Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Schools Rugby 2012-2013 [Provincial Schools Thread Link in Post 1]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭6dsp9

touché fat fosi

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭6dsp9

FatFosi12 wrote: »
    Rotherham Titans to be precise, big Irish connections over there. Shane Cahill from Rock SCT few years back is there and playing very well from what I hear.

as I said great for these lads to get a chance to play the game professionally. Im sure all in terenure,especially quint are very proud of him:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭funtime93

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Pretty sure the game's I have seen this year that Brewer has been playing 12 plus he played there for Leinster this season. With O'Neill to come back that's the most potent backline in the competition IMO.
    McCarthy,Byrne,Leavy,O'Meara and Kelleher for michaels have the makings of a serious backline aswell.Would love to see these teams collide in the cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

6dsp9 wrote: »
    as I said great for these lads to get a chance to play the game professionally. Im sure all in terenure,especially quint are very proud of him:D

True that, I think we'll see a lot of talented schools players heading to Championship sides in the near future due to the limited size and opportunities in the academies. It certainly hasn't harmed the likes of Michael Keating in terms of exposure.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭FatFosi12

Agree with you there Gordon, lot of schools players could benefit from a few years in England then come back to their Irish club when they've developed. Look at Niall Morris, never really got a look in with Leinster and now he's flying high in the match day 23 nearly every week for the Tigers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭goreyguy

Agreed, if you don't make it in the academy, you have to try England.

The academy system is far from a perfect system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭funtime93

Agree with you there Gordon, lot of schools players could benefit from a few years in England then come back to their Irish club when they've developed. Look at Niall Morris, never really got a look in with Leinster and now he's flying high in the match day 23 nearly every week for the Tigers.
    Yeh but that's after a few years in an academy already or playing AIL rugby before they go to England.It's very rare to see players go to England straight from school.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Shane Monahan at Gloucester and Mick Noone at Leicester are two recent examples of the Championship working wonders for a players.

But don't be fooled, plenty have rejected the chance to go there. The standard is a bit better than AIL, you are in the shop window and you get to be a full time pro but it's a hard old slog and the pay isn't great from what I've heard.

There's been plenty of ex schools big prospects going over there for the past few years, it isn't a new thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭schools rugby

Will the draw for the Cup be later this year because of the change of format ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SixtyMoylanus9

Is it Colin Jones? He was incredible in the cup last year.

Couldn't agree more with that statement. Mesmerizing player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭specttator

Any news on the under age panels?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 charles123

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Pretty sure the game's I have seen this year that Brewer has been playing 12 plus he played there for Leinster this season. With O'Neill to come back that's the most potent backline in the competition IMO.

thats just such a biased , false statement , think you should take off your nure tinted glasses and give an objective opinion or maybe just refrain from talking about Terenure .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

He said it's his opinion. Don't like it, pay it no heed. Personally it's easy to agree with him. Stephen O'Neill, Harrison Brewer, Billy Dardis, Tim Schmidt. Those a fairly serious arsenal.

Hagz wrote: »
    He said it's his opinion. Don't like it, pay it no heed. Personally it's easy to agree with him. Stephen O'Neill, Harrison Brewer, Billy Dardis, Tim Schmidt. Those a fairly serious arsenal.

ye but there is a difference between giving an opinion and just talking rubbish , Quint does the latter

just wondering how I would go about reporting someone's posts , thinking about reporting a certain poster not sure how I go about doing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

charles123 wrote: »
    just wondering how I would go about reporting someone's posts , thinking about reporting a certain poster not sure how I go about doing it

There's a little sort of stop sign beneath their username. Click it and then give an explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Milkinitlarge6

Jeeze calm down Charles

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

thats just such a biased , false statement , think you should take off your nure tinted glasses and give an objective opinion or maybe just refrain from talking about Terenure .
    ye but there is a difference between giving an opinion and just talking rubbish , Quint does the latter
    just back from a ban and this is the quality of your contribution...?

Take some more time off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jonhtheking

Any second row talent in the junior cup, that is a position in where leinster are seriously lacking!

• Site Banned Posts: 157 ✭✭yougottagoboy

Any second row talent in the junior cup, that is a position in where leinster are seriously lacking!

not that I know of in the junior cup but Michaels's current blindside,James Ryan,captained their js to the cup last year and played leinster schools during the summer is a good prospect as a 4th year. Pushing 6ft5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭goreyguy

not that I know of in the junior cup but Michaels's current blindside,James Ryan,captained their js to the cup last year and played leinster schools during the summer is a good prospect as a 4th year. Pushing 6ft5

Hopefully by 6th year he is pushing 6'8.

• Site Banned Posts: 157 ✭✭yougottagoboy

goreyguy wrote: »
    Hopefully by 6th year he is pushing 6'8.

you never know with the right nutrition he could grow further,thatd be great. On the subject,IT Carlow have a 2nd row playing 21s from navan who is about 6ft8,bulky and a decent player to boot. Shocked he wasn't in a setup given our need

• Registered Users Posts: 9 AhLeaveItOuh

Results from todays senior league QFs -
    Gonzaga College SJ 35; Pres. Bray 0,
    Castleknock College 22; Kilkenny College 16,
    Newbridge College 16; CBC Monkstown 15
    Cistercian College Roscrea 23; The King's Hospital 9

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

Results from todays senior league QFs -
    Gonzaga College SJ 35; Pres. Bray 0,
    Castleknock College 22; Kilkenny College 16,
    Newbridge College 16; CBC Monkstown 15
    Cistercian College Roscrea 23; The King's Hospital 9

Surprised at the Castleknock result a few people had talked them up big and would have expected them to have had a more comfortable victory (based purely on what people have been saying - I've yet to see one of the league schools in action this year)

Kilkenny are a very dogged side, never say die attitude. Great win for Gonzaga, looking to go one better than last year. CCR have an excellent team and hope they go far. And Knock aren't great this year on form, only beating Wesley narrowly and scraping that one too. I'd hope for a CCR - Gonzaga final in Donnybrook under lights.

Surprised at the Castleknock result a few people had talked them up big and would have expected them to have had a more comfortable victory (based purely on what people have been saying - I've yet to see one of the league schools in action this year)

They won their game.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

themont85 wrote: »
    They won their game.:confused:
    Gordan didnt say they lost. All he said was that he was surprised they didnt win more
    Anyone at the games?

ormond lad wrote: »
    Gordan didnt say they lost. All he said was that he was surprised they didnt win more
    Anyone at the games?

Yea and the implication was cos it was a League school they were facing.

The League is a really competitive competition.

Since 2005 there's been at least one league school in the semis (and Roscrea in a final) barring 2006/2009. If you look at all those League schools records in the league yes they had some big wins but they also had hard fought games in the knockouts winning some by a score.

Plenty of "Big 6" people simply do not understand how competitive it is especially at knock out time. It is a disadvantage imo for the schools involved in terms of the Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭TheKeenMachine

I see the senior results have been posted already but Gonzaga Juniors beat Castleknock in the League Semi Finals. Is that a surprise? Castleknock had been talked up a bit IIRC.

• Advertisement

Was at the Gonzaga match with a friend who has a brother on the team. Looked a good side, Pres offered nothing though. Very small side for Pres' usual standards with the exception of their 14 who is a great specimen. Played Leinster 19's this year so I'm told. Great to hear of Gonzaga Juniors and Seniors pushing on in the league, smaller school working hard to build a reputation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement