Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Prison Service Jobs - PASO 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Girl my wife knows is starting on monday so its starting !!!!

I've looked it up and at 4 weeks a group i'll be Nov 5th if i'm in the 3rd group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

BlondieWee wrote: »
    so theres nothing i can do then i cant apply for anything coming up then can i not so? ill have to just give up so cause i only want this job or the guards. i did beauty therapy in college last year and hated it i always wanted to be a prison officer

I'm not being a smart ass but I have heard the Dochas Centre ( Mountjoy Womens prison ) runs beauty classes for the inmates. Your beauty training may yet pay off.....

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭bitter_lemon

Yeah that would be cool. You could be a beauty therapy warden. Awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭480905

Yeah that would be cool. You could be a beauty therapy warden. Awesome!

Jesus Christ don't give them any more ideas FFS, it's bad enough in that kip...

• Registered Users Posts: 15 casher123

Just realised today this is an established position so as a result people who are not already established will pay a further 1.5% survivors pension and 3.5% for their lump sum pension and a further rate of prsi.It could amount to €30 extra a week from wages.Any views?

• Advertisement

casher123 wrote: »
    Just realised today this is an established position so as a result people who are not already established will pay a further 1.5% survivors pension and 3.5% for their lump sum pension and a further rate of prsi.It could amount to €30 extra a week from wages.Any views?

Explain established ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 casher123

casher123 wrote: »

Explain established ?
    Basically if you are a clerical officer I think you are become established after your year probation and begin to pay into your pension.Therefore this is irrelevant for co's as they would already be paying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭shawmor

If any po's or RPO's mind helping me out - what type of clothes should you wear to beladd? The lady in HR wasn't sure, so I've no clue!

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭cordub

shawmor wrote: »
    If any po's or RPO's mind helping me out - what type of clothes should you wear to beladd? The lady in HR wasn't sure, so I've no clue!
    usually when your in training you are given your uniform but because your not going to be in uniform i suppose smart casual and training gear too . Wouldnt say youd need ties but bring one anyway just in case

cordub wrote: »
    shawmor wrote: »
    usually when your in training you are given your uniform but because your not going to be in uniform i suppose smart casual and training gear too . Wouldnt say youd need ties but bring one anyway just in case

Thanks for that. They said they were fitting us for uniforms? So I have no idea if we are in uniform or not as they keeping changing it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 benelli

Wear jeans and casual tops. You will get your uniform in first few days. If your planning on staying in Beladd at night bring a tracksuit or two for sitting around in. Also bring a laptop as the selection of channels on the television is poor.enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭V480

benelli wrote: »
    Wear jeans and casual tops. You will get your uniform in first few days. If your planning on staying in Beladd at night bring a tracksuit or two for sitting around in. Also bring a laptop as the selection of channels on the television is poor.enjoy

What's the story if you need accomodation in Beladd? Do they provide it for you? If so is it in Beladd itself or in the town?

V480 wrote: »
    benelli wrote: »

What's the story if you need accomodation in Beladd? Do they provide it for you? If so is it in Beladd itself or in the town?

They provide it for you and it's in beladd afaik. When they send out your letter you have to let them know if you require accommodation or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 BlondieWee

Delancey wrote: »
    BlondieWee wrote: »
    so theres nothing i can do then i cant apply for anything coming up then can i not so? ill have to just give up so cause i only want this job or the guards. i did beauty therapy in college last year and hated it i always wanted to be a prison officer

I'm not being a smart ass but I have heard the Dochas Centre ( Mountjoy Womens prison ) runs beauty classes for the inmates. Your beauty training may yet pay off.....

no thanks thats a load of ****e id rather do dog grooming!! ill just have to wait to see will i ever get to be a prison officer!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭maydream

All the best to all the PASO's starting today!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 flowerz

Just reading the previous post - do we really have to wear a uniform and what for? can anyone tell me what job we will actually be doing - just due to get my contract today am reluctant to sign this until I know exactly what our job description is Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

flowerz wrote: »
    Just reading the previous post - do we really have to wear a uniform and what for? can anyone tell me what job we will actually be doing - just due to get my contract today am reluctant to sign this until I know exactly what our job description is Thanks!
    See pages 1 to 23 of this thread.

I'll be interesrted to hear any feedback from today !

I did see pages 1 -23 thats why I asked the question - answer not in the post!!!

I did see pages 1 -23 thats why I asked the question - answer not in the post!!!

So you applied for a job you have no idea of and did all the interviews etc without knowing ?

• Advertisement

I applied for a job and was lead to believe it was an admin post but getting very different ideas after reading most of these posts!

I applied for a job and was lead to believe it was an admin post but getting very different ideas after reading most of these posts!

I wouldn't believe everything i read on the internet;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

yes you wear a uniform..... the role itself from what i can gather will be far from what you have been used to as a clerical officer in an office.. if you have seen programmes where prisoners are booked in etc thats what you will be doing, taking fingerprints etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭V480

Interested to hear how people got on today...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Roggseye

Me too - all information welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭cordub

werent ye all the lucky ones today first day of training and I saw the director general popped in to say hello :D:D was watching the uniforms being delivered and it brought back memories , though we had to q in mountjoy for ours .Best of luck with the training lads and ladies looks like there was nearly equal amounts of both

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

You applied for a job called Prison Administration & Support Officer.

It might not be in your first week or even your first year, but sooner or later it seems you will be called to do something you won't want to do, and if you object, you will be reminded of some ambiguously vague fine print in a contract you signed.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭480905

You'll fit in just nicely, Welcome aboard.

Well thanks for all your comments some helpful well some not - but got my answers yesterday actually got into the prison I am due to start in meet with a very nice guy who talked be through my duties etc etc bring it on - and remember guys change is good!

• Advertisement

Any feedback from those who have started ?

Advertisement