Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Updated look for the site.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Stupidly big images don't seem to play nice with the new layout, or at least they don't on Opera.

See here for example: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056683563&page=2

Otherwise it looks quite good though it's taken a bit of getting used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Tarkus

No whining from me...

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Tony have you told the developers about my fix for the text?

I love the theme but the transparent text in the breadcrumb is doing me head in :D

Please implement it!! Will only take 2 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

DeBurca wrote: »
    It looks good but I am unable to close threads with the new skin
    Could you elaborate? Just closed a thread in test there without any problems.

Its happened again tonight a few minutes ago I cannot close a thread with the new system
    I had to revert to the old syatem to do so and the old system still showed the box checked to indiciate which thread I wanted to close

Yes I have been able to close some threads with the new system but it appears to be a bit hit and miss for me

Using windows XP and IE9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭minktrapper

No forum on agriculture.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

No forum on agriculture.

Ummm... Farming & Forestry?

Nothing to do with the new look though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I think the new layout is too drastic. Small steps would be better.
    But it's not just an initial dislike I have for it, at least I don't think it is.
    It's soooo bright and looks sort of tacky.
    Boards now looks great. It would be a step backwards in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭tomasocarthaigh

Clinical, facebookyish...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Its an improvement, but there is still a way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

it's a good job guys, but i still prefer the compact look and feel of the "original" beta, please don't delete it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

I don't like it. Especially the home page.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

To be honest i have been asked a couple of times now to review changes. I am sorry i have been able to think of any. I am just accepting in my approach. Happy to keep on using.

Anyway. If i ever figure out how to give positive feedback i will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Boards.ie: Tony

lee3155 wrote: »
    Tony have you told the developers about my fix for the text?

I love the theme but the transparent text in the breadcrumb is doing me head in :D

Please implement it!! Will only take 2 seconds.

We're currently reviewing the header / breadcrumb area at the moment.
    Don't worry, you're fix has been noted and it's very much appreciated.

T. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Is there a way to "Mark all forums as read" like we used to be able to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Kiith wrote: »
    Is there a way to "Mark all forums as read" like we used to be able to do?

Yes, the very bottom of the forum index above the box titled "What's going on" there is a link in yellow titled "Mark All Forums Read". That's the one you want :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yes, the very bottom of the forum index above the box titled "What's going on" there is a link in yellow titled "Mark All Forums Read". That's the one you want :)

Thanks for that. Is there a quick way to do it though? Not a big deal, but it was handy having the option on the top of every forum like it was before.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Having previously used the old Beta skin for years and years, there are two things i find i am missing with the new theme/skin.

1) a direct user cp link beside my username - its not a big deal, but it was good to have it up there.

2) when i entered a thread from my user cp, the breadcrumb trail started with my user cp. Now, when i click through from my user cp, the breadcrumb trail starts from home>hosted>rec....etc etc.

In both instances, the accessability of the user cp is diminished.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭odonnellcarey

Don't like the extra click to get to sub-forums and yes, it's too bright :cool:.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭LarMan

Hi

I find there is a lot of white space which is quiet glaring, any chance the background white could be changed to something a little more subtle.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭forfcksake

the "my forums" dropdown is class! really like, havent found fault yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,499 ✭✭✭daymobrew

The extra click to get to sub-forums is quite annoying.
    Other than that I like the skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Boards.ie: Tony

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Is there a shortcut key to bring me to the omnibox? If not, consider implementing one.

If you're on a Windows Machine, it's "Alt+Shift+F" and that will bring the omnibox into focus.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Kiith wrote:
    Not a big deal, but it was handy having the option on the top of every forum like it was before.

I agree, it's a pain having to do the extra step to mark all the forums read.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,887 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but Post of The Day doesn't work right. It links to the page of the thread that the post is on rather than a direct link to the post which used to be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,541 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Quazzie wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but Post of The Day doesn't work right. It links to the page of the thread that the post is on rather than a direct link to the post which used to be the case.
    Working for me. Does this link take you to the post I quoted, or just the page it's on: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=79515105?

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

Quazzie wrote: »

It works, but the jump will wait until all page assets have been loaded

• Registered Users Posts: 12,432 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Maybe I'm being a bit stupid here but I can't seem to find this. :confused::confused:

Please see the attached image :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,432 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Please see the attached image :)

Cheers for that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement