Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Schools Rugby 2012-2013 [Provincial Schools Thread Link in Post 1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Quint2010 wrote: »
    If anyone is interested Orna Cassidy Photography has some great photos from today's 'Michaels 'Rock match on FB. As a matter of interest-who was the 'Michaels no 4 playing today? He is absolutely huge. Actually-the whole 'Michaels pack looks huge. Fair play to 'Rock-it's not about the size of the dog in the fight afterall...

I was just looking through her photos. Michael's had some serious players out there
    James Ryan
    Ross Moloney (the number 4)
    Ross Byrne
    Adam Leavy
    Cian Kelleher

and I think Josh Murphy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Hagz wrote: »
    I was just looking through her photos. Michael's had some serious players out there
    James Ryan
    Ross Moloney (the number 4)
    Ross Byrne
    Adam Leavy
    Cian Kelleher

and I think Josh Murphy.

Jeez what are they feeding them in 'Michaels?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Leinster5

Was shocked to see Michaels lose today. Even my mate who went to Blackrock who watched it with me expected them to get hammered by Michaels. Was told that Michaels were missing 5/6 players, which is a huge amount. Was a great game to watch, but you can't judge cup winners in pre-season games. Still expect Michaels and Terenure to fight for the cup, but there's a few teams that have enough quality to pose a threat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭funtime93

Leinster5 wrote: »
    Was shocked to see Michaels lose today. Even my mate who went to Blackrock who watched it with me expected them to get hammered by Michaels. Was told that Michaels were missing 5/6 players, which is a huge amount. Was a great game to watch, but you can't judge cup winners in pre-season games. Still expect Michaels and Terenure to fight for the cup, but there's a few teams that have enough quality to pose a threat.
    From what ive been told that actually wouldnt be far off michaels' cup team.With the exception of one or two players like McCarthy and Penny coming in that is them at virtually full strength as far as i know.They'd have to drastically improve in order to win the cup since that was a very average rock side.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Fight_Night

funtime93 wrote: »
    From what ive been told that actually wouldnt be far off michaels' cup team.With the exception of one or two players like McCarthy and Penny coming in that is them at virtually full strength as far as i know.They'd have to drastically improve in order to win the cup since that was a very average rock side.

McCarthy, Coulson, Penny, Harold, Redmond were all likely starters that were injured but yes the side wasn't THAT far off full strength. I would have disagreed with the starting team, some questionable decisions made positionally in my opinion but come cup time this'll all be sorted.

• Advertisement

McCarthy, Coulson, Penny, Harold, Redmond were all likely starters that were injured but yes the side wasn't THAT far off full strength. I would have disagreed with the starting team, some questionable decisions made positionally in my opinion but come cup time this'll all be sorted.
    Who's Redmond ? Guessing he's a prop because I've heard of the rest. Was told Michaels were missing their 2 starting props, a winger, and 3 other Leinster reps. Any team would struggle without 5 or 6 starters. Seems to always be the case with Michaels, they never seem to play their FULL 15 until the first cup game. Still think it's a 2 horse race between Terenure and Michaels. My beloved Clongowes don't stand a chance sadly.

Who's Redmond ? Guessing he's a prop because I've heard of the rest. Was told Michaels were missing their 2 starting props, a winger, and 3 other Leinster reps. Any team would struggle without 5 or 6 starters. Seems to always be the case with Michaels, they never seem to play their FULL 15 until the first cup game. Still think it's a 2 horse race between Terenure and Michaels. My beloved Clongowes don't stand a chance sadly.

Yep Redmond and Coulson were the two props missing. Haven't actually seen him play properly but think he's a fairly good prop, was on the squad last year as far as I know. Blackrock in fairness were missing two starters as well so neither team was full strength.

Yep Redmond and Coulson were the two props missing. Haven't actually seen him play properly but think he's a fairly good prop, was on the squad last year as far as I know. Blackrock in fairness were missing two starters as well so neither team was full strength.
    I suppose. Who was playing 6 and 2 for Micahels yesterday do you know ? It's just very tough to call the cup when Michaels and Terenure haven't played their full teams yet. Time will tell

I suppose. It's just very tough to call the cup when Micahels and Terenure haven't played their full teams yet. Time will tell

For a Clongowes boy you sure do show alot of man love for 'Michaels..:D Terenure played pretty much their full team against 'Rock in fairness and were only missing their injured out half.

I suppose. Who was playing 6 and 2 for Micahels yesterday do you know ? It's just very tough to call the cup when Michaels and Terenure haven't played their full teams yet. Time will tell

6 was James Ryan last years J's captain dont know who was 2

• Advertisement

6 was James Ryan and 2 was either Eoin O Neil or Nick Quane, not sure who was playing 2 or 3 but they were the two props anyway.

6 was James Ryan and 2 was either Eoin O Neil or Nick Quane, not sure who was playing 2 or 3 but they were the two props anyway.

Thought they'd be "Saving" James Ryan for the cup...:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭6dsp9

2 was richie allen I think

Quint2010 wrote: »
    For a Clongowes boy you sure do show alot of man love for 'Michaels..:D Terenure played pretty much their full team against 'Rock in fairness and were only missing their injured out half.
    I was in St. Michaels for 3 years before I went to Clongowes in 1st year. Always keep my eye on Michaels, especially since I rarely get the chance to go down to Clongowes and watch them play. Who's the Terenure out half ?

I was in St. Michaels for 3 years before I went to Clongowes in 1st year. Always keep my eye on Michaels, especially since I rarely get the chance to go down to Clongowes and watch them play. Who's the Terenure out half ?

I imagine it's stephen o'neill,broke his ankle during the 19s interpros

6dsp9 wrote: »
    Are him and James Ryan both 4th years?

Ah right fair enough. Stephen O'Neill is the Terenure OH. He's really an outside centre IMO but played there last year. Broke his ankle for Leinster U19's back in September. Due back soon.

Don't know what I was saying there, meant to say 1 and 3, didn't know who the hooker was but yeah it was Allen.

Are him and James Ryan both 4th years?

Ryan and Deegan(no. 8) were both 4th years in the pack. O Meara and Duggan were in the back line. Richie Allen is a 6th year I believe.

Ryan and Deegan(no. 8) were both 4th years in the pack. O Meara and Duggan were in the back line. Richie Allen is a 6th year I believe.
    Jeez 4 fourth years,I cant see them all starting in the cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭FatFosi12

Is Conor Duffy not playing hooker for Michaels this year? Saw him playing for U19's at an Interpro warm up game in the summer against Connacht in Kildare RFC.

FatFosi12 wrote: »
    Is Conor Duffy not playing hooker for Michaels this year? Saw him playing for U19's at an Interpro warm up game in the summer against Connacht in Kildare RFC.

he was on the bench. who was the 8 playing that day for the 19s?total slug of a player

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

Terenure beat cbc cork 6 - 3

Ryan is a giant for a boy in 4th year. Allen and Moloney are big units as well. Michaels certainly have the size advantage over Rock and Clongowes, not sure what Terenure's pack is like.

Nures pack is big. Craig Trenier, Rob Moore, Rob Somerville, and then they're complimented by Paddy Thornton who is excellent around the park and Mike Murphy is a grafter at 4. Dave Doyle hopefully has calmed down as a player, scored a good try against Rock last year then was only on the pitch a minute against Gonzaga before he got binned.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭goreyguy

Who would be the top 5 players playing in the cup this year?

FatFosi12 wrote: »
    Nures pack is big. Craig Trenier, Rob Moore, Rob Somerville, and then they're complimented by Paddy Thornton who is excellent around the park and Mike Murphy is a grafter at 4. Dave Doyle hopefully has calmed down as a player, scored a good try against Rock last year then was only on the pitch a minute against Gonzaga before he got binned.
    Rob Moore? Think you might be mistaken there, maybe you mean rob lawlor who is a tank! They also have borza too

fox_1973 wrote: »
    Rob Moore? Think you might be mistaken there, maybe you mean rob lawlor who is a tank! They also have borza too

what position is rob lawlor? andy roche is a but of a mutant too

what position is rob lawlor? andy roche is a but of a mutant too
    He was second row with somerville for last weeks game against marys not sure what position he played today but he has played 6 too

• Advertisement

I did mean Rob Lawlor yeah. And yeah Andy Roche is a big, big boy! Don't rate Borza whatsoever

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement