Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Vapefest Announcement

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Just looked at booking a room for the night, the hotel has no availability so must be some crowd head up and staying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

wow
    must be some b&b's or other hotels in the area, it's just down the road frmo portlaoise town

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

10 mins by taxi from Portlaoise but might be worth checking for b&b's in Abbeyleix as well

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

I've seen a few around but think first one I saw was in the Ovale shop. :-)

Quick point lads, I am hoping to try quite a few juices at the juice bar so I can try before I buy. How would you suggest I do this, should I get a stock of cartomisers or a tank that can be easily cleaned?

• Advertisement

dripping atomisers

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/category-s/1821.htm

the first two there, 306's are generally thought to be very good for flavour.. and iirc a warmer vape than 510's. i never liked them, couldnt get a good vape from them.. but people rave about them. I never really got on with dripping atties anyway, think I chain vaped too much and ended up ruining them and getting frustrated.

the last option too, the repairable. if you get one now and spend a week learning how to make coils.. you might have it set up decently in time for vapefest and then you just use it as you would the first two on that page.. but when it's time to throw it out.. you don't, you just remake the coil yourself

either way, dripping atomisers. you'll want at least 2, in case you come across a real strong flavoured juice that just wont go away.

oh, the 306's require special 306 drip tips.. just so you know

dripping atomisers

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/category-s/1821.htm

the first two there, 306's are generally thought to be very good for flavour.. and iirc a warmer vape than 510's. i never liked them, couldnt get a good vape from them.. but people rave about them. I never really got on with dripping atties anyway, think I chain vaped too much and ended up ruining them and getting frustrated.

the last option too, the repairable. if you get one now and spend a week learning how to make coils.. you might have it set up decently in time for vapefest and then you just use it as you would the first two on that page.. but when it's time to throw it out.. you don't, you just remake the coil yourself

either way, dripping atomisers. you'll want at least 2, in case you come across a real strong flavoured juice that just wont go away.

oh, the 306's require special 306 drip tips.. just so you know

I have one of them 306's on the way as well for Vapefest but I never realised you need a special drip tip for them, any ideas on where to get the drip tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

TBS have 306 drip tips http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/drip-tips/54-delrin-drip-tips-for-joye306.html

So if I order a couple of the second one on the ESI page I'd be good to go with a drip tip?? http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/510bridge.htm

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/drip-tips/43-joye-306-transparent-driptip.html

they're extra long so they fit over the body of the 306, to prevent leakage and I think th top is to prevent juice spitting getting into your mouth because of how exposed the atty us

sept09baby yeah any normal 510 drip tip oughta work with them

• Advertisement

Thanks guys and gals, must get a couple of those as well so.

I have the vapourhut dripper as well and it worked a treat for me trying different juices at uk vapefest which reminds me I have a bottle of the decadent vapours special vapefest juice that was made specially for UK Vapefest, I'll bring it with me next week if anyone wants to try it out, its lovely stuff but don't ask me to describe it. ;)

Nice one, the 510 Atomisers look the way to go. I guess these will work with my ego 510's as well as a bonus.

Next question, should I order in advance or will any be available on the day?

i dont think they'd be reccomended for your 510 batteries, they're to low resistance
    might damage the battery

if you got normal resistance 510 atomisers as oppoed to the low res ones.. that'd probably be ok on 510 batteries

actually they definitely would because that was how vaping was done for a long while at first, they were designed for 510 batteries.. hence the name 510 atomisers :)

def. not the low resistance ones though

--edit

wait did you mean ego batteries, or 510 (slim, almost cigarette sized ones)

ego batteries take both ego and 510 fittings, which is where some confusion can come into it

Yeah, it's the 510 bats. I have the ego twists now so will not use the 510 bats.

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/atomizers/100-joye-510-t-tank-atomizer.html

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/atomizers/102-new-510-t-atomizer.html

something like these would work on the 510 batts

they're not bridgeless.. they have a little piece of mesh over the coil to pierce those tanks in the picture, nd feed the juice down.. like the way an ego-t or an ego-c works. but you dont have to use the tank, you can just drip directly onto the mesh and vape that way.
    some people prefer the bridgeless versions (or even debridge the atomisers themselves) because they find it gives a cleaner flavour, but i doubt it'd make a huge difference.. especially if you're going to be trying loads of juices.

either way just avoid anything low resistance on the 510 batteries. around 2ohms is kinda the limit and even then it'll drain the batteries soooo fast

Some exciting facts about Vapefest Ireland which is taking place next weekend 15th September!

(1) We have over €10,000 worth of e-cigarette related goodies to give-away on the day between the Monster Raffle, early arrival giveaway and the free E-liquid Bar

(2) As far as I'm aware it will be the first Vapefest ever with a designated rebuildable workshop

(3) As far as I'm also aware it will be the first Vapefest with a fix it, mix it and Safety Workshop on the day with safety and education in mind!

(4) The Monster raffle is going to be MC'd by Ireland's PinkVaper.

(5) We have received sponsorship and support from 29 different companies and will have 14 to 15 vendors with stalls on the day including DKS Organic e-liquid from Italy and T-juice from the UK along with the cream of the Irish vendors.

(6) There will be some celebrities from the vaping world in attendance including Davek and Dave Dorn who host shows on Vapourtrails.tv in the UK and Scott from the Vaporcast Store/Vaporcast Podcast Show in the USA will also be attendance as a spectator.

(7) The hotel is already fully booked out so looks like it's going to be one hell of a party so don't miss it! (Anyone thinking of staying for the afterparty can still get a hotel in nearby Portlaoise which is only 10 mins away by taxi)

(8) All (over 18's) are welcome and admission is FREE, especially welcome are current smokers who are looking for an alternative to the tar, carbon monoxide and 3000 chemicals in tobacco cigarettes. This is an ideal opportunity to meet the suppliers firsthand and maybe get setup with a reasonably priced kit and to be able to get advice from people who are using electronic cigarettes already in a friendly laid back atmosphere. :)

(9) More info can be found at http://vapefestireland.weebly.com/

This time next week it will be underway, cant wait now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Very excited!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Countdown begins! :)

any chance the raffle could be before 3?, I've a match to watch :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

Elbow wrote: »
    any chance the raffle could be before 3?, I've a match to watch :D

Manchester United?

sure the 3pm matches aren't on tv...

sure the 3pm matches aren't on tv...

Feck it, That's that plan ruined so

if the hotel has wifi and someone has a laptop we could watch a stream

but other than that.. yeah :)

if the hotel has wifi and someone has a laptop we could watch a stream

but other than that.. yeah :)

or mutv with a banging hangover when I get home sunday :D

I think its on Setanta fellas, any volunteers to help Sabrina for 90mins:)

wingnut32 wrote: »
    I think its on Setanta fellas, any volunteers to help Sabrina for 90mins:)

Herself would be more than happy 2 the second she hears the word match (but for feck sake dont let Sabrina mention the price of a provari, I'll be shot!)

Elbow wrote: »
    Herself would be more than happy 2 the second she hears the word match (but for feck sake dont let Sabrina mention the price of a provari, I'll be shot!)

:D

oh.. well then hopefully the hotel bar will have setanta \o/

although i also hope 20 people dont desert vapefest for 2 hours to go watch football :)

--edit

and you're right, its on setanta sports 1

• Advertisement

I doubt if too many will dessert around that time as the numbers will be getting called out from about 2.30pm and everyone will probably forget about the match they will be so busy watching raffle tickets :D
    I'll be up the hotel from Friday getting the room ready so I'll check what's what and see what channels they have up there. :)

Advertisement