Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Prison Service Jobs - PASO 3

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭cordub

cordub wrote: »
    They aren't getting rent A llowence anymore. Plus
    Plus people need to know if yr not from Dublin u will e spending 10 years in Dublin working before having any chance of getting a job further than portlaoise do the sums carefully .. IF u have children u will probably get Fis that says it all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

cordub wrote: »
    Plus people need to know if yr not from Dublin u will e spending 10 years in Dublin working before having any chance of getting a job further than portlaoise do the sums carefully .. IF u have children u will probably get Fis that says it all :(

Only chance of getting down will be the large number of officers retiring in 2017/2018

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

I place 216, the limit for Interviews is 198 so I'm praying alot will either drop out etc.... Well done to anyone that got straight to Interview and best of luck to anyone who just missed it, there might be a bit of hope yet

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Laura.G2010

italodisco wrote: »
    I place 216, the limit for Interviews is 198 so I'm praying alot will either drop out etc.... Well done to anyone that got straight to Interview and best of luck to anyone who just missed it, there might be a bit of hope yet

Yeah I got placed after 198 is that the limit I was unsure from the message if it was just the first round or that was the limit :( that's disheartening

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Yes, it's worth pointing out, if you're young and you live in Dublin, at home with the parents, no children/mortgage then it won't be too bad.
    But if you have a mortgage and or children, and live outside of Dublin, then this will be a very difficult undertaking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 farlo365

Anyone any idea of timeframe for paso 3 interviews or how many positions are goin

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Hedsj27

farlo365 wrote: »
    Anyone any idea of timeframe for paso 3 interviews or how many positions are goin

I wouldn't mind knowing that as well. I have interview for ico next week but nothing about paso and since I got the same mark for both I figured I would get an interview for this as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 laura13579

Anyone get results from interview yet? Or know what positions are available outside dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

my other half has gone through the interview and all that jazz..

No word yet, as far as i'm aware, there are no jobs vacant outside of Dublin.
    Thats what he was told anyway..
    And if vacancy does come about, the longest serving officer gets to transfer if he applies...
    First in get first preference is what he was told...

Im hoping he finds out before xmas, be a bit of a relief to know...

• Registered Users Posts: 16 smithymk11

See they are now looking for trades

Is there a extra allowance for been a prison officer trades ?

Seems to be very little info online .

• Advertisement
Advertisement