also Feige seems to suggest Ronan The Accuser (Pace) will be the main villain in the film with Thanos 'lurking from above it all'.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Vin Diesel rumoured for the role of Groot

Confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Bautista is stouter than I expected; looks great though. Really demonstrates the mismatched group of rogues theme, and the criminal lineup is an excellent way to establish it as the antithesis to the Avengers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

How in the name of christ is there no trailer for this yet?

How in the name of christ is there no trailer for this yet?

There's bound to be one soon, I'd imagine they'll want to get one out before Winter Soldier hits screens

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

FunLover18 wrote: »
    There's bound to be one soon, I'd imagine they'll want to get one out before Winter Soldier hits screens

and Bautista is going back to WWE - so he will want it promoted non stop (like the Rock when GI Joe 2 came out - it's all you could feckin see)

• Advertisement

Rocket Raccoon will steal the show here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭weemcd

why is Rihanna in this?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

weemcd wrote: »
    why is Rihanna in this?

Looks more like Zoe Saldana to me.

I was expecting at least a teaser for the Superbowl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I was expecting at least a teaser for the Superbowl

James Gunn stated well ahead of time that there wouldn't be one.

James Gunn stated well ahead of time that there wouldn't be one.

Oh, did he? Missed that. Still surprising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Oh, did he? Missed that. Still surprising.

I think it's good though. Like, it's still 6 months away, I'd hate for it to be over saturated before it's even released.

Porbably not ready.
    Would prefer this to be done properly rather than quickly.

I think it's good though. Like, it's still 6 months away, I'd hate for it to be over saturated before it's even released.
    Porbably not ready.
    Would prefer this to be done properly rather than quickly.

Properly definitely but studios usually prefer quickly. There's definitely going to be something with Winter Soldier

• Advertisement

Properly definitely but studios usually prefer quickly. There's definitely going to be something with Winter Soldier

Would be far more fitting in fairness.

Advertisement