Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosanna Davison denies mini marathon cheat claims

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

micropig wrote: »
    You'd probably discover you were riding someone else when you finish

Poor old Carmel. Still though, you'd be done in record time.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭CageWager

ThisRegard wrote: »
    She's wearing a cotton t-shirt and there's not a bit of sweat on her, pretty impressive for someone who ran 10k, no matter what the actual time is, on a warm day.

No chance she stuck on a fresh t-shirt when getting her makeup done then?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

CageWager wrote: »
    No chance she stuck on a fresh t-shirt when getting her makeup done then?

And reattached her number?

The photo is supposed to be her just having crossed the finish line, there[s is no way you would look like that even on a cool day!

The whole thing stinks, and I hope she's found out about it.

She's a hypocrite anyway....running for ISPCA and loving animals yet she promotes Greyhound racing, that is not popular among animal rights people.

http://www.clickonline.com/gossip/christmas-crackers-georgia-salpa,-rosanna-davison,-miss-universe-ireland-aoife-hannon/3966/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

the ISPCA has the highest kill rate of any animal shelter in the country IIRC. you're better off supporting another organization anyway imo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

How bad do you have to be to cheat in a 10k race

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭cbyrne11

Jester252 wrote: »
    How bad do you have to be to cheat in a 10k race

Latest from the ISPCA on their facebook page

"Rosanna Davison has been very supportive of the ISPCA for a number of years giving up her time free of charge to help promote the work of the society in aiding needy animals.
    Rosanna kindly volunteered to attend a photo call in St. Stephen’s Green on Bank Holiday Monday 5th June prior to the women’s mini marathon to highlight the fact that many, many women compete in the event on behalf of the ISPCA.
    While Rosanna had not personally fundraised or sought sponsorship she wanted to participate in the event to support the ISPCA. As she did not have a race number with her on the day an ISPCA staff member offered Rosanna a number they had registered in their own name (11542) before the event commenced.
    Rosanna has confirmed that she fully participated in the marathon and we have no reason to query this. The time that it took Rosanna to complete the marathon has no bearing on the ISPCA."

Seems the story has changed again, now she just ran the time, no mention of this other person running back to give her the number or anything, still no mention of her coming out of a house in Leeson street!

Interesting to note that she didn't even raise money or look for any kind of sponsorship!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,472 ✭✭✭✭28064212

They're obviously shifting the blame to her, nothing to do with them: "Rosanna has confirmed that she fully participated in the marathon and we have no reason to query this". When Rosanna finally has to own up, they can just act shocked and claim they had no idea

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

cbyrne11 wrote: »

"Rosanna Davison has been very supportive of the ISPCA for a number of years giving up her time free of charge to help promote the work of the society in aiding needy animals.
    Rosanna kindly volunteered to attend a photo call in St. Stephen’s Green on Bank Holiday Monday 5th June prior to the women’s mini marathon to highlight the fact that many, many women compete in the event on behalf of the ISPCA.
    While Rosanna had not personally fundraised or sought sponsorship she wanted to participate in the event to support the ISPCA. As she did not have a race number with her on the day an ISPCA staff member offered Rosanna a number they had registered in their own name (11542) before the event commenced.
    Rosanna has confirmed that she fully participated in the marathon and we have no reason to query this. The time that it took Rosanna to complete the marathon has no bearing on the ISPCA."

Seems the story has changed again, now she just ran the time, no mention of this other person running back to give her the number or anything, still no mention of her coming out of a house in Leeson street!

Interesting to note that she didn't even raise money or look for any kind of sponsorship!

Distancing themselves slowly:pac:

Ispca Website 23 May 2012

"The ISPCA is calling on women to join Rosanna Davison to walk, run or jog for animal welfare in the Flora Women’s Mini Marathon on 4th June to help raise much needed funds to protect animals from cruelty, neglect and abuse.

We are delighted Rosanna Davison will be joining Team ISPCA again this year and we hope to encourage 500 women to get involved. The charity relies heavily on fundraisers like the women’s mini marathon to continue our work and every footstep will make a huge difference for so many animals that need our help. Sign up today for your ISPCA Marathon Pack!!"

They had the date of the marathon wrong on their web page :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

They have spotted that it's dodgy and want nothing to do with her. That is good.

Just down to Ms Davison to account for the number making it from the start line to the finish line in 43 minutes through the crowds now despite it not crossing the start until 20 minutes after the gun went off and her stopping on the way to touch up the makeup.

robinph wrote: »
    They have spotted that it's dodgy and want nothing to do with her. That is good.

Just down to Ms Davison to account for the number making it from the start line to the finish line in 43 minutes through the crowds now despite it not crossing the start until 20 minutes after the gun went off and her stopping on the way to touch up the makeup.

Nah she won't have to account for anything, this is done everyone kinda knows what happened anyway. I'm sure she'll call it bullying in a bit when everyone has forgotten about her, or maybe she'll sue them like she did ryanair.

I'd say she's more than likely on her way to Marbella now safe in the knowledge that the Sun and the Indo won't dare ask her if she cheated!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

not in the least bit surprised.
    there was obvious shenanigans when she won Miss World, they could just never be proved.
    glad to see her getting caught red-handed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

ISPCA didn't really help her, they came out with a load of conflicting stories full of holes, made everyone even more suspisious, and are now distancing themselves from it!
    They should have said nothing and the story would have disappeared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Lady in red face. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

I've no idea who Rosanna Davidson is.

Of course you don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

This story is so unbelievable, they should have just kept shut about it. If Carmel crossed the start line and then turned to run back to rosanna, well that would have taken probably 5-10 minutes by the time she found her, put the number on properly etc.

So that means that Rosanna did the mini
    marathon in 35-40 minutes. Very impressive considering the winners time. She could make a full time career out of it(!).

I'd prefer if they were upfront and honest and just said Rosanna was purely there from a PR standpoint and didn't compete. Thousands of women, including myself, completed the mini-marathon and raised money for worthwhile charities in the process. Rosanna didn't even raise any money and has probably damaged the ISPCA's reputation in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

lizt wrote: »
    Thousands of women, including myself, completed the marathon

Mini-marathon?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

not in the least bit surprised.
    there was obvious shenanigans when she won Miss World, they could just never be proved.
    glad to see her getting caught red-handed.

Care to expand PM please.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

I just went to Carmel's fundraising page. After all her hardwork (3 times) she has only been pledged €50 from her target of €500. Feel sorry for the heroine of the story :(

http://www.mycharity.ie/event/carmel_murrays_marathon_event/

I just went to Carmel's fundraising page. After all her hardwork (3 times) she has only been pledged €50 from her target of €500. Feel sorry for the heroine of the story :(

I wonder was it Rosanna who sponsored her the €40?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Irish Society Promoting Cheating Athletes

• Advertisement

BornToKill wrote: »
    Thousands of women, including myself, completed the marathon

Mini-marathon?
    Changed now, pissed off at myself now because I hate when people call it a marathon.

In fairness she works for the charity, I say all her friends are fed up with being asked to sponsor her the whole time!

She might have recieved sponsorship from friends and family in person and not logged it into the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

cbyrne11 wrote: »

It's more than ridiculous at this stage, would the ISPCA not just come out and tell the truth, we aren't going to kill them, just come out and BE HONEST, one thing the Irish people hate is being lied to and treated like imbiciles.

How was she allowed run without and official number?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

fullstop wrote: »
    Of course you don't.

:confused:
    She is some Irish celeb of some sort from what I can gather.
    I don't watch telly much, and never read mags or anything.
    Ok, just googled her there because I thought maybe I do know of her - I've never seen her before.
    Wikipedia says she was miss world?
    She doesn't really seem pretty enough for that.
    Meh - I don't know - I've never watched miss world.
    I've seen the rose of tralee though.

She had to give €1.50 to cover fees on the website:(

1 Mycharity.ie charges a fee of 1% on every donation made.

3.1.2 The processing bank charges a fee of 2% of every donation made

:confused:
    She is some Irish celeb of some sort from what I can gather.
    I don't watch telly much, and never read mags or anything.
    Ok, just googled her there because I thought maybe I do know of her - I've never seen her before.
    Wikipedia says she was miss world?
    She doesn't really seem pretty enough for that.
    Meh - I don't know - I've never watched miss world.
    I've seen the rose of tralee though.

Chris DeBurghs' Daughter;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

micropig wrote: »
    Chris DeBurghs' Daughter;)

Ahh. Good old nepotism. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Has anyone ever tried to run against the volume of women in the mini marathon once it gets going? I'd bet it's incredible difficult if not near impossible!

Myself and a few mates tried crossing the mini marathon in Ballsbridge once as well we needed to get to the other side of the road. It was unpleasant for all involved!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

Changed now, pissed off at myself now because I hate when people call it a marathon.

Ah, I was only messing.:D

Advertisement