Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank League 2012-2013 talk/gossip/rumours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭lurtz

Hagz wrote: »
    I'll put it in a link so. Wimps.

why do you feel the need to post pictures of bad injuries! Start your own sadistic thread if you want to do that! Id imagine there are very few people who actually play rugby that would find that sort of stuff interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

lurtz wrote: »
    why do you feel the need to post pictures of bad injuries! Start your own sadistic thread if you want to do that! Id imagine there are very few people who actually play rugby that would find that sort of stuff interesting

I didn't FEEL the need. It's not like I had an urge. I was checking through the photos on INPHO.ie of the Lansdowne/CC game and they had about 4 photos of O'Hara breaking his leg (a lot worse ones than what I posted). I didn't read a match review first so the pictures were how I learnt of the news. From a personal perspective I posted it in a sympathetic frame of mind. I certainly didn't post it because I have an interest in broken bones....
    I realise now that some people find such pictures offensive, though I can't say I'm able to relate to those people, and I took it down. That should be the end of it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

The funny thing is the pic is only shown in lurtz's post!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

ormond lad wrote: »
    Good win for Nenagh in 2B.
    Beat Boyne 18-16
    Moment of game was when our 7 got the ball around halfway. One of the Boyne coaches was standing behind the tryline his side were defending and shouted out "its Ok he's only a 7". Our 7 then outspinted the 3/4 Boyne defenders in front of him to score a try that turned out to be the winning score

Rest of todays results
    http://www.irishrugby.ie/ulsterbankleague/28451.php

Saw something similar in our (Barnhall NUIM's) match against Connemara. Our #5 split through the AB's defence on their 10-metre line and neither their covering wing or full back could put a hand on him! Great win for the Blues which puts us into second with 4 games remaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not Playing Tiddlywinks Vinny

Another 5 star finish from Tarf, 41-13 against Belvo in Anglesea Rd. Crawfrod with 3, Lett and McGrath scored for Tarf, well deserved win. If they'd produced performances like this from the off they'd be challenging Lansdowne at the top

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

Another 5 star finish from Tarf, 41-13 against Belvo in Anglesea Rd. Crawfrod with 3, Lett and McGrath scored for Tarf, well deserved win. If they'd produced performances like this from the off they'd be challenging Lansdowne at the top

Great performance, Lett got 2 in the end. 3 BP's in a row for Clontarf and Collie O'Shea made his injury comeback. 2 injury time defeats to Con and Lansdowne didnt help our chances this season. Thought Cronin at 9 ran the show, Danny Riordan impressive as always for Belvo.

good standard of rugby from both backlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭backgreen

will be a right tussle at the bottom between shannon/bohs/old belv even dolphin could be in the mix

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭CGD

Belvo are in a bad run and must be worried Shannon seem to be improving just at the right time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

bamboozle wrote: »
    Great performance, Lett got 2 in the end. 3 BP's in a row for Clontarf and Collie O'Shea made his injury comeback. 2 injury time defeats to Con and Lansdowne didnt help our chances this season. Thought Cronin at 9 ran the show, Danny Riordan impressive as always for Belvo.

good standard of rugby from both backlines.

Would have to agree RE Cronin, I thought himself and Lett were immense.
    Overall I have to say I was in shock at how we ran away with it in the second half.I thought OB were well in the game even at half time and was hoping the 3 penalty misses wouldn't come back to haunt us but it was a different game in the second half.

The last try for Tarf was just total humiliation the way it was intercepted.
    Thought the match officials weren't at the races in the first half.Seemed to let OB away with some high tackles though thankfully the ref got a grip of the game in the second.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭backgreen

shannon on fire against con 5 tries 38-19 with 10 min remaining

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,970 ✭✭✭✭phog

backgreen wrote: »
    shannon on fire against con 5 tries 38-19 with 10 min remaining

Hockeyed Cons, won 45 - 19, Niall Ronan scored Shannon's first or second try. Sounded like a great game for the home team.

• Administrators Posts: 53,526 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Are scores like Dungannon 15 - 86 UCD frequent in the AIL? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

awec wrote: »
    No not that frequent at all.

We lost up in Naas to last minute kick that prob ends our chances of promotion
    Results from all divisions below
    http://www.irishrugby.ie/ulsterbankleague/28513.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

4 tries from Sam Coghlan Murray

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

blackbelt wrote: »
    Would have to agree RE Cronin, I thought himself and Lett were immense.
    Overall I have to say I was in shock at how we ran away with it in the second half.I thought OB were well in the game even at half time and was hoping the 3 penalty misses wouldn't come back to haunt us but it was a different game in the second half.

The last try for Tarf was just total humiliation the way it was intercepted.
    Thought the match officials weren't at the races in the first half.Seemed to let OB away with some high tackles though thankfully the ref got a grip of the game in the second.

Fawlty towers reffing in the Mary's Garryowen game today, Garryowen had a try disallowed where there prop seemed to ground the ball then it rolled away, late in the game a marys kick was caught by the garryowen fullback in the air - he landed in touch so it should have been a garryowen lineout as the ball went out on the full, ref gave it as a marys lineout where it was caught, in the confusion marys took a quick lineout and scored.

apart from that the ref seemed to penalise marys every time they attacked.

comical stuff ruined a good game.

Lansdowne wrapped up the league in style today, blew away YM in aviva. was 37 - 3 with 5 left finished 37-17 with 2 late converted tries

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

I'd say that there is a hammering most weeks in 1B and every two or three weeks in 1A. They are the only divisions that I keep a close eye on so so I'm not sure about division 2 but that is one of the most one sided games in the AIL this season.

• Administrators Posts: 53,526 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

How many trys was it? Anyone know?

How many trys was it? Anyone know?

Think it was 14,coghlan murray got 4

I'd say that there is a hammering most weeks in 1B and every two or three weeks in 1A. They are the only divisions that I keep a close eye on so so I'm not sure about division 2 but that is one of the most one sided games in the AIL this season.

there are big scores like 40 or 50 points but nothing like that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

Rumour has it that Jordan Coghlan might be moving from UCD to one of either Lansdowne or Tarf next year if UCD don't get promoted to 1A.

Rumour has it that Jordan Coghlan might be moving from UCD to one of either Lansdowne or Tarf next year if UCD don't get promoted to 1A.

I'd say he won't be the only one. Should UCD and DCU not go up than i'd be expecting a lot of Academy, Development contracted lads to move to the likes of Mary's Tarf, Belvo and Lansdowne should all stay up. The like of Leavy, McGrath, the Byrnes, Thornbury, Gilsenan etc to move on.

Similarly it looks like Hinch are comin up, would this mean an influx of Ulster lads joining them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Irish Club side to face Scotland friday night
    http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/domestic/newsroom/11109.php
    15. Richard Mullane (Shannon)
    14. Cian Ahearne (Lansdowne)
    13. Killian Lett (Clontarf)
    12. Stuart Morrow (Ballynahinch)
    11. Darragh Fanning (St. Mary’s College)
    10. Gavin Dunne (St. Mary’s College)
    9. Gerry Hurley (Cork Constitution)
    1. Colm McMahon (St. Mary’s College)
    2. Ristead Byrne (UCD)
    3. Kevin Griffin (Shannon)
    4. Simon Crawford (Clontarf)
    5. Ben Reilly (Clontarf)
    6. William Ryan (UCC)
    7. Danny Kenny (UCD)
    8. Frank Cogan (Cork Constitution)
    Subs
    16. Pat O’Regan (Old Belvedere)
    17. Richard Sweeney (St. Mary’s College)
    18. Charlie Butterworth (Lansdowne)
    19. Brian Quill (UCC)
    20. Sam Cronin (Clontarf)
    21. Darragh Lyons (Cork Constitution)
    22. Foster Horan (Lansdowne)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Stainalert

I'd say he won't be the only one. Should UCD and DCU not go up than i'd be expecting a lot of Academy, Development contracted lads to move to the likes of Mary's Tarf, Belvo and Lansdowne should all stay up. The like of Leavy, McGrath, the Byrnes, Thornbury, Gilsenan etc to move on.

Similarly it looks like Hinch are comin up, would this mean an influx of Ulster lads joining them?

Load of these guys on scholarships so can't see how they would be allowed move

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Stainalert wrote: »
    Load of these guys on scholarships so can't see how they would be allowed move

they would have to give up the scholarship and rely on just the money they get from being in the leinster academy

they would have to give up the scholarship and rely on just the money they get from being in the leinster academy

Lads on Scholarships and in academy will not move as it covers, accomadation, tuition, linked to extra points they got for choosing UCD or DUC and the few quid they get as well. Lads now finishing their 3 or 4 year course will look seriously at moving

CGD wrote: »
    Lads on Scholarships and in academy will not move as it covers, accomadation, tuition, linked to extra points they got for choosing UCD or DUC and the few quid they get as well. Lads now finishing their 3 or 4 year course will look seriously at moving

most of the lads arent living on campus and I doubt theyd be kicked out of their course for leaving the scholarship so I think they are able to move

lurtz wrote: »
    most of the lads arent living on campus and I doubt theyd be kicked out of their course for leaving the scholarship so I think they are able to move

Not as easily as you would think and has been tried before

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭opinionatedfan

Coghlan will be in college three years this may. Very possible he is finishing up.

• Advertisement

Coghlan will be in college three years this may. Very possible he is finishing up.

its not possible he'll be finishing up because he's in first year commerce

Advertisement