Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosanna Davison denies mini marathon cheat claims

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

- I think Rosanna ran.

- Rosanna had no number.

- Carmel ran back to give Rosanna her number.(for pictures at the end).

- Rosanna said she ran it in over an hour. The extra time on her run would account for her doing her hair and make up 1km away from the finish line.

- ISCPA raise money and gets good publicity.

- Everybody goes home happy.

- Nobody gives a damn anyway.

The End

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Oranage2 wrote: »

- ISCPA raise money and gets good publicity.

Not getting good publicity now. If she cheated and did not run the race she should come clean.
    I believe she is capable of running the mini marathon but not in 43 min.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

“I registered and paid to enter as an elite runner but the acceptance letter was packed in a box when we moved house,” she told ‘The Star. “This mean I wasn’t able to collect the number from the RDS and they don’t let you in without a form,” she said.

Elite runners need proof they have proof of 10k time of less the 45min in a race in the last two years. What race has she run in this time recently?

The entry letter can be reprinted at any time from the Flora Womens Mini Marathon website

• Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭Wossack

hmm, conflicting reports from the irishtimes, and the independant:

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2012/0607/1224317443659.html
    vs
    http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/independent-woman/celebrity-news-gossip/rosanna-davison-denies-mini-marathon-cheat-claims-3131761.html

Irish times have Carmel herself saying that Rosanna didnt manage to register in time, whereas the indo says she registered as an elite runner, but lost the acceptance letter. Both say she ran via her number

The Irish Times mentions her notable recent runs, lowest 10k time mentioned was 48mins, but if she registered as an elite, as per the indo, she needs to prove a sub 45min time

as my initial wave of irrelevance has subsided, I do reckon theres more to this then is being told..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Well yeah there's a chance she stopped at 9km to top up the make up, knowing that at the finish line, she'd be photographed.
    If she got her time (which included running past everyone too) with a makeup, hair and change of clothes pitstop in the race, the organisers of the Olympics should just give her the gold medal now, and we can watch the 10,000m and put bets on how much Roseanna Davidson will beat the world record by. If she started at the front of the pack she would have won the mini marathon by a mile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Mat the trasher

So book of evidence!

Factual, she was past the finish line 68' 15" after gun start (press photo)
    Factual, couldn't start in elite group, (her words, no letter to get number)
    Presumption, had to start back in joggers group.
    Presumption, as Carmels number took 20mins to activate at start from gun start, she would have to have crossed the line within 8mins of gun start to make the photo. Unlikely but possible.

Conclsuion, runs from back of the pack, 10.2km (approx for rear group) through some 8000(guess open to correction) wimmins in near personal best time, shows up for photo shot looking dry and with make up on.

Secondly, both Carmel and Ms Davison would need a number to enter the start area I understand, why then would they need to swap numbers, or better again how did no.11524 cross the finish line 43mins after crossing the start line, who wouldn't be proud of that time?

All sounds like bull****.

Really pisses on the people who make the effort to do the training, raise the money, complete the race honestly in whatever time.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭cbyrne11

So book of evidence!

Presumption, as Carmels number took 20mins to activate at start from gun start, she would have to have crossed the line within 8mins of gun start to make the photo. Unlikely but possible.

Conclsuion, runs from back of the pack, 10.2km (approx for rear group) through some 8000(guess open to correction) wimmins in near personal best time, shows up for photo shot looking dry and with make up on.

Secondly, both Carmel and Ms Davison would need a number to enter the start area I understand, why then would they need to swap numbers, or better again how did no.11524 cross the finish line 43mins after crossing the start line, who wouldn't be proud of that time?

Really pisses on the people who make the effort to do the training, raise the money, complete the race honestly in whatever time.

Think it's obvious what happened, unfortunately this story will die out, would love to see her grilled on it but that's not how the press in this country works, doesn't matter to her either way but for the ISPCA it's a disaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Wossack wrote: »
    hmm, conflicting reports from the irishtimes, and the independant:

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2012/0607/1224317443659.html
    vs
    http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/independent-woman/celebrity-news-gossip/rosanna-davison-denies-mini-marathon-cheat-claims-3131761.html

Irish times have Carmel herself saying that Rosanna didnt manage to register in time, whereas the indo says she registered as an elite runner, but lost the acceptance letter. Both say she ran via her number

The Irish Times mentions her notable recent runs, lowest 10k time mentioned was 48mins, but if she registered as an elite, as per the indo, she needs to prove a sub 45min time

as my initial wave of irrelevance has subsided, I do reckon theres more to this then is being told..

And all of that is a different story to the one from Lahvline yesterday when some dude was on from the ISPCA, neither stories tally.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

So book of evidence!

Think there were twitter pictures from Davisons phone posted from the mass start area so it's plausible she was actually at the start herself.

Davison herself was in the start area wearing Carmels number. Crosses the start line. Takes a short cut to Leeson Street for a cup of tea and to redo the makeup. Rejoins the course about an hour after the start gun went off but had forgotten that it had taken her 20 minutes to cross the line in the first place.

The statements from ISPCA and Davison today should have been saying "Oops, sorry. We fecked up and did the publicity stunt wrong. We were stupid and it won't happen again. Hey, we look after cute animals" Then we'd all walk away and just ignore it.
    Instead they are claiming that a 43minute 10km is possible through a crowd of 40,000 other people and to still have time to fix the hair and makeup ready for a photoshoot at the finish line.

She is capable of a decent 10km time. She didn't run 43 minutes for 10km around that course on Monday though. That much improvement in those conditions in 8 weeks just didn't happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

What I don't get about this is why they would want to lie about it :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,061 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

+1

It's not as if she has anything to gain by cheating in a bloody charity run, or telling porkies about her finish time. I still think it's much ado about nothing, but if there's any reason it's probably one of shameless self-promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CommanderC

Gaz wrote: »
    Give a f**k ?

Of course they do. It is AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭28064212

They wanted the publicity of Rosanna "running", but either it didn't suit her, she didn't register properly, they didn't want her looking like she just ran 10k or they wanted a better time than she could do. When they were caught, they should have just admitted it. Instead they went defensive, thinking they'd get away with it

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Because they didn't think it would get noticed, thought nothing of it and just decided to stick to their story. But then the story started to fall apart because it was full of holes and held together with other stories full of holes. Now they are releasing contradictory stories that are full of yet more holes.

They wanted someone to appear in the press the next day wearing their t-shirt, which is perfectly fine way of trying to get publicity for the charity. They didn't realise that the race numbers had chips in them and it would be noticed that an impossible time had been recorded when she walked out of Leeson Street with her fresh makeup on. Loads of people cheat in this particular event, she just got caught on the front of the papers doing it and has tried to deny it badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Make her run it again, in the nip.

I wonder will they put her head on the medals next year:pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Even with any evidence that she cheated, any race that runs to official rules should state that if a competitor that leaves the track or sanctioned running area and then returns to complete the event (for any reason other than medical attention), should be disqualified. Wording should be similar to this, but not exact.

She still cheated, one way or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bigyawn

Unfortunately I've seen plenty claim it on Facebook the past couple of days.

There is a massive difference between 10 km and 26.2 miles. It just looks completely stupid when you see people patting themselves on the back for having completed their first marathon, when all they've done is a 10 km stroll!

Yeah I know guys who have completed the Iron Man piss all over marathon runners for just doing the 26.2 miles.
    Im with them to be honest.

bigyawn wrote: »
    Yeah Ive know guys who completed the Iron Man piss all over marathon runners for just doing 26.2 miles. Im with them to be honest.

What are your own distances and times?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bigyawn

Bed time 10.30pm
    Wake up 8.30am

Lunch time 1 to 2

Star work 9.30
    Go home 5.00

Need anymore let me know.

Marathon runner are you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Regardless of whether she cheated or not, how would the number have gotten from the start line to finish line in 43 mins?

There are only a few possibilities;

1. Someone actually ran the race in that time.
    2. The number was activated, and then brought further up the course outside the race.
    3. The time was manually entered in to the database.

Option 3 could have happened whereby someone was told to put Rosanna's time in, and they did so not realising her name wasn't associated with the number on her shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Yeah I know guys who have completed the Iron Man piss all over marathon runners for just doing the 26.2 miles.
    Im with them to be honest.
    Are the marathon runners claiming they've done an Iron Man race?

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

Bed time 10.30pm
    Wake up 8.30am

Lunch time 1 to 2

Star work 9.30
    Go home 5.00

Need anymore let me know.

Marathon runner are you?

Sounds good:D Any hints on shortcuts?

28064212 wrote: »
    Are the marathon runners claiming they've done an Iron Man race?

No, their only role in the story is getting blasted with p1ss by the Iron men

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Cianos wrote: »
    Regardless of whether she cheated or not, how would the number have gotten from the start line to finish line in 43 mins?

There are only a few possibilities;

1. Someone actually ran the race in that time.
    2. The number was activated, and then brought further up the course outside the race.
    3. The time was manually entered in to the database.

Option 3 could have happened whereby someone was told to put Rosanna's time in, and they did so not realising her name wasn't associated with the number on her shirt.

Do you really think they have a lad there typing 40,000 names and times into a database? :rolleyes:

stimpson wrote: »
    Do you really think they have a lad there typing 40,000 names and times into a database? :rolleyes:

His typing speed must be up there with Rosannas running speed;)

I wonder if he made any other errors.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

stimpson wrote: »

Of course not. The names and times would be entered automatically, but that doesn't mean a manual entry couldn't have been made anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

squod wrote: »
    I'd still ride her.

I wouldn't, not after this news. I'm a man of principle.

dan185 wrote: »
    I wouldn't, not after this news. I'm a man of principle.

You'd probably discover you were riding someone else when you finish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

That's why Jesus created imagination, mister.

Advertisement