Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Vapefest Announcement

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Stefan_Cork

Aye, well i missed breakfast and just made checkout but what a good night, was a pleasure and fun all the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

Too hungover to play with my new toys and juices :-(

But we had an amazing day and a great night. Thanks to Shane & co for all their hard work. It was lovely meeting so many nice people - even the vape virgins that were with me had a great time. Can't wait for vapefest 2013!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Irish-Lass

sept09baby wrote: »
    Too hungover to play with my new toys and juices :-(

But we had an amazing day and a great night. Thanks to Shane & co for all their hard work. It was lovely meeting so many nice people - even the vape virgins that were with me had a great time. Can't wait for vapefest 2013!

Yes it was an experience but have to say had a great night and wingnut will be forever "4inches" pmsl

Lovely to meet so many vap nuts :D but staying up till 5/6am is never a good thing :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I featured 3 times in davek's vapefest Ireland video footage \o/

all sorts of famous I am

tommy is the next closest with 2 ...

-0-edit

damn, there's tommy with a sneaky 3rd appearance

---edit

a FOURTH
    bastard

ah, but there's the back of my head blocking the camera

4 all

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

mine is uploading as we speak, not much as my camera decided not to work for some of the clips. ah well. next year :D

• Advertisement

Thankfully, despite all the shennanigans, there aren't too many photos or videos with me! DB never got a chance to have a chat yesterday. Pity you headed off - was a very good night in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 10 DrDoozer

Good to meet you all and thanks for all the fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

DrDoozer wrote: »
    Good to meet you all and thanks for all the fish.

Were they Swedish Fish?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

I featured 3 times in davek's vapefest Ireland video footage \o/

all sorts of famous I am

tommy is the next closest with 2 ...

-0-edit

damn, there's tommy with a sneaky 3rd appearance

---edit

a FOURTH
    bastard

ah, but there's the back of my head blocking the camera

4 all
    What? me on DaveK"s thingy? Gona have to check this out!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 FlyAgariK

Great to meet all of ye lads, it was fantastic to be surrounded by such an enthusiastic community of vapers. Well done to Newmark for all of his hard work setting everything up. Would have loved to stay around for the nights drinking but had to head back to Cork.. Got 2 new favourite juices now though so sorted! tis the "adams sin apple" for after dinner and the el toro eden. BAM!!

P.S.
    I'm famous too :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 DrDoozer

Calibos wrote: »
    Were they Swedish Fish?

Supposed to have been anyway!

alf70 wrote: »
    Great day, really enjoying my newly won Lavatube!!!

What about the provape ;)

Urgh - no sign of the Vapefest hangover ever ending. Only have myself to blame though and at least I have loads of lovely juices to play with. Managed to come home with quite a collection and have enough to keep me vaping for a few months!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

newmark wrote: »
    Sorry you couldn't make it Stevenmu but hopefully next time :)
    Hope so, it was just a last minute work thing. I think I cursed myself when I said I had some free time to try a promo vid for you, haven't had a free second since :)

Looks like an amazing day, will be looking forward to next year.

well there'll hopefully be a few smaller vapemeets before the next vapefest, few people were talking about having some

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

well there'll hopefully be a few smaller vapemeets before the next vapefest, few people were talking about having some

i'd be up for that! trading juices and bits and pieces and the like :)

trying out some of the juices I got from the remnants of the juice bar...
    shame they're nearly all 18mg.. the vapourcasts are 12mg and are actually pretty lovely but all the dekang/hangsen tobaccos I got are 18mg and I have to really pace myself vaping them or I get kinda antsy.. so far the dekang wensten is nice.. although nothing at all like I remember winston/wensten being like...

possibly it's because I never had a bulli at the time or as i've seen others saying, possibly because dekang juices have changed

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

I'm going to have some T-juice e-liquids to distribute for regional vape meets as unfortunately T-juice couldn't get over due to been so busy after UK Vapefest and forwarded on juices to us but they didn't arrive for on time and will probably arrive today.

I will keep it safe when it arrives and bring it to any organised regional meets going forward, if I can attend and if not I'll send it on to someone if I cant go.

So hopefully in a month or 2 we might try and organise some regional small type meetups between us all and some of the peeps/vendors who couldn't get to Vapefest might be able to make it to some of them too. :)

I've updated the Vapefest Ireland website to include the videos and will be adding pics as I get them so anyone who took any pics and wants me to add them just email them on whenever ye get a chance to vapefestireland@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 13 charliej

There's some more photos:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/charliejely/sets/72157631547596195/

I have to say that was a busy day.
    I regret that I couldn't stay for the night, however I was just so tired by the end.

It was nice to meet so many nice people from here. :-)

• Advertisement

rewatching the vapourtrails video... completely missed that the vapourcast guy was here on his honeymoon.. lol, amazing

--edit

great pics charliej. saw myself in the background of one of them with a face like I was sucking on a kangaroos anus, but I guess I must have been laughing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

at the juice bar i tried a juice called 'T5'. a nice round mild tobacco flavour can't remember who made it, i tried so many... i want to buy some but i can't seem to find it anywhere. hoping someone will recognise what i'm talking about? :confused:

im pretty sure hangsen have a juice called t5.. I remember seeing the bottle alright but i dont remember if it was a hangsen one

--edit
    found a bottle on my jacket pocket

hangsen t5 :)

im pretty sure hangsen have a juice called t5.. I remember seeing the bottle alright but i dont remember if it was a hangsen one

yes yes yes yes yes!!! in the orange cap bottles - thank you!!!! man that was driving me insane. googling finds it on a few uk sites but it looks like it's also called 555 [?] so i'll have a look for it on irish sites now. cheers mate.

t5 could be triple 5? maybe they rebranded it or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

charliej wrote: »

I regret that I couldn't stay for the night, however I was just so tired by the end.

It was great to watch someone who knows what their doing putting coils together, I picked up a few neat little tricks watching ya in action :)

Quite disappointed I didnt splash out and take one of the NGP's off ya before they sold out though

BTW thank you very much for the massive bottle of juice, herself has been chain vaping it since :D

t5 could be triple 5? maybe they rebranded it or something

it's listed on some of the uk sites as being ''marlboro 555'' flavour so yeah yer right. it was the nicest tobacco flavour i tried anyway. smoky yet not overpowering. it's funny how before vapefest i thought i'd only be able to stomach tobacco flavours but... apart from the T5 the only other things i ordered since i got home are all fruit and desserts. and cola!! jesus that cola from liqua... nom nom nom

yeah a lot of people get like that, start off with the tobaccos but soon ditch them in favour of the fruity/savoury ones

I've gone full circle and am now back on the tobaccos for a good while, wasnt really keen on fruity/other juices for a while but after vapfest I've sampled a few nice ones so now I just don't know

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Watching Dave Tackle box after work last night, the guy really really enjoyed himself, said he was taken back by the ammount of people who recognised him and Dave Dorn from VTTV....two lovely men.

Dorn let me try his box mode with a mesh wicked dominator tank....took my usual double honk on it, then my eyes nearly exploded with a giggle from Dorn as he was saying "oh yeah, that's my usual 36mg"....crazy stuff.

I really regret not being able to check out the rebuildable work shop more, bagged myself a touch switch NGP tho, so going to have lots of fun with that.

What took me a little by suprise, from the second we walked in the door, everyone was just so damn friendly, whenever i met someone we chatted away for ages like we'd known each other for years. Great to meet such a broad spectrum of people! :)

• Advertisement

charliej wrote: »

Great pics Charlie and thanks for all your work at the rebuildable table, it was really good and many people told me they enjoyed it. :)

Advertisement