Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spartacus: War Of The Damned [Starz - US] **Spoilers!**

Options

Comments

Gannicus isn't
    dead
    is he?

If he is:
    Blondie German's gonna kill Crixus lady

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Gannicus isn't
    dead
    is he?

If he is:
    Blondie German's gonna kill Crixus lady
    Nope. Sure he was there at the end when Spartacus came out. But she's still more than welcome to kill Naevia

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I'm hoping it will be Gannicus that kills Spartacus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

dave1982 wrote: »
    I'm hoping it will be Gannicus that kills Spartacus

Why would you hope/think that was a possibility and why have you spoilered it being that its pure speculation on your part.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

The fella with the red beard at the start who wouldn't give the people bread
    He's a assh0le hope he gets plugged next

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭langer91

This season is easily way better than last season. gutted this is the last ever season its getting better with every episode! Team Gannicus FTW

Why would you hope/think that was a possibility and why have you spoilered it being that its pure speculation on your part.

Do you not notice the tension building between the two?he was never 100% behind him from the beginning.

I "speculate" they would make a great fight.

Are people not allowed speculate?

I consider him a lot better character than Spartacus

I have added spoiler because not every might know the ending to this season, ha ha if I hadn't some one else would moaning about it.

Naeivia who is the most annoying character ever in the series I hope she dies soon

dave1982 wrote: »
    Do you not notice the tension building between the two?he was never 100% behind him from the beginning.

I "speculate" they would make a great fight.

Are people not allowed speculate?

I consider him a lot better character than Spartacus

I have added spoiler because not every might know the ending to this season, ha ha if I hadn't some one else would moaning about it.

Naeivia who is the most annoying character ever in the series I hope she dies soon

I think you're allowing your desire to see who would come out top in a Spartacus Gannicus rematch cloud your judgment as to where the true source of tension is in the rebel camp and it certainly isn't between those two.

They fought in season 2 after Spartacus suspected him of taking their money so speculation as to how awesome a fight between them would be is unnecessary.

Of course you are allowed speculate , I just thought the spoiler tags were unnecessary given there is really nothing to suggest what you indicated, will actually happen, that said , not everyone has seen the film or knows the actual history and thus and thus the fates of certain characters so you were probably right to be safe rather then sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

Episode 4 was brilliant, best episode since Liam came into it. The brutality and madness of the episode culminating in Spartacus' scene at the end kinda bumped Liam up on the "I'm Spartacus" scale a bit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Oh, man, that was awesome. Could kinda see some of it coming, but what an end. God, I hope German girl doesn't die, she's so hot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Pretty good alright -the writers haven't lost their knack for the unexpected

Holy **** :D

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭cadea

That was outstanding!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

omg.that was an amazing episode

Really wish someone would kill that naevia b1tch
    She does my head in , talks to much crap
    I might watch next episode online now just to see what happens next

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

That was pretty good. I enjoyed that. Better than ep 4 anyway which everyone else seemed to love and I thought was an absolute mess.

Using Crixus to trick the romans was a nice touch. Although Crassus is too wiley a customer for that. :p

5 down 5 to go.I wonder will all the main Rebels still be alive for the finale?

I thought Agron was a goner in that episode, episode ended badly for him :(

I don't buy DVDs but i'll buy this

• Registered Users Posts: 53,853 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I was so gutted when he passed on

Such a big lost to the tv series and his family :(

I still have a tear in my eye when I think about it

• Advertisement

He really was the best spartacus even though he was only in one series he was first in series and we'll never know how much better the series would've been if he hadnt of passed but I'd imagine a lot better and emotional when it ends
    He just seemed to be more believable when it came to speeches and the way he fought
    But Liam done what he had to and stepped up to replace a natural
    can't fault him for that

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I dont think they could have found a better replacement tbh.

Thargor wrote: »

I'm pretty sure they could have, the vast majority of primary and secondary characters past and present have been absolutely fantastic. But they failed miserably in replacing Andy with Liam. He wouldnt even have made the grade of "Background gladiator number 5" in Blood and Sand or Gods of the Arena.

Just watched episode 5 blood brothers
    Pretty exciting and best episode so far without question
    Looking forward to release of next one spoils of war

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Thargor wrote: »

Maybe they could have and MacIntyre took most of Season 2 to get into the role, but he's doing a decent job now. As long as you accept he's not a patch on Andy Whitfield there's no need to be disappointed really.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

As someone who has lost far too many people to cancer and has witnessed first hand treatment and it's impact I don't think I could ever bring myself to watch that documentry, but it didn't stop me donating €20, great idea for fundraising.

In regards to the best Spartacus, of course people are going to think the first 1 is the best, but he was allowed grow into the role as part of the on-scene character, growing from a Thracian warrior to being a gladiator. It's strange to think that if it wasn't for him dying season 2 might have been completely different.

He really was the best spartacus even though he was only in one series he was first in series and we'll never know how much better the series would've been if he hadnt of passed but I'd imagine a lot better and emotional when it ends
    He just seemed to be more believable when it came to speeches and the way he fought
    But Liam done what he had to and stepped up to replace a natural
    can't fault him for that

Andy's Spartacus didn't speechify all that much he was more about the whispered gravitas, Liam on the other hand was given too many speeches in second season to the point that by the end they ended up becoming a parody of themselves. As to the way he fought I didn't have a problem with it , he looked competent enough with a sword, the problem lay in his physique which was more like a slightly buff house slave then a ripped Gladiator, thankfully they have Liam wearing armor now so this is less of an issue.
    I'm pretty sure they could have, the vast majority of primary and secondary characters past and present have been absolutely fantastic. But they failed miserably in replacing Andy with Liam. He wouldnt even have made the grade of "Background gladiator number 5" in Blood and Sand or Gods of the Arena.

I think you are being overly harsh tbh While I wasn't a big fan of season 2 or Liam for that matter, he has grown on me this season. My problem lay with the fact in season 2 the driving force for everything Spartacus did was Revenge on Glaber for Sura but due to the recasting I had a hard time connecting emotionally with any of those scenes as for me Andy was the one who had lost a wife not Liam. Thankfully this season their has been less speechifying, less dependence on emotional touchstones from the first seasons and due to the armor he sports less scenes featuring his "background gladiator number 5" physique to bother me and as such I'm finding I'm enjoying the season a lot more.

I think you are being overly harsh tbh While I wasn't a big fan of season 2 or Liam for that matter, he has grown on me this season. My problem lay with the fact in season 2 the driving force for everything Spartacus did was Revenge on Glaber for Sura but due to the recasting I had a hard time connecting emotionally with any of those scenes as for me Andy was the one who had lost a wife not Liam. Thankfully this season their has been less speechifying, less dependence on emotional touchstones from the first seasons and due to the armor he sports less scenes featuring his "background gladiator number 5" physique to bother me and as such I'm finding I'm enjoying the season a lot more.

He's grown on me too to some extent but just for the mere fact that I have to accept he's Spartacus if I want to watch the show and he's been in the role so long. But that doesnt mean I think he's good in that role even though he has got somewhat better.

I get what your saying about Sura and the connection with Andy and it probably did add to it. But it wasnt the sole reason I found it hard to accept him. He as an actor/fighter just wasnt upto the level of the rest. I thought personally they tried to write around his deficiencies too by over doing the slow mo fight bits and his speeches. And avoiding actual well done fight scenes that tied most of the rest to their roles as gladiators.

I agree on the last part though. I'm enjoying this series much more than the last one too but its still a long way from the quality of Blood and Sand and Gods of the Arena. Partially due to the change in scenery and partially due to poor recasting imo.

Can't remember last time I watched a tv show that my heart was pounding as much as it was for this episode :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

That was fantastic. Whole episode revolving around Gannicus just made it so much better

Advertisement