Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Schools Rugby 2012-2013 [Provincial Schools Thread Link in Post 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

fox_1973 wrote: »
    He was second row with somerville for last weeks game against marys not sure what position he played today but he has played 6 too

Wonder will he displace Murphy-who played last year-at second row? He is certainly a bigger unit than Murphy.
    FatFosi12 wrote: »
    I did mean Rob Lawlor yeah. And yeah Andy Roche is a big, big boy! Don't rate Borza whatsoever

Borza was good in his junior years and this will be his 3rd senior campaign but he looks very unfit this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Wonder will he displace Murphy-who played last year-at second row? He is certainly a bigger unit than Murphy.

Borza was good in his junior years and this will be his 3rd senior campaign but he looks very unfit this season.

Well the competition is definately on for the two second row spots, id say somerville will get one, he played 5 last year with a sixth year whose name i just cant recall now, but Lawlor could take the other spot, not sure why murphy wasnt playing last week, he didnt look to be injured

fox_1973 wrote: »
    Well the competition is definately on for the two second row spots, id say somerville will get one, he played 5 last year with a sixth year whose name i just cant recall now, but Lawlor could take the other spot, not sure why murphy wasnt playing last week, he didnt look to be injured

Murphy was the other second row with Somerville last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

Murphy was the other second row with Somerville last year.
    Oh right, my mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 46 charliemant

Terenure vs cbc cork result ??
    Junior

• Advertisement

Terenure vs cbc cork result ??junior

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭schools rugby

Who is playing 12 for Terenure ?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭FatFosi12

Is it Colin Jones? He was incredible in the cup last year.

Who is playing 12 for Terenure ?

Harrison Brewer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭6dsp9

Harrison Brewer

I remember lots of talk about Colin Jones on this thread last year. Is he back again? magical footballer

• Advertisement

6dsp9 wrote: »
    I remember lots of talk about Colin Jones on this thread last year. Is he back again? magical footballer

No he's left and is overage anyway.

I do remember him being excellent. Scored tries in every round didn't he? So while O'Neill is sidelined, who is playing in the 13 jersey? A centre partnership of Dardis and Brewer would be potent to watch.

I do remember him being excellent. Scored tries in every round didn't he? So while O'Neill is sidelined, who is playing in the 13 jersey? A centre partnership of Dardis and Brewer would be potent to watch.

No Jones didn't score in the semi's. No idea who is playing 13 right now. Dardis could possibly play OH if needs be(he played there for Newbridge juniors) but I would be majorly surprised if he lined out in the cup anywhere else but full back..

Any junior cup results?

Ah yes you're right. Apparently he's naturally a 10, but they have Gary Clarkin as a potential 10 if they need him.

Found out lads, this is their first choice backline now : Schmit, Jake Swaine, Robbie Carroll, Brewer at 13, Tom O'Brien Dardis and Madigan

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭goreyguy

Found out lads, this is their first choice backline now :.Schmit, Jake Swaine, Robbie Carroll, Brewer at 13, Tom O'Brien Dardis and Madigan

wait what? doesn't make much sense to me.

Found out lads, this is their first choice backline now : Schmit, Jake Swaine, Robbie Carroll, Brewer at 13, Tom O'Brien Dardis and Madigan

Pretty sure the game's I have seen this year that Brewer has been playing 12 plus he played there for Leinster this season. With O'Neill to come back that's the most potent backline in the competition IMO.

Maybe he is at 12.. I think they may be too heavily reliant on Brewer though. Have they got a 10 that can control the game and kick corners when needed?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 breffnimartin1

http://www.youtube.com/user/breffnimartin?feature=results_main

Some video from a few senior games, pres bray, castleknock, roscrea, gerards etc...

• Advertisement

Fergal Cleary outside Brewer was an excellent partnership this year. He's going to be excellent for Clongowes in the Cup.

Also, I remember a lot of talk about Sean Moran, the CCR prop forward, from last year. By chance I saw him today playing for IT Carlow in a JP Fanagan Pennant game against UCD in Belfield. Must be on a scholarship down there! Some impressive lads for UCD I must say, just hope that they're considered for Leinster 20's if any of them are eligible.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mrpdap

Terenure vs cbc cork result ??junior

Senior, CBC 3, Terenure 6. no scores in second half

No Jones didn't score in the semi's. No idea who is playing 13 right now. Dardis could possibly play OH if needs be(he played there for Newbridge juniors) but I would be majorly surprised if he lined out in the cup anywhere else but full back..

I hear from a reliable source he's going to a Championship side in England for a trial. Great to see talent getting an opportunity

Also, I remember a lot of talk about Sean Moran, the CCR prop forward, from last year. By chance I saw him today playing for IT Carlow in a JP Fanagan Pennant game against UCD in Belfield. Must be on a scholarship down there! Some impressive lads for UCD I must say, just hope that they're considered for Leinster 20's if any of them are eligible.

what players did you notice?

Number 8, didn't catch his name, very solid and powerful. And the second row, number 5, he ran the lineout very well and was good round the park too, quite skilled now that I think of it. And the backline were good overall, few great touches by Inside Centre. They made hard work of a fairly poor Carlow side though.

Rotherham Titans to be precise, big Irish connections over there. Shane Cahill from Rock SCT few years back is there and playing very well from what I hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭TheKeenMachine

Number 8, didn't catch his name, very solid and powerful. And the second row, number 5, he ran the lineout very well and was good round the park too, quite skilled now that I think of it. And the backline were good overall, few great touches by Inside Centre. They made hard work of a fairly poor Carlow side though.

The 5 is Shane Grannell isn't it? Far too old for under 20s if so.

No no, Grannell is playing number 8 currently for the UCD AIL team and has been moving around positions 4/6/8.

• Advertisement

The 5 is Shane Grannell isn't it? Far too old for under 20s if so.

No Grannell plays for the UCD 1st XV

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement