Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Updated look for the site.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

sallywin wrote: »
    I am rushing back to the original format. This is not an improvement regardless of what you might yourselves believe ;)

Not quite what I asked though, I asked for something a little more concrete than "It looks cheap" and "It's not an improvement". But fair enough, thanks for trying it out anyways

Danny

• Administrators Posts: 53,459 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I stopped following a forum, it no longer shows in My Forums in my User CP but still appears on the dropdown in the top right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭oxo_

Reminds me too much of facebook, the whole colour scheme and design.
    Drop down menu up top is good though.

Improve your mobile site design next please !

awec wrote: »
    I stopped following a forum, it no longer shows in My Forums in my User CP but still appears on the dropdown in the top right?

We're using a browser feature called local storage to monitor the forums you follow. The data is cached for a day. If you want to clear it out, you can clear out the local storage for Boards.ie - instructions vary per browser :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Not sure if these have been posted already but...

Type: Suggestion

Issue: Under the My Forums drop-down, when there are unread posts, the forum name has an asterisk next to it. However, if you mouse-over the forum, it displays a message stating: "Last Post: * mins ago (contains unread threads)". This seems redundant to me.

My suggestion would be to replace this with the username of the poster who last posted perhaps. Or just remove it entiely as the asterisk already tells you what you need to know.

picture.php?albumid=1458&pictureid=13356

Browser & OS: Windows XP / Chrome

Screen Resolution: 1280 x 1080

Also

Issue: Also under the My Forums drop-down, as can be seen in the above screenshot, there is a second title stating My Forums. This also seems redundant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭sealgaire

oh god, that banner is taking up WAY TOO MUCH SPACE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

We're using a browser feature called local storage to monitor the forums you follow. The data is cached for a day. If you want to clear it out, you can clear out the local storage for Boards.ie - instructions vary per browser :)

Should you not update that when the user unfollows a forum?

Dermo wrote: »
    Should you not update that when the user unfollows a forum?

It has been filed as a bug :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Sorry, I just don't like it. Tried it for the last two days and have actually found myself spending less time on the site because of it. All the things I don't like I have already mentioned. I'm looking forward to an improved version, but I'll stick with the Old Beta until then

• Registered Users Posts: 10 wrbedzinski

:)
    It has been filed as a bug :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 wrbedzinski

Otacon wrote: »
    Not sure if these have been posted already but...

Issue: Under the My Forums drop-down, when there are unread posts, the forum name has an asterisk next to it. However, if you mouse-over the forum, it displays a message stating: "Last Post: * mins ago (contains unread threads)". This seems redundant to me.

My suggestion would be to replace this with the username of the poster who last posted perhaps. Or just remove it entiely as the asterisk already tells you what you need to know.

picture.php?albumid=1458&pictureid=13356

Also

Issue: Also under the My Forums drop-down, as can be seen in the above screenshot, there is a second title stating My Forums. This also seems redundant.

:)very good on (*) add forms on power!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Type: Design
    Issue: For those with no avatars, a missing image pic just comes up beside the username (see screenshot)

no_avatar.jpg

Browser & OS: Iron browser 19.0.1100.0, Windows 7
    Screen Resolution: 1366x768

EDIT:
    Type: Design
    Issue: Make the category drop down menus at the top links like the normal skins (not sure what the old Beta skin was like)
    Browser & OS: Iron browser 19.0.1100.0, Windows 7
    Screen Resolution: 1366x768

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

nice and clean, i like it

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭music producer

Like it. Easy to read, navigate.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭oterra

Much cleaner feel to it

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I have been using it sine we started testing. Have have to say I love it , much cleaner & much easier to use. Any word on the New Posts button?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

Feature Suggestion: When clicking on a followed thread on the android version it brings you to the first unread post. This isn't available on the full website. Add this option to the full website.

Feature Suggestion: An "agree" button. Often the "thank you" button is used to signify agreement with a poster where an "I agree" a "I disagree" button would be more appropriate. I feel it would add to discussions. (Thumb up/ thumb down icon).

Otherwise, keep up the good work ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

just do it wrote: »
    Feature Suggestion: When clicking on a followed thread on the android version it brings you to the first unread post. This isn't available on the full website. Add this option to the full website.

Ok I notice "view first unread post" has been added. However it takes 2 clicks when navigating from the page with followed threads, is it possible to add this button to the threads on this page?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

how do i change back? this is making me feel sick....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

how do i change back? this is making me feel sick....

Read the end of the first post ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

I like it and have been using it since it was implemented but I am having a minor issue....when I hover over the "rec"tab at the top of the screen and the pop down box appears with various links to different forums the view is obscured.

I'll post a pic so you can see what I mean

boardse.png

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Davy1020

Looking good!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Has there been a solution found to it failing to horizontally scale with the size of the browser window on chrome yet?

keane2097 wrote: »
    Has there been a solution found to it failing to horizontally scale with the size of the browser window on chrome yet?

Progress on improvements is ongoing, there is currently no ETA on delivery.

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭SlimCi

Please tell me how I can access the latest posts screen.....finding this bit really awkward...use this all the time....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

SlimCi wrote: »
    Please tell me how I can access the latest posts screen.....finding this bit really awkward...use this all the time....

It's on the index page, it's a tab ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭SlimCi

Thanks Lee, got it.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

lee3155 wrote: »
    It's on the index page, it's a tab ;)

Wheres the index page, is do you mean the home page?

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

irish-stew wrote: »
    Wheres the index page, is do you mean the home page?

:confused:

Press "home" on the breadcrumbs? Is that the page you mean?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement