Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank League 2012-2013 talk/gossip/rumours

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Interesting is only a 1 year deal. Reckon he'd walk into the 10 jersey, McSharry would run great angles from him, with their youthful backline he'd be a potent weapon to open up teams. Need to get a more dynamic backrow to play off him too.

He's destined for bigger teams. A trial season almost for him, Munster could easily come a knocking if he does as well at Connacht as had with Lansdowne
    While I rate Ronaldson he will have a fight to break into the Connacht set up. May I remind you that Dan Parks is there, and that Miah Nikora has been a solid backup to Keatley and Parks.

It is going to take time for Ronaldson to adjust to professional rugby. He is not going to walk into any provincial team. Not saying that he won't grow into the role over the next year and be a starter when Parks retires at the end of the season. If he doesn't think that he will be a starter then he will probably move to the championship in England.

Can he play any other positions? If he can play center or fullback it could get him onto the bench ahead of Nikora.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

Barnhall NUIM won 17-63 away to Boyne to secure promotion to Div 2A next season. Think they have scored 521 pts in 14 games so far with one match remaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not Playing Tiddlywinks Vinny

Shannon beaten by Mary's 27-20 but got a LBP, 2 points clear of Bohs but still 4 behind Belvo. Dolphin beat Tarf in dublin 31-26

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

madds wrote: »
    Barnhall NUIM won 17-63 away to Boyne to secure promotion to Div 2A next season. Think they have scored 521 pts in 14 games so far with one match remaining.
    Big win for NUM Barnhall. They still have to play us in Nenagh next weekend. Weve to win and hope Naas lose so we can finish 3rd and in promotion playoff place unless the Bective-Wesley merger rumours are true and another side from 2B goes up
    Shannon beaten by Mary's 27-20 but got a LBP, 2 points clear of Bohs but still 4 behind Belvo. Dolphin beat Tarf in dublin 31-26
    What are Bohs and Shannons remaining fixtures?
    Who do you think will go down from 1A and 1B?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

ormond lad wrote: »
    Big win for NUM Barnhall. They still have to play us in Nenagh next weekend. Weve to win and hope Naas lose so we can finish 3rd and in promotion playoff place unless the Bective-Wesley merger rumours are true and another side from 2B goes up

Who do you think will go down from 1A and 1B?

Injury ravaged tarf lost to dolphin for whom Irish u20 Ryan murphy looked excellent.

Ul bohs will go straight down, Shannon won't make up gap on old belvo and will have home advantage in a play off with ucd, even with Shannon being able to call on Marcus Horgan and Niall Ronan I reckon on hard ground ucd will tear them apart, this would see three limerick clubs in ail next season with 5 Dublin teams and positively one from ulster...oh and two from cork dolphin and irfu/cork con

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭backgreen

Who do you think will go down from 1A and 1B?[/QUOTE]

bohs to play marys and con
    shannon to play y/munsters and lansdowne
    old belv to play lansdowne and dolphin
    bohs will go dowm all to play for between shannon and belv

if it comes to it shannon will win play off

UCD would be a top 3 side in 1A, if they play either Shannon or Belvo they rip them apart! From the remaining fixtures i can only see one possible victory, Shannon beating YM after that will come down to BPs.

Shannon wil probably have Horan or Ronan, can't play both, and than they'd have the lad from the academy and connacht, still cant see them escaping, Costly start!

UCD would be a top 3 side in 1A, if they play either Shannon or Belvo they rip them apart! From the remaining fixtures i can only see one possible victory, Shannon beating YM after that will come down to BPs.

Shannon wil probably have Horan or Ronan, can't play both, and than they'd have the lad from the academy and connacht, still cant see them escaping, Costly start!
    think you nailed it there.."would be"

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭lurtz

coghlan to tarf i hear

• Registered Users Posts: 24,200 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Makes sense, he's local.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

plus guaranteed 1A rugby next year, UCD still have a long way to go to get to the top flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭CGD

lurtz wrote: »
    coghlan to tarf i hear

That is SCM I presume?

Jordan

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Liveforrugby

coghlan to tarf i hear

Can he just do that?

Jordan

Bit of a schock there!

Wonder if he is going to stick at centre or return to 8?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭opinionatedfan

sticking from what i've heard, could be wrong though.

He could be the 1st of a few high profile departures from UCD

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

coghlan to tarf i hear
    He's local and plays his cricket there, have seen him up recently but at the same time it wouldn't make huge sense to Leinster to have collie o Shea and himself and the Clontarf captain Ryan all fighting for the 12 spot.

Wouldn't be surprised if marsh and David Doyle or James Tracey end up at lansdowne to replace ronaldson and Tom sexton.

Think a lot of Academy lads in UCD will leave if don't make it into 1A, McGrath being another linked to leaving, Marys possibly. Be surprised if many left if they go up....

YM apparently losing a few too as are Bohs with JJ Hanrahan going back to a 1A side

• Advertisement

YM coach Mike Prendergast moving to france to be skills coach at Grenoble where Bernard Jackman is defence coach.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/rugby/prendergast-takes-coaching-role-at-frances-grenoble-227940.html

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Beery Eyed

Massive win for Old Belvo last night, beating Lansdowne 34-18 with a try bonus point. Moves them clear of the bottom and with two games left for most teams it now looks certain that Shannon & UL Bohs will be battling it out to avoid finishing bottom.

Nenagh beat Barnhall 29-6 but as Naas hammered Instonians they go into playoff for promotion to 2A.
    2A
    champions: Terenure
    promoted: Corinthians
    playoff: Banbridge
    playoff: Greystones
    relegated: Midleton and DLSP.
    Greystones at home to Naas to decide last place in 2A
    2B
    champions: Rainey Old Boys
    promoted: NUIM Barnhall
    playoff: Naas
    playoff: Clonakilty
    relegated: Connemara

Tullamore promoted as round robin champions
    Clonakilty at home to Richmond to decide last place in 2B

ucd beat malone 38 7 ,comprehsneive win with coghlan murray and mcgrath impressing

what is the situation with shannon /bohs now? do shannon have to win the final game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

UCD need 4 points from their last two games to make the playoff, and I think whoever wins their respective final game stays up out of Shannon and Bohs.

backgreen wrote: »
    what is the situation with shannon /bohs now? do shannon have to win the final game?
    Shannon have to get as many match points as Bohs do next Saturday. If they match Bohs they will be in the relegation playoff against UCD or Trinity which most likely will be UCD

• Registered Users Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Saw Dungannon beat Belfast Harlequins 16-10 in 1B. It was heart stopping stuff in last few minutes as Dungannon defended their line with 13 on the field courtesy of 2 yellow cards. Bruff's and Ballymena's defeats mean Dungannon stay up and Bruff and Ballymena go down. Dungannon recovered well after heavy drubbing to UCD just a few weeks ago and they were probably favourites for the drop then.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭the perfect ten

I didn't think there was a play-off between the third placed team in 2A, i.e. Banbridge, and the third from bottom in 1B?

• Advertisement

I didn't think there was a play-off between the third placed team in 2A, i.e. Banbridge, and the third from bottom in 1B?
    yep. your right, my mistake. Banbridge not in any playoff

Advertisement