Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank League 2012-2013 talk/gossip/rumours

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Shannon beat Lansdowne 38-19 and will face UCD in playoff to decide place in 1A next season while Bohs relegated after a 35-0 win over Con which just was not enough on the day.

Richmond are back in the senior ranks for the first time since 1999 after a 26-23 win against Clonakilty in West Cork this afternoon while Naas will replace Greystones in division 2A after they won 44-23 in the Wicklow venue in the 2A/2B playoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,083 ✭✭✭✭phog

ormond lad wrote: »
    Shannon beat Lansdowne 38-19 and will face UCD in playoff to decide place in 1A next season while Bohs relegated after a 35-0 win over Con which just was not enough on the day.

Richmond are back in the senior ranks for the first time since 1999 after a 26-23 win against Clonakilty in West Cork this afternoon while Naas will replace Greystones in division 2A after they won 44-23 in the Wicklow venue in the 2A/2B playoff.

I know a few lads involved with Richmond and I'm delighted for them. Pity about Bohs unfortunately it came down to two Limerick clubs to face relegation but glad that Shannon got to the playoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

Greystones 23 Naas 44,

Congrats to Naas on promotion to 2a

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭backgreen

play off shannon v ucd sat week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

backgreen wrote: »
    play off shannon v ucd sat week

Where is that match?

• Advertisement

Where is that match?
    Limerick. All playoffs are In venue of team in higher division.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Ballynahinch promoted to top division of AIL for first time after 41-8 drubbing of Buccaneers in 1B while Dungannon thumped already doomed Bruff 74-12 and UCD virtually clinched promotion playoff winning at Ballymena 40-10.
    BTW theoretically Dublin University could still catch UCD (highly unlikely due to points difference) but promotion/relegation play off with Shannon surely won't be confirmed until after final set of fixtures in 1B next Saturday.

rumour has it JJ going to lansdowne next season..silly season starts early

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

I really doubt it. I know that he is looking for a new AIL club. With Bohs going down and if he doesn't move up the pecking order in Munster he wants an AIL division 1A club. That I've seen from people I trust.

Also from people I trust on a few forums is that Lansdowne are looking for a new 10. With Ronaldson going west and getting a pro deal he won't be available as much.

The rumours that I've seen are all people adding two and two together and getting 5. JJ Hanrahan will not join a dublin club while playing for Munster.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not Playing Tiddlywinks Vinny

I wouldn't be so hasty to dismiss the thought of JJ playing in Dublin. Cian Aherne does it from Limerick! He'll want to play 1A if not bumped up the pecking order and with possibly only 2 limerick teams there it wouldn't be too surprising if he ventured from Limerick, Cons spring to mind.....Rumours a plenty flying around and Season isn't even over.

Have heard that Richmond are looking to bring back any player with a tie to the club previously since promoted. YM losing a few, Bohs losing a load! Garryowen losing connacht lads Anderson and Jarvis and Hircock + Scanlon gone so a lot of rebuilding to do!

• Advertisement

i don't think shannon will go down and with castleisland's links to shannon could be a 10 spot there?

I really doubt it. I know that he is looking for a new AIL club. With Bohs going down and if he doesn't move up the pecking order in Munster he wants an AIL division 1A club. That I've seen from people I trust.

Also from people I trust on a few forums is that Lansdowne are looking for a new 10. With Ronaldson going west and getting a pro deal he won't be available as much.

The rumours that I've seen are all people adding two and two together and getting 5. JJ Hanrahan will not join a dublin club while playing for Munster.
    Exactly. JJ will not move to a Dublin club if on a munster contract and considering he is still prob in college in Limerick.
    I wouldn't be so hasty to dismiss the thought of JJ playing in Dublin. Cian Aherne does it from Limerick! He'll want to play 1A if not bumped up the pecking order and with possibly only 2 limerick teams there it wouldn't be too surprising if he ventured from Limerick, Cons spring to mind.....Rumours a plenty flying around and Season isn't even over.

Have heard that Richmond are looking to bring back any player with a tie to the club previously since promoted. YM losing a few, Bohs losing a load! Garryowen losing connacht lads Anderson and Jarvis and Hircock + Scanlon gone so a lot of rebuilding to do!
    Richmond if they do get a few back will really help them in 2B. Will be interesting if they do get some players back
    i don't think shannon will go down and with castleisland's links to shannon could be a 10 spot there?
    I cant see Shannon beating UCD.
    Don't see castleisland links playing any role. Who from 'island would you see moving in that case

Think Richmond will do well irregardless, as long as they don't lose anyone like Kelliher.

Can't see UCD losing this, only thing i was thinking is that a possible clash with Exams could effect UCD

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

Not a chance of this happening going on the basis Munster were adamant Barry O Mahoney had to switch to a munster club last season if he wanted a munster contract and Barry was keen to stay with Clontarf.

Wouldnt be surprised if Cathal Marsh went from Trinity to Lansdowne.

I cant see Shannon beating UCD.
    Don't see castleisland links playing any role. Who from 'island would you see moving in that case[/QUOTE]
    nobody gave them a chance of surviving pre-xmas,nobody gave them much chance of a win/bonus v lansdowne last week...spread your bet

Good win for Con in Bateman Cup final against Marys today. 22-13 win for cork men
    http://www.irishrugby.ie/rugby/29018.php

All divisions in the league have been completed following todays last round of Division 1B games except for the playoff between Shannon and UCD which will decide the last place in Divisions 1A and 1B next season

Below is a small round up of each division and the line-up for each division next season.
    1A
    champions: Lansdowne
    runners up: Garryowen
    relegation playoff: Shannon
    relegated: UL Bohs

1B
    champions: Ballynahinch
    promotion playoff: UCD
    relegated: Ballymena, Bruff

2A
    champions: Terenure
    promoted: Corinthians
    relegated: Midleton, DLSP and Greystones

2B
    champions: Rainey Old Boys
    promoted: NUIM Barnhall and Naas
    relegated: Clonakilty and Connemara

Tullamore promoted as round robin champions
    Richmond beat Clonakilty to decide final place in 2B

Next seasons full list of teams and the divisions
    1A
    Lansdowne, Garryowen, Clontarf, Cork Con, Dolphin, Young Munster, Old Belvedere, St Marys, Ballynahinch, UCD/Shannon

1B
    UL Bohs, UCD/Shannon, Trinity, Buccaneers, Malone, Belfast Harlequins, Blackrock College, Dungannon, Terenure, Corinthians

2A
    Ballymena, Bruff, Banbridge, City of Derry, UCC, Galwegians, Cashel, Old Wesley, Bective Rangers, Seapoint, Queens University, Old Crescent, Highfield, Rainey Old Boys, NUIM Barnhall, Naas,

2B
    Midleton, DLSP, Greystones, Nenagh, Boyne, Armagh, Skerries, Navan, Sligo, Suttonians, Instonians, Thomond, Ards, Sundays Well, Tullamore, Richmond

• Registered Users Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

24-19 was Bateman cup final score. I was at Stevenson Park to see Ballynahinch beat Dungannon 22-12 in a feisty 1B encounter with just pride at stake. Will be interesting to see how the Co. Down side go next season in their first experience of top flight rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭shaungil

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/irfu-moves-to-end-pay-for-play-culture-in-club-game-1.1378095

So no more payments to players in club rugby.

Steps carefully away.......

shaungil wrote: »
    http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/irfu-moves-to-end-pay-for-play-culture-in-club-game-1.1378095

So no more payments to players in club rugby.

Steps carefully away.......
    academic scholarships are outside the remit of the IRFU..hum...

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭lurtz

makes for a very interesting read

• Advertisement

D-Day for Shannon, Huge Day for UCD. If weather is good UCD win, despite no Luke McGrath think they'll have more than enough if Leavy, Gilsenan, Coughlan, Thornbury etc..... are playing! Will have huge repercussions if they lose i think, many lads will interest LAnsdowne, Tarf, Belvo and Marys should they stay 1B again

D-Day for Shannon, Huge Day for UCD. If weather is good UCD win, despite no Luke McGrath think they'll have more than enough if Leavy, Gilsenan, Coughlan, Thornbury etc..... are playing! Will have huge repercussions if they lose i think, many lads will interest LAnsdowne, Tarf, Belvo and Marys should they stay 1B again

Leavy and Thornbury aren't playing, I did hear that Bobby Holland is playing, I think.

Shannon currently losing 16-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭Malmedicine

any more updates???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭Hype710

37-0 to UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭Malmedicine

Noice come on Collidge

Barry Daly with two and Danny Kenny and james Tracey with an intercept each apparently.

Full time, 0-42 UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭CGD

42-0

• Advertisement

Down Shannon go, they need to bounce straight back or else they could be in a downward spiral and may continue to fall. Say the club sharks in Limerick are sniffing round for players already! Duncan Casey move to a 1A side like JJ is gonna have to??

UCD hold onto lads or will they still struggle to keep similar side? Opinions?

Advertisement