Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosanna Davison denies mini marathon cheat claims

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

seamus wrote: »
    It doesn't. But she's a model, not a mathematician.
    Swapping the numbers is irrelevant. The timing is done by a chip on the shoe which isn't that easy to swap over mid-race.
    So the other woman may well have gone back and given Rosanna her number without swapping the chip over. This would clock the other woman's time.

Her explanation doesn't really make sense - if she couldn't get into the race without a number, how did the other woman "run back" and give her the number?

I think there's probably a half-truth there that she didn't have her number, so the other woman went into the race, crossed the start line and then at some point gave her number to Rosanna, who jumped into the race while the other woman continued on with the chip and finished it.

They changed it this year, the chips were in strips attached the numbers - no shoe tags. So the number swapping is very relevent.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Looking for thanks?
    Why would someone give a crap about that either?!

I'm hardly worked up in fairness.
    I just asked a simple question.
    I've no idea who Rosanna Davidson is.
    I'm not bothered enough to google her.
    Then don't bother posting in the thread and find one you'd prefer to read, grand. Problem solved.
    But why do people care about these things?
    I really do not get it.
    So effing what if someone cheated in a mini marathon?!
    But no, you go on to question the thread and, in my opinion, belittle the people posting.

It's not just you btw, people do this all the time with stories like this so please don't think I'm personally getting at you. I'm just using your post as an example since it's right here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

“Carmel was ahead of me so it clocked her start time and she ran back and gave me the number so it clocked my finish time, giving me a time of 43 minutes,” she explains.

The model says she finished the race in just over an hour.

“Anyone suggesting that I tried to pull a fast one is talking nonsense,” she says.

Read more: http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/independent-woman/celebrity-news-gossip/rosanna-davison-denies-mini-marathon-cheat-claims-3131761.html?ino=2#wcol#ixzz1x78xvXtM

Does she know there is a big difference between finishing in 43 mins and 'just over an hour'?...nonsense indeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

They changed it this year, the chips were in strips attached the numbers - no shoe tags. So the number swapping is very relevent.

So the chip had to travel the full distance, but when Carmel stopped and went back to give it to Rosanna somehow it ended up being 10 minutes behind the winner.

Is Rosanna the Flash ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

The ISPCA’s press officer Carmel Murphy gave Rosanna her number.

“Carmel was ahead of me so it clocked her start time and she ran back and gave me the number so it clocked my finish time, giving me a time of 43 minutes,” she explains.

The model says she finished the race in just over an hour.

“Anyone suggesting that I tried to pull a fast one is talking nonsense,” she says.

So Carmel started the race before Rosanna, so the time for that number started counting before Rosana even started her race.

Rosanna then claims it clocked her finish time and thats why the time was out.

But that doesnt make sense:

Say it took Rossana 1 hour to finish the race like she claims, the number would have been started when Caramel started the race so however long it took Caramel to start the race and run back to Rossana should have been added to Rossana's time, not taken away :rolleyes:!

• Advertisement

So Carmel started the race before Rosanna, so the time for that number started counting before Rosana even started her race.

Rosanna then claims it clocked her finish time and thats why the time was out.

But that doesnt make sense:

Say it took Rossana 1 hour to finish the race like she claims, the number would have been started when Caramel started the race so however long it took Caramel to start the race and run back to Rossana should have been added to Rossana's time, not taken away :rolleyes:!

She had also time to stop in a hotel..to fix her make-up;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

All this running backwards and forwards is very confusing.

How many mini marathons did Carmel end up running? 3? Her own one, then running back to give Rosanna her number, then running back again to the finish line? Did poor Carmel get a clocked time at all?

That Carmel should be in the Olympics!

All this running backwards and forwards is very confusing.

How many mini marathons did Carmel end up running? 3? Her own one, then running back to give Rosanna her number, then running back again to the finish line? Did poor Carmel get a clocked time at all?

That Carmel should be in the Olympics!

All within 43 mins, Carmel, you're a hero!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,061 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Maybe she's lying but who really gives a toss? What's gonna happen if she is found out to have 'cheated', I use the term lightly as it isn't really a competition at the end of the day, it's a fcuking charity run. She didn't have anything to gain by knocking a few minutes off her time like.

Complete non-story imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Shryke wrote: »
    Good man. Quality input. Keep it coming.

That's what she said, or well he hopes! :D

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I think something funny is going on all right, it's not the first time she has done the marathon so she should have no problem competing.
    She cannot come out now and say she cheated, it will make her look really bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Rosanna and Carmel for the Olympic team! Not quite sure what event yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭dmcronin

du Maurier wrote: »
    Rosanna and Carmel for the Olympic team! Not quite sure what event yet...

Wet T Shirt Event :D

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭BigFatGiant

Is Carmel hot? I just seen the paper a few minutes ago. Rosanna looked a mess when she finished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

She clearly did not run anything like the full 10km, and Ms. Davison and the ISPCA would be better off coming cleaning and admitting what really happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

mikemac1 wrote: »
    She is an ambassador for the charity
    The photos were take before the race

They weren't. http://www.independent.ie/multimedia/archive/01061/0706-rosanna_1061747a.jpg

Her story has more holes than a colander.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

Well if you look behind her in pic above the time is 1:08 so that kinda agrees with her saying she did it in just over an hour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

So why does her chip have a time of 43 minutes, she looks as fresh as someone who just walked out of a make up studio. She's wearing a cotton t-shirt and there's not a bit of sweat on her, pretty impressive for someone who ran 10k, no matter what the actual time is, on a warm day.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭boarddotie

The other alternative is that Carmel Murphy ran the full race herself with her own number in 43 minutes. Then once Rosanna had finished and crossed the line without a number (technically now allowed) in an hour, Carmel gave Rosanna her number for the photocall purposes (once makeup was reapplied).

All in all, somebody ran the race in 43 minutes and should get the appropriate recognition!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

squod wrote: »
    I'd still ride her.

So would I.:D:D

But, if it's true she cheated in a mini-marathon, she'd probably fake the orgasm as well. :):):):eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

mikemac1 wrote: »
    She is an ambassador for the charity
    The photos were take before the race

After the race - they're in Stephens green. Look at the red faces on the women who actually ran it in the background.
    The ISPCA booked a block of numbers and put them all in the name of one of their officers.
    If one of their runners needed a number they get one of these
    If ten or twenty or whatever number of people in your office were running it then your office could have block booked a set of numbers too

Eh, no. Look up Carmel Murray from Roscommon on the Mini snickers site - there is only one number registered in her name.

http://apps.florawomensminimarathon.ie/past-results/?YearSearch=2012&searchname=carmel+murray&racenumber=&DoSearch=1#results

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

dmcronin wrote: »
    mikom wrote: »
    Shes telling the truth.
    Twas a Snickers.
    Fun Size

I'm reminded of a news story from the States a number of years ago, where under the "three strikes and you're out" rule, a convicted criminal got life in jail for stealing a snickers bar.

When someone from the authorities was asked how could this be justified, the reply was,

"Well, it was a king size snickers!" :D

As for Rosanna, if I can put my Wayne's World hat on, she is a BABE!! :cool:

I've a notion I'd be struggling for compliments after that!! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Muir wrote: »
    Well if you look behind her in pic above the time is 1:08 so that kinda agrees with her saying she did it in just over an hour

That's the gun time - not the chip time. The chip time starts when the runner crosses the start line.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭jennyq

boarddotie wrote: »
    The other alternative is that Carmel Murphy ran the full race herself with her own number in 43 minutes. Then once Rosanna had finished and crossed the line without a number (technically now allowed) in an hour, Carmel gave Rosanna her number for the photocall purposes (once makeup was reapplied).

All in all, somebody ran the race in 43 minutes and should get the appropriate recognition!

Or, Carmel started the race, ducked off the course at some point, met Rosanna and gave her the number, then Rosanna entered the course at a later point and finished the race, and they forgot to think that if they didn't allow enough time it would look very suspicious indeed. She was spotted by several people competing in the race running out of a building on Leeson Street and onto the course at around the 9km mark so it's a possibility.

Whatever actually did happen, it was something fishy. The ISPCA & Rosanna can't even get their stories straight.

ISPCA's story: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2012/0607/1224317443659.html

Rosanna's story: http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/independent-woman/celebrity-news-gossip/rosanna-davison-denies-mini-marathon-cheat-claims-3131761.html

Whatever about Rosanna, whose reputation I wouldn't really rate anyway, it's made me think a lot less of the ISPCA. If they're willing to lie for a publicity stunt then why should they be trusted with fundraising money or anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    So would I.:D:D

But, if it's true she cheated in a mini-marathon, she'd probably fake the orgasm as well. :):):):eek::eek:

And your problem is? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Something definitely not right. She finished 59th out of 40,000 without even breaking a sweat!
    And someone saw her coming out of a gaff on leeson street 1km from the end

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79048189&postcount=52

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

"IndependentWoman" that's a weird title for that section in this day and age :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

I make it policy never to trust anybody who uses fake tan. Works for me. :D

“I had none so I gave her mine, because I’m not a competitive jogger.”
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2012/0607/1224317443659.html#.T9B8_BiX6xI.twitter

Go Carmel ,not even a competitive jogger:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Amigomenor

Is Glenda behind this story, trying to shame poor Rosanna.

I heard she stopped off in Morocco last minute resulting in her race delay.:D

Advertisement