Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,143 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Wow, i'm not overly familiar with the characters but thats pretty great news if true, its also a pretty bold move by Marvel and it sure as hell won't be an easy sell either. I really really hope it comes off for them, would be amazing to see this side of the marvel universe on the big screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Seeing Gamora would be worth the price of admission alone :D

00a820b9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Chevolution

I sure hope this is true, the mere sight of thanos at the end of the avengers got me really excited :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I dunno... I'm not sure it's something that will really sell compared to more Earthbound story-lines. I could see it hurting the franchise...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,657 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

name is too close to Emmanuel: Queen of the Galaxy.

bom chicka bow wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Overheal wrote: »
    name is too close to Emmanuel: Queen of the Galaxy.
    bom chicka bow wow.

Avengers 2:Their First Assignment aint much better

police-academy-4.jpg

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,143 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I was thinking, if this really is happening (and I'm still sceptical) it really makes the possibilities endless for what they can do provided its successful. They could do a Planet Hulk movie after Avengers 2 then have Avengers 3 be World War Hulk. Now how kick ass would that be?

I would say 'why, when they already made animated movies' but they kinda did that with Iron Man Extremis (well, motion comic) and thats the core for Iron Man 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kenyard

apparently the guy playing the hulk is signed up for 7 movies total...
    rumors are thor 2, hulk 2, avengers 2 at the moment..
    and they were around since aavengers movie was out. just a rediculous amount at once..
    can be sure another iron man is in the makings or plans also... downing = legend

• Advertisement

kenyard wrote: »
    Heck Yea!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

kenyard wrote: »
    rumors are thor 2, hulk 2, avengers 2 at the moment..
    and they were around since aavengers movie was out. just a rediculous amount at once..
    can be sure another iron man is in the makings or plans also... downing = legend

No league goals or assists, and only looked good against Championship fullbacks, wouldn't be calling him a legend...

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kenyard

indeed. heres hoping he improves those stats for Iron man 3 :P
    can give me an assist if its on black widow :)
    as for pool... amusing as theyre strenghtening strikers only so far.. joe cole is gonna come back and blow the premiership outta the water :P

Overheal wrote: »
    I would say 'why, when they already made animated movies' but they kinda did that with Iron Man Extremis (well, motion comic) and thats the core for Iron Man 3.

Aye its a good animated movie too. Not watched extremis, can't stand motion comics! A Planet Hulk film on the scale of John Carter would be pretty sweet though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Had a read up on them. Sounds like one hell of an ambitious project!

Production art for this, looks fantastic but this is going to be incredibly hard to pull of I have to say, an Ent and a Racoon, WTF?!?! :D

lRcdv.png

Full size here: http://s3.amazonaws.com/coolproduction/ckeditor_assets/pictures/8138/original/Guardians-of-the-galaxy-sdcc-concept-art.jpg?1342320572

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

The marketing team have a hell of a job on their hands, actually everyone working on it are gonna need to work hard so it doesn't turn out as ridiculous as it potentially could be

I am delighted they went the more modern incarnation. Gamora is one of my favourite characters. It will also be interesting to see if Nova and Thanos will be in this. Gamora has serious connections with Thanos having been raised by him.

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    I am delighted they went the more modern incarnation. Gamora is one of my favourite characters. It will also be interesting to see if Nova and Thanos will be in this. Gamora has serious connections with Thanos having been raised by him.

I'm assuming Thanos is in it because its supposed to lead straight into Avengers 2 if I'm not mistaken.

There is a good chance. For those unfamiliar with the characters read Annihilation.
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annihilation_(comics)

It's a pity Fox has the rights to Galactus and Silver Surfer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Drax, Starlord, Rocket Raccoon all on the big screen and live action wowwowowowo!! Would love for Nova,Adam Warlock and the like to be in this too

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Prob work best as an animated movie.

Has this definitely been officially announced?

Has this definitely been officially announced?

Given a release date and everything.

guardians-of-the-galaxy-logo.jpg

Wow... I really hope this doesn't fuck up the franchise.

Why does everyone think this will **** everything up ?

Why does everyone think this will **** everything up ?

There's an angry raccoon holding a semi-automatic firearm.

We've soon more odd things succeed a bunch of 3 foot high furry creatures fighting a whole galactic empire, a midget,dwarf, elf and various other things take on an army all over a piece of jewellery..A bunch of over sized smurfs fighting against a big army looking to take over, But yeah a talking Raccoon with a semi auto does seem unrealistic ;)

We've soon more odd things succeed a bunch of 3 foot high furry creatures fighting a whole galactic empire, a midget,dwarf, elf and various other things take on an army all over a piece of jewellery..A bunch of over sized smurfs fighting against a big army looking to take over, But yeah a talking Raccoon with a semi auto does seem unrealistic ;)

Dumbest post in a while.

The raccoon looks ridiculous in the universe that's been built around the Avengers franchise. A universe that, while very outlandish, has been grounded as much in reality as possible but the production teams. A talking raccoon isn't just beyond the realms of that attempted realism; it's also just stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

We've soon more odd things succeed a bunch of 3 foot high furry creatures fighting a whole galactic empire, A bunch of over sized smurfs fighting against a big army looking to take over, But yeah a talking Raccoon with a semi auto does seem unrealistic ;)

Well those two things didn't work (last time I checked the Ewoks were amongst the most hated creations in cinema history), which kind of puts us back at square one. And small folk are hardly anywhere near as ridiculous as a gun wielding raccoon.

This has the potential to be an over-CGIed **** up on a grand scale. Still, Lord of the Rings just about managed to pull off giant talking trees...

Advertisement