Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

450 job losses announced at Iarnród Éireann

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,984 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Dick Fearn is the CEO of Irish Rail. He does not have an Irish Accent as he is originally from the UK.

Here is a photo of him on the right hand side with Former President Mary McAleese.

http://www.steamtrainsireland.com/images/news/5408_visit.jpg

he's also x british rail i believe.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Karsini wrote: »
    This makes no sense. Reserving tickets online is cheaper than buying them at the station in most cases.

No, reserving a ticket means that the journey is untransferable, very handy for anyone who's job is to sell seats. I've found in some cases purchasing the ticket at the ticket office makes the travel much more flexible even though they are quiet often the same price. In fact for certain journeys buying the ticket at the booking office is cheaper, as it buying the ticket over the phone.

On occasions I've either missed the train or on another got the one an hour earlier by accident. Both occasions I had to pay the full price, again showing how un-flexible the system is.

While I'm at, it my local commuter route will not allow me buy a return ticket at 5 or 6 in the evening on the way home and use that return ticket the next morning. A day return should be four 24 hours from time of purchase not until IE staff knock off for the evening! This in-flexibility is either to purposefully try and make the passenger pay more or the system was designed by a moron...

I'll give you a laugh, I can pull a van up outside Kent station and load up 125Kg of electronics equipment in Flight-cases on to the Cork to Dublin train for free. I can't put a sub - 9 kilo bicycle on without buying a ticket for it, unless of course I take the wheels off and then it's OK. Pure daft...

There seems to be a history of bad policy here. I wonder is this same moron have anything to do with the shedding of these 450 jobs?

Advertisement