Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosanna Davison denies mini marathon cheat claims

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Has anyone ever tried to run against the volume of women in the mini marathon once it gets going? I'd bet it's incredible difficult if not near impossible!

Myself and a few mates tried crossing the mini marathon in Ballsbridge once as well we needed to get to the other side of the road. It was unpleasant for all involved!

No problem for Carmel. She's able to run against the crowd and find Rosanna in record time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

its always been one of the great mysteries to me how a relation of Chris de Burgh won a beauty contest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Gaz wrote: »
    Give a f**k ?

Given the merest whiff of a chance: yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭CageWager

micropig wrote: »
    Chris DeBurghs' Daughter;)

never heard of him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

CageWager wrote: »
    never heard of him

Yes you have.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

BornToKill wrote: »
    its always been one of the great mysteries to me how a relation of Chris de Burgh won a beauty contest.

Liv Tyler and her old man is another similar mystery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Is this the gal that gives advice re affairs contrary to what she said after her da was guilty of slipping one into blonde hair/blue jeans?
    I think we should be told!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,683 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

kincsem wrote: »
    Lady in red face. :pac:

Missing You (at the starting line)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

Spread wrote: »
    Is this the gal that gives advice re affairs contrary to what she said after her da was guilty of slipping one into blonde hair/blue jeans?
    I think we should be told!

De Burgh has pursued and won 16 defamation actions.[6] The Irish Independent said he has always been a bit prickly about criticism. Peter Crawley, a theatre reviewer at The Irish Times, found this out the hard way when he wrote a less than sympathetic review of de Burgh's show in Dublin's Gaiety Theatre in September 2009. Crawley noted: "He departs the stage for 'Lady in Red', invading boxes and draping himself over audience members ... Certain toes will never uncurl after this experience, but it is almost admirable how unaltered de Burgh has remained by the flow of time." In a lengthy, much-publicised reply to the critic, de Burgh made his feelings known, particularly in the postscript:-
    "We were wondering by way of explanation and, as you seem to portray yourself as a bitter and unfulfilled man, were you much teased by your school chums in the schoolyard and called 'Creepy Crawley'?" De Burgh wrote.[7]

Just sayin':pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

lizt wrote: »
    Changed now, pissed off at myself now because I hate when people call it a marathon.

Isnt it just like calling a mini snickers a snickers ? Yes its not a regular full sized snickers but its still a flippin snickers.

Who really cares ffs ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

I've no idea who Rosanna Davidson is.
    I'm not bothered enough to google her.
    But why do people care about these things?
    I really do not get it.
    So effing what if someone cheated in a mini marathon?!

She's in most newspapers all the time, and has been for years. I am astonished that you haven't heard of her. Skeptical even.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

phasers wrote: »
    This makes no sense...

It really, really doesn't. She wouldn't stand to interrogation very well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Can everyone stop talking about chocolate bars. I didn't even want one a few minutes ago. There's a cream egg in the press and i've done very well not to eat it yet.

mikemac1 wrote: »
    She is an ambassador for the charity
    The photos were take before the race

The ISPCA booked a block of numbers and put them all in the name of one of their officers.
    If one of their runners needed a number they get one of these
    If ten or twenty or whatever number of people in your office were running it then your office could have block booked a set of numbers too

What a non-story spun out of nothing

Why didn't Rosanna just explain that? Would have cleared up the confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

No one has explained how the 43mins was achieved.
    Here what i think happen.
    The ISPCA woman started the race and then took a shortcut to Rosanna on Leeson st. Gave her the number and when Rosanna crossed the line, the 43 mins were registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

St.Spodo wrote: »
    She's in most newspapers all the time, and has been for years. I am astonished that you haven't heard of her. Skeptical even.

I don't buy newspapers either!
    I've heard the name before I think - but in that kind of background noise way - like it went over my head or something.
    Never knew anything about her at all until about an hour ago.
    Bit odd that you'd be skeptical - why would I say that otherwise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

Cheat or no cheat I would still like to be inside her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Cheat or no cheat I would still like to be inside her.

Would you perform autofellatio after:D

*I do apologise, but everytme i see you post something I feel obliged to post a reply with 'autofellatio'

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Would you perform autofellatio after:D

*I do apologise, but everytme i see you post something I feel obliged to post a reply with 'autofellatio'

Oh please :eek: - some of us are having lunch here - Joe on Da Lahvline is hard enough to stomach without this kind of talk :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Oh please :eek: - some of us are having lunch here - Joe on Da Lahvline is hard enough to stomach without this kind of talk :D

You love it really;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Shryke wrote: »
    Can everyone stop talking about chocolate bars. I didn't even want one a few minutes ago. There's a cream egg in the press and i've done very well not to eat it yet.
    A cream egg or a mini cream egg?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

LordSmeg wrote: »
    Isnt it just like calling a mini snickers a snickers ? Yes its not a regular full sized snickers but its still a flippin snickers.

Who really cares ffs ?

Nope, it would be like calling a peanut a mini-snickers.

A mini-marathon has nothing to do with a marathon except they are generally running races.

bluewolf wrote: »
    they're grumbling about a 10k people insist on calling a marathon

Well, they call it a mini-marathon, no-one's claiming it's a proper marathon. And for a lot of people, running 10k would be a massive achievement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

micropig wrote: »
    De Burgh has pursued and won 16 defamation actions.[6] The Irish Independent said he has always been a bit prickly about criticism. Peter Crawley, a theatre reviewer at The Irish Times, found this out the hard way when he wrote a less than sympathetic review of de Burgh's show in Dublin's Gaiety Theatre in September 2009. Crawley noted: "He departs the stage for 'Lady in Red', invading boxes and draping himself over audience members ... Certain toes will never uncurl after this experience, but it is almost admirable how unaltered de Burgh has remained by the flow of time." In a lengthy, much-publicised reply to the critic, de Burgh made his feelings known, particularly in the postscript:-
    "We were wondering by way of explanation and, as you seem to portray yourself as a bitter and unfulfilled man, were you much teased by your school chums in the schoolyard and called 'Creepy Crawley'?" De Burgh wrote.[7]

Just sayin':pac::pac:

Thank you for that micropig. In future I'll pass my posts by Senior Counsel first :D
    This whole name-calling thing seems to be hereditary ........... AFAIK she called that other glamour model - with the permanently stapled eyebrow - HORSEFACE. It is almost akin to me calling him AN SELF-OBSESSED ADULTEROUS DWARF :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

robinph wrote: »
    Nope, it would be like calling a peanut a mini-snickers.

A mini-marathon has nothing to do with a marathon except they are generally running races.

No it wouldnt, calling a peanut a mini snickers would be like calling a runner a mini marathon.

A mini marathon is a shortened version of what everyone knows as a marathon (long distance running event), according to wiki its also called a half marathon. So seeing as "marathon" is in the name of the thing its hardly ridiculous to call it a marathon. Like calling a quick kick around playing soccer, its not actually a game of soccer as defined by the laws and rules of the game but its not really a crime to refer to it as such.

No it wouldnt, calling a peanut a mini snickers would be like calling a runner a mini marathon.

A mini marathon is a shortened version of what everyone knows as a marathon (long distance running event), according to wiki its also called a half marathon. So seeing as "marathon" is in the name of the thing its hardly ridiculous to call it a marathon. Like calling a quick kick around playing soccer, its not actually a game of soccer as defined by the laws and rules of the game but its not really a crime to refer to it as such.

A marathon is an actual defined distance, a half marathon is unsurprisingly half of that distance. Marathon does not mean long distance running event, it means a running event that is a marathon distance.

A mini-marathon is a random distance and it has no reference to the distance that is a marathon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

Beeeatch is lucky I didn't clock her cheating when I was huffing and puffing over the finish line at 1.07 after fighting my way through the walkers in the so called jogging section! Would have been the last straw I tells ya!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

CageWager wrote: »
    never heard of him

He was a famous rapper who went by the name Ice be Burgh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Could I call a 100m sprint a 'micro-marathon'?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    Could I call a 100m sprint a 'micro-marathon'?

If you only joined in 10 metres from the end and then started posing for pictures you could call it a 'rosanna-thon'.

Advertisement