Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy

Options

Comments

Really like how this is shaping up. I realise that there's no way in hell that Marvel will allow Gunn much freedom and I fear that this could be far less interesting than it appears. A no holds barred take on the material could be truly special but with Marvel desperate to make every standalone film into part if their universe then the R rated film we want isn't going to happen. Hopefully this will be a PG13 that pushes a few boundaries, recent Marvel films have had a manufactured by committee feel that was proven by the decisions to go back and tweak the plots and shoot additional footage so as to appease fan boys.

I picked up the recent trade of the relaunched GoG and rather enjoyed it though the inclusion of Iron Man was pointless amd took away from the story in a number if places.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Rocket Raccoon Speaks!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Am I hearing an accent?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Though he hasn't been shown yet in any of the trailers or media, the figure below gives a good idea of what one of the villains, Ronan the Accuser (Lee Pace) will look like. Star-Lord (Chris Pratt) is on the right.

IMG_0201-610x457.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Guardians-Poster_big.jpg

I do like the 'You're welcome' tagline. Seems to fit the Star Lord's Han Solo-esque ego.

Also, some more character videos

Star Lord/Peter Quill

Gamora

Groot

Drax

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

Ha, really looking forward to this! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

God, Zoe Saldana annoys me to no end

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Looks like good fun, and probably the closest thing we're gonna get to a Serenity sequel

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

krudler wrote: »
    Looks like good fun, and probably the closest thing we're gonna get to a Serenity sequel

+1 on this - my first thought was that it looked quite "firefly-ish"

really looking forward to it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

This looks like the Farscape movie I always wanted.

Off Topic so apologies, but as a few have mentioned how Farscape'y GotG looks, I had to spread this potentially great news:

http://io9.com/a-farscape-movie-is-reportedly-in-the-works-1529049248

Seems it's only at the script stage atm, but even so, the prospect of new TV material in the Farscape universe is fairly exciting...
    "Welcome to the Federation Starship USS Buttcrack!"

• Advertisement

pixelburp wrote: »
    Off Topic so apologies, but as a few have mentioned how Farscape'y GotG looks, I had to spread this potentially great news:

http://io9.com/a-farscape-movie-is-reportedly-in-the-works-1529049248

Seems it's only at the script stage atm, but even so, the prospect of new TV material in the Farscape universe is fairly exciting...
    "Welcome to the Federation Starship USS Buttcrack!"

That plot synopsis sounds almost identical to Guardiabs and I fear that it may affect any Farscape film. Really hope that it does get made, there's few series with such a rich mythology and interesting characters and it has the potential to turn into an epic series of films. That said, every other month we hear about a much loved sci-fi series getting a big screen reboot but it never goes anywhere. Babylon 5 has been getting a spinoff, another series, a reboot, a film, etc for the past decade.

We'll always have Serenity :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I think below is the first proper look at Karen Gillen's character, Nebula. Some seriously impressive make-up & prosthetics work imo so props to those behind it (Gillen still looks quite distracting too :D). It was posted on James Gunn's Facebook page:

https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t31.0-8/1965492_10152377365994570_2067086091336254562_o.jpg

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,159 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Very Farscapey :) Every little bit of this I see the more excited I get.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I wish they'd use a CGI villian

:pac:

pixelburp wrote: »
    I think below is the first proper look at Karen Gillen's character, Nebula. Some seriously impressive make-up & prosthetics work imo so props to those behind it (Gillen still looks quite distracting too :D). It was posted on James Gunn's Facebook page:

https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t31.0-8/1965492_10152377365994570_2067086091336254562_o.jpg

Seven of Pond

Kiith wrote: »
    I wish they'd use a CGI villian

let's not even joke about this ;-)
    I just hope that Thanos dens not go that route

i see that Thanos is going to motion capture

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Possible sequels
    according to Disney CEO Bob Iger, Guardians Of The Galaxy is a film "we believe... has strong franchise potential"

New images:

guardians_of_the_galaxy_1_1.jpg

guardians_of_the_galaxy_2_1.jpg

source

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

Really looking forward to this. Just a shame it's one of the later releases this summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

New poster, I like it, very 80's sci-fi ish, and fun

10312604_10152382664872708_8533533471067968169_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 43,778 ✭✭✭✭Basq

New trailer on Monday apparently..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Tefral

Anyone read the latest comics? Finished reading them last night. Characters looks definitely based off them from what I can see.

And a short teaser for the new trailer..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

It's funny, as this has been the film many - including myself - have pegged as being the acid test as to how far audiences will travel down the Marvel rabbit-hole. Based on all the material released so far though, and the good will caused by it all, GotG could end up being the studio's sleeper hit.

Impossible to make a final judgement but damnit it looks like a whole lot of fun and a needed breath of fresh air; even friends who'd have a passing interest in the comic adaptations are stoked about it. The Thor 2 post-credits scene already made it clear this is taking place in the Marvel film universe (yawn), but I really hope it stays divorced from all the Avengers nonsense and ploughs its own furrow :)

Genuinely can't wait for this one!

Movie i'm most looking forward to this Summer - by an absolute mile!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Basq wrote: »
    Movie i'm most looking forward to this Summer - by an absolute mile!

Not knowing any of the original material, I was skeptic to say the least. Now I feel I might actually explode if I don't see it in the next 20 minutes!!

And LOVING the music choices so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Aye, same. Really looking forward to it. Just from the trailers, it looks like it's going to be fun. Also really nice music choices, makes a change from Inception music

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Before I watch that trailer will it ruin it for me or is it pretty spoiler free?

Advertisement