Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Vapefest Announcement

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Elbow wrote: »
    FAO: grindle

guess who has ur bam? :P
    Bucking Fastarrrrrrd!

Congrats! Now you've only got to get a tank that fits the feckin' thing.
    Imagine.
    A 15ml Vivi.
    Vulgar...

What's it all like? How many throat-creamingly delicious flavours have you vaped?
    Who won the museum-piece Provari, never to leave the house it enters?
    Are there pics being taken?

Fuuuuuucking Jealoussssssss.

Oh, the card-making demo went great, yeah, thanks for asking...
    Major success, yeah...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Just back and had a blast but spent a small fortune on goodies. Kudos to the organisers, it was great event and will certainly return in the future.

The juice bar was a winner and I burnt out 2 atomisers sucking up some great juice. I must have tried them all.

It was great to try lots of different setups as well so I now know what is right for me.

So what did I get......

All but 2 of the DKS flavours, might have been the influence of the hot Italian chick but I found them really refreshing.

Provari mini, just felt right when I picked it up :-)

A couple of tanks and atomisers.

Lots of juice, it was great to try and then try to find who was selling it. I guess I have enough juice to last 4 months or so.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Fantastic day, has to be said!

Won a nice little haul in the raffle, every Ovale juice they make, and an Ego-C kit....passed it on to my mother :)

Great day, nice to finally meet some of the people i've been talking to all day for the last 8 months.

Hopefully it's the first of many to come! shane really deserves a god damn medal for the work he put in! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

grindle wrote: »
    FAO: grindle

Bucking Fastarrrrrrd!

Congrats! Now you've only got to get a tank that fits the feckin' thing.
    Imagine.
    A 15ml Vivi.
    Vulgar...

What's it all like? How many throat-creamingly delicious flavours have you vaped?
    Who won the museum-piece Provari, never to leave the house it enters?
    Are there pics being taken?

Fuuuuuucking Jealoussssssss.

Oh, the card-making demo went great, yeah, thanks for asking...
    Major success, yeah...

glad to hear the card making demo went well :D

I'm gonna sicken ya more now because it was herself that won it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

fuuuu10.jpg
    She's hardly gonna use it though, is she? Maybe as a reaching-stool like JML's Blue Step
    61jdUR8QeZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    or a way to sneak a naggin into a club.
    Man, the battery life on that's gonna be unreal. I'm gay for battery-life.

That's not an offer, just so you know...*

*I've reconsidered, my price is the BAM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Amigaman

Great day ..and a big thanks to Shane and all who helped for all the work they put into it ...no doubting it a great success...

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

Great day, what a lovely vibe n bunch of people :-) just about to head back to the bar and help finish off the juices ! Fair play to you Shane, tip top day

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

only in the door after dropping my mate home, only bought one juice and 2 kangar T2's but got a shed load of juices off the juice bar at the end. Fantastic day i must say, great to put names to faces, especially Commissioner Gordon :pac: and great to be amongst heaps of other vapers. All in all a fantastic day and i think my mate is going to continue vaping too. Got a few video clips (nowhere near as many as i thought i would :() and they'll be up in the next day or so.

Big thanks to Shane for the organization and the whole thing really, very well organized and i'm already looking forward to next year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Thin White Duck

Fair play there Shane - amazing effort but it all paid off, a great day indeed and fantastic friendly vibe. Good to put faces to names and just sorry I couldn't stay for the beer.
    So when's the next one? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 alf70

Great day, really enjoying my newly won Lavatube!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

Great day, well done to shane and everyone who helped organise. And the bleedin size of the raffle!!! I must be the unluckiest person in the world, didn't come home with one single freebie... *rolls eyes*

As a total beginner vaper though it was great to have so many vendors in one place. Man, I thought photography was bad for GAS... (gear acquisition syndrome), it has nothing on vaping. Very happy with my new ego-c kit but I'll be asking Santa for a lavatube! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

What do you think of it ? I held off ordering 1 in the hope id win it :D

Well done and thanks Shane and co

Maybe now we can get the odd meet up going,realy wish i could of stayed longer but had to get to work.

Nice to put a few faces to names

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Out of bed at last, realy tired after yesterday cos I couldn't sleep till about 3 in the morning. (Nic will do that to ya)
    What a success! Well attended, great craic, and the day never lagged. Super organization to keep the buzz going all day.
    Congrats to Newmark (Shane) for this.

The rebuildable workshop was well good btw, at last I have a clue what to do :D

Good meeting people from boards and other boards. Hope we do it again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

just in the door a few minutes
    absolutely fantastic day, great to put faces to names

have about 30 bottles of ejuice to try out over the next week. still sad I couldn't pull the trigger on that NGP but there's plenty more mods in the sea

huge thanks to newmark and um.... ms newmark for setting this all up. the event was amazing from start to finish. and lots of thanks to the staff of the abbeyleix manor hotel as well, they were excellent.

--edit

I returned the NGP to ......ngp guy ...... because I thought I wouldnt have enough money for drink and food after I'd spent the sixty quid.
    just counting out all the money I have now that I'm home.... exactly 60 quid

fml

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭chacal

Great day and night. Thanks to Newmark and all who organised. Rebuildable workshop was great along with all the vendors and reduced prices. Have some new kit to try out now.

BTW digby, just rebuilt the Phoenix.. long legs worked a treat

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Thin White Duck

I returned the NGP

That was the shortest time I've ever seen anybody own a mod for.

That juice in case you've forgotten ("this is the best juice I've ever tried" I think was the quote) was Mom and Pop's Tobacco Praze. They still have some on vapeescape if you're quick but if there's any Irish vendors reading who want to step up to the breach......

That was the shortest time I've ever seen anybody own a mod for.

That juice in case you've forgotten ("this is the best juice I've ever tried" I think was the quote) was Mom and Pop's Tobacco Praze. They still have some on vapeescape if you're quick but if there's any Irish vendors reading who want to step up to the breach......

oh believe me I haven't forgotten, was raving about it to everyone all night :) the stuff on vapescape is 18mg so I'll get it from momandpop in a couple of weeks. with the amount I'll be chain vaping it.. maybe I oughta go even lower than 10mg

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

What a weekend and thanks to everyone that helped out on the day and in the run up to the day. Without yer help I would have been lost. I'm not going to name names in case I forget anyone as ye know my head was spinning yesterday from the pre-fest festivities on Friday night, but I really really really appreciated all the help everyone gave me and I'm really happy everyone enjoyed themselves and appreciate all yer kind comments and messages.

I thought everyone of the vendors made a fantastic effort with their stalls and I know the support they gave all of us with the prizes/promotions/juices etc was really appreciated by everybody. The vendors who couldn't make it and supported event had a big part to play as well and a massive thanks to you all.

The Abbeyleix Manor Hotel and its staff were top class and the local people that we met were very receiving and encouraging to everyone and I know we even managed to convert a few smokers which was a big plus.

I better acknowledge the help my wife gave me as well for the last few months as I forgot to mention her in my little thank you speech yesterday as I was very nervous but mrs newmark thank-you for all your help for the last few months and been so understanding of my madness :D Thanks also to my Mam who was a great help on the day :)

It was great to meet all the people that came from Northern Ireland, England, Italy and the USA, they all made special efforts to come to Vapefest Ireland and really contributed to making it a success. :)

To every single person that came thank ye for supporting the event and being part of it, it is the people that came to the event that made it so good and I hope will be an annual event going forward.
    I really enjoyed meeting everyone of ye and my only regret is not getting to talk to people more as its very hard to get around to everyone in a day or so :)

Hopefully the peeps who missed this year will have a bit more notice next year and make it to next years one :D

Here's a few pics I got, I didn't get many but if anyone else has any it would be great if ye could mail them to me at vapefestireland@gmail.com and
    I will then put them up on the website and FB pages.

If anyone wants to see some footage of yesterdays event I think there will hopefully be some on DaveK's show "Daves Tackle Box" which is on tonight at 9pm and repeats can be seen under the recent show section as well for anyone who misses it. The link for it is here

UyePvl.jpg

nTzEUl.jpg

NxPs7l.jpg

vl0Msl.jpg

ZLYa1l.jpg

1sssGl.jpg

26WvTl.jpg

zA2iSl.jpg

4PkLJl.jpg

6GTfql.jpg

9ZCUsl.jpg

VU57Jl.jpg

Bsw8Ul.jpg

fzBo3l.jpg

ZqzbQl.jpg

ATHLTl.jpg

bFliNl.jpg

Tt2STl.jpg

jjICKl.jpg

jQz70l.jpg

U4DG9l.jpg

U4DG9l.jpg

IAyCGl.jpg

8AYLrl.jpg

A9DAol.jpg

DZTJSl.jpg

RwH3Kl.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Stefan_Cork

Thanks to all it was a smashing event!
    My head's a bit sore from the after hour session till 5 in the morning,
    what a nice weekend, nice location and nice people all round!

and thanks Sir Digby for returning the NGP, i snatched it up and fecking love it

stevenmu wrote: »
    Balls, something has come up and it looks like I'm not going to make it down.

Hope it all goes really well and ye all have a great time.

Sorry you couldn't make it Stevenmu but hopefully next time :)

DKS Video footage of Vapefest Ireland

hah, elbow's famous

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭chacal

20120915_130732-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

that was great event, many thanks to all which help to organise it ... lol spotted myself on 2 pics :)
    well, waiting for next fest now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

newmark wrote: »

Makes for very funny reading when google translate's a few of the captions :p

On a side note I really should get a fecking hair cut!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭flids.utd

flids.utd wrote: »
    I thought it was great and very well organised
    we could only stay an hour and a half but the wallet got a good hammering, my lavatube has been a running repair that eventually died (for now) last night, so I had;) to get a vv gripper and bought Newmarks throathit (its great and good price thanks)
    The wife got ego twist batteries and we both got loads of different bits and pieces of hardware, all at great prices
    Now to see how sick you can actually get from vaping enjoy the night to everybody lucky enough to be staying there

rough as a bears.... but it lives again!
    The wire had repeatedly came off 510 connection, easy to solder, this time it came off circuit board as well,
    It gets serious abuse on site
    The 510 connection is a weak link so if it happens to anybody else the washer is the way to go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

What a day, a day that I wont forget very quickly. Just wanted to leave a note here to express how much of a pleasure it was to meet all of you, it really was the highlight of the day for both of us.

Stefan - I hope your head was as sore as mine this morning!!!:)

Advertisement