Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Schools Rugby 2012-2013 [Provincial Schools Thread Link in Post 1]

Options
19495969798100»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rughug

looks like its roscrea are going to get revenge on michaels in the cup final this year for the first round last year #cupfever
    My dear man you are dreaming.The cannon fodder have been lined up to allow for the Dream Final on march 18. Just imagine the atmosphere and the buildup. Who will have bragging rights after Paddys weekend. Looks like its all set up for Rock now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jimmyrosser

Presumptuous.

yes i am, but arnt most people on this thread presumptuous. roscrea knocked out the favourites for the cup with a brilliant performance. now people are saying they have next to no chance for the cup. i just think that no pack is as good as the nure pack and there deffenetly isn't a team with the same quality or strength as that backline either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Woody1997

Presumptuous.

And wholly untrue

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭The Pheasant

yes i am, but arnt most people on this thread presumptuous. roscrea knocked out the favourites for the cup with a brilliant performance. now people are saying they have next to no chance for the cup. i just think that no pack is as good as the nure pack and there deffenetly isn't a team with the same quality or strength as that backline either.
    Nobodies saying they have no next to chance, but you're acting like it's a foregone conclusion that they'll beat blackrock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Woody1997

There are multiple teams with packs as good as Terenure and you are clearly a roscrea past pupil so please stop being presumptuous as you are biased

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 jimmyrosser

Nobodies saying they have no next to chance, but you're acting like it's a foregone conclusion that they'll beat blackrock

yes, it will be though match, but with a pack as big as there's is and a backline with as much pace as they have, they will certainly give rock the toughest competion yet this year in the cup. blackrock have not had to play teams of a high standard yet this cup campaign as the likes off roscrea and michaels.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rughug

its_phil wrote: »
    Rock v CCR
    Bridge v Michaels
    Presume both are in Donnybrook are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

yes, it will be though match, but with a pack as big as there's is and a backline with as much pace as they have, they will certainly give rock the toughest competion yet this year in the cup. blackrock have not had to play teams of a high standard yet this cup campaign as the likes off roscrea and michaels.

I think Roscrea have a great chance. Terenure schooled the 'Rock pack-Timoney, Loughman, O'Connor and all-back in October. I would expect Roscrea to get the better of them up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 RossBrah

Delighted with that draw the dream final is on.. Roscrea v Newbridge

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭The Pheasant

rughug wrote: »
    Presume both are in Donnybrook are they?
    Yep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Quint2010 wrote: »
    I think Roscrea have a great chance. Terenure schooled the 'Rock pack-Timoney, Loughman, O'Connor and all-back in October. I would expect Roscrea to get the better of them up front.

Also let's remember that far more recently Terenure were embarrassed by Methody up front a week after Blackrock schooled Methody up front away in Belfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭funtime93

rughug wrote: »
    One has to imagine that Charlie Rock is cruising around South Dublin tonight , smiling in his rear view mirror with visions of him lifting the cup in front of 15 thousand screaming Rock supporters on March 18.
    15,000 rock fans?Dream on and i'd say its the Michaels captain who's most pleased with the draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sitchu

Newbridge's 10 is the best 10 in the cup, and their front row is just as good as Roscrea's, Newbridge have bet Roscrea and lost to them in a game they should have won, to write Newbridge off completely is unjustifiable. Also the team has 12 5th years on the starting 15, no less than 10 at any given time during a match, dark horses this year serious contenders next with the current 5th and 4th years coming up. The 4th years got to the junior final so the will only get better.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭amtw

Is it just me or would anyone else just love to see a Roscrea - Newbridge final?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 QuintlLife

funtime93 wrote: »
    15,000 rock fans?Dream on and i'd say its the Michaels captain who's most pleased with the draw.

With the Roscrea pack demolition of the gik, and Blackrocks demolition of Kilkenny in the first half, it can only be Newbridge College captain Brian Hayden who is the happiest man of the moment. Although they will be bookies favourites, Michaels will have a handful to deal with. Massive front row from the Kildare boys, combined with the explosive Darcy and Healey outside their number 10.

Can see a black & white final of Newbridge & Roscrea in the RDS

• Registered Users Posts: 11,010 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

A lot of the posts made tonight are going to be a pain in the ass for the mods in the morning which is the last thing they need especially given the day that's in it.

I actually agree with the posters who are saying that Newbridge are being shown a lack of respect by a lot people here and not getting the recognition that deserve. However for any Newbridge students reading this and feel aggrieved I'd say writing here isn't the place, let Micheals or any of the other sides talk you down, dismiss you and expect a walk over and save up any frustration for game day whether you're on the pitch or in the stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

nearly all of last nights posts deleted

Thread is now being locked as the Ireland match on today.

Not sure when we will reopen it if we actually do at all

new thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056890737 read post 1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement