Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Vapefest Announcement

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

oh.. well then hopefully the hotel bar will have setanta \o/

although i also hope 20 people dont desert vapefest for 2 hours to go watch football :)

--edit

and you're right, its on setanta sports 1

Tv in the same room as vapefest, problem solved!0

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

newmark wrote: »
    I doubt if too many will dessert around that time as the numbers will be getting called out from about 2.30pm and everyone will probably forget about the match they will be so busy watching raffle tickets :D
    I'll be up the hotel from Friday getting the room ready so I'll check what's what and see what channels they have up there. :)

maybe you could have the raffle at 2pm....

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

maybe you could have the raffle at 2pm....

I'm hoping to start it at 2pm but you know urself these things sometimes don't work out exactly as planned timewise, but I will do my best to start it around then. There's also the fact we don't want the place to empty out too early on in the day after the raffle so will kind of play it by ear and see how it pans out.:)

I'll check the situation with TV setup in the function room on Friday as well, they might be able to organise it if I ask nicely.

There's a change after been made to the raffle prize list, the Clockworks RTA sponsored by e-cigshop has now been taken out of the main raffle and will now be part of a free raffle for all those that take part in the Rebuildable Workshop. Just add yer name to a book that will be at the rebuildable workshop if you take part in the workshop and we will have the draw later on in the day after the main raffle.

I've done this to encourage participation in the rebuildable workshop and also because it will ensure that whoever wins it will know or have an idea how it works as it is an advanced bit of kit and if a newbie won it in the main raffle they mightn't even know what it is or what to do with it and it could end up in a drawer. :)

• Advertisement

Here's a link to last nights Daves Tackle Box show on Vapourtrails.tv. Davek spoke about Vapefest Ireland (from 4mins) as he is coming over with Dave Dorn who hosts another show on Vapourtrails.tv. He will be shooting footage at Vapefest as well, which hopefully will be shown on next weeks show. http://www.vapourtrails.tv/?p=4281

There's also there also a good new section on show for any rebuildable fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

Countdown is well and truly on! Am ridiculously excited about Vapefest now.

I should be down by 11. Unfortunately I can't make it earlier to help set up (have baby/dog/cat sitters to organise!) but am willing to help during the day if you need anything.

I know the feeling I think I'll have to have a couple of drinks tonight to calm me down a bit. :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

I know the feeling I think I'll have to have a couple of drinks tonight to calm me down a bit. :D:D:D

Just giving the liver a heads up for the weekend ahead ;)

Just spent more or less the last 5 hours bagging and labeling prizes with my mrs and they are still not finished! The raffle is bloody massive, there's gonna be some really lucky winners :D:D:D

• Advertisement

how much will tickets cost?

how much will tickets cost?

€2 each or 6 for €10 and a maximum of 6 tickets per person.

It was €1 each or 12 for €10. I changed it after seeing how they did the UK one because it decreases the chances of someone winning twice and also there will be less tickets used and half the folding of tickets so its better for the environment and a bit easier for the volunteers who will be selling/folding them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

right. decided to go and got the last room in what looks like a love-erly b&b just outside abbeyleix. see ye there! i'll be the complete vaping noob asking all sorts of silly questions. go easy on me :o;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

if someone arrives on saturday and is looking to convert from cigarettes to vaping but has no system and wants to try juices at the juice bar. what do they do? is there some way for someone to try a juice without having their own set up?

if someone arrives on saturday and is looking to convert from cigarettes to vaping but has no system and wants to try juices at the juice bar. what do they do? is there some way for someone to try a juice without having their own set up?

No :) There will be some sample size bottles available for people to take as well and peeps can top up tanks or whatever from the bigger size bottles or just drip using a dripping system if someone want to try lots of flavours.

artyeva wrote: »
    right. decided to go and got the last room in what looks like a love-erly b&b just outside abbeyleix. see ye there! i'll be the complete vaping noob asking all sorts of silly questions. go easy on me :o;)

Great that you can make it and that's one of the reasons this event is for so ask as many questions as you like :)

I'm sure there will be plenty of people who will gladly advise you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭donkey oatey

I bought a starter kit for a friend that I haven't given to him yet. I'll bring it with me and loan a battery to you or your friend so they'll just need to buy an atomiser and drip tip there.

I bought a starter kit for a friend that I haven't given to him yet. I'll bring it with me and loan a battery to you or your friend so they'll just need to buy an atomiser and drip tip there.

I'm grand thanks though :) i have a 2nd everything so if my friend wants to try anything i have that sorted. was just asking as it hit me that a smoker wouldnt be able to try before they buy kinda thing.

it's be a hard thing to do to have sample kits tbh, not to mention unhygenic

you could maybe have a couple of kanger or vivi nova tanks filled with 3-4 different juices, but even then you'd need to have a new drip tip for every person that wanted to try it out.. and that does nothing to help them if they want to try a carto or an ego-t style device

you could maybe have a couple of kanger or vivi nova tanks filled with 3-4 different juices, but even then you'd need to have a new drip tip for every person that wanted to try it out.. and that does nothing to help them if they want to try a carto or an ego-t style device

I did not think it through at all, oh well it would be nice if the chance was there but as you said above it would be hard to sort out everything for everyone and keep them all happy.

• Advertisement

ha. ok - when i read this:

i immediately thought this...

...with a few less technical terms. maybe i'm getting the hang of it? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Stefan_Cork

We gonna have a workshop-style corner, i will help refilling, cleaning, mixing etc, i bring a load of stuff too.

Also we gonna give a hand if there any questions and advice as i bet there be tons of shiny..

I do recommend maybe cheapish cartomisers boges/kanger or a 306 dripper even better

Anyways few days to go....... yay!

I can see vendors selling a lot of dripping atties on the day as people run around trying flavours :)

All the prizes except those arriving by hand from USA and Italy are packed up labelled and ready for Vapefest. So are the freebies, juice for free juice bar, banners, markers, registration books, raffle drums, blue tac and all the other bits and bobs needed.

Just need to collect the extra 120 surprises on Friday and then I'll be off to Abbeyleix to set out the function room and then hopefully manage a few beers in the Abbeyleix Manor on Friday evening after the functon room is sorted of course.:D

Anyone whos going, try get there early if possible on Saturday before all the 120 extra surprises are gone ;)

i dunno what time i'll be there, someone's offered me a lift and it'll probably be too passive aggressive of e to just "mention" that there's early door prizes :)

i dunno what time i'll be there, someone's offered me a lift and it'll probably be too passive aggressive of e to just "mention" that there's early door prizes :)

Mention it they probably wont mind, everyone loves a freebie and there's some cool bits and pieces. :)

pm'd him earlier today and asked what time he'd be around, so I'll see what he says when he gets back to me :)

Anyone whos going, try get there early if possible on Saturday before all the 120 extra surprises are gone ;)

i think i should get a surprise anyway - for having the longest journey to get there. mr artyeva's just looked at google maps, 178 miles - jaysis :eek:

Anyone up for a Vapefest's got Talent contest on Saturday night? :D:D

• Advertisement

e-smokeireland have very kindly donated 10 x Phoenix Rebuildable Atomizers to the Rebuildable and Safety workshops which will be running side by side.

Stefan who's running the safety workshop will be giving them out throughout the day maybe by some fun competitions, quiz's or other formats, we will work details by Saturday. ;)

Advertisement