Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JRPG general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Zodiac: Orcanon Odyssey is getting a PS4/Vita release next year, although it has got mixed reviews as an IOS game, the story is by Kazushige Nojima.

Tales of Berseria Trailer #2

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Dragon's Dogma PC trailer, HYYYYPE!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Is Rogue Galaxy any good? Fancy playing a JRPG, and i see it was released on the PS4 recently. I remember liking it for the hour or so that i played of it a few years ago, but not much else.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,891 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Kiith wrote: »
    Is Rogue Galaxy any good? Fancy playing a JRPG, and i see it was released on the PS4 recently. I remember liking it for the hour or so that i played of it a few years ago, but not much else.

Didn't get on with it myself. It's just way too long and the dungeons take hours to complete.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Not really, it starts off in good fashion with a seemingly interesting setting and style but as usual in level 5 fashion it all falls apart with awful gameplay and story later on.

The actiony gameplay seems fun at first but instead of adding depth to the combat as they go, they add TERRIBLE gimmicks, like enemies that have shields you need to break by using a specific shield breaker gun on them and overpowered AoE attacks. Instead of having fun sword & gun battles it devolves into just popping all the shields with the gun then using an AoE attack to wipe everything out

It's a real shame because Skies of Arcadia in space sounds like the best idea ever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

It's disappointing and painfully mediocre.

Confirmed to be coming west on PS4 and PC.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,891 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Anyone else excited about SMT4 Final? I love the art direction it is taking, it's very punk and its reflected in the music and look.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Has anyone ever bought from the NIS America online store? There is something there I'm desperate to get my hands on which is out of stock in the Europe site. There is no mention of shipping costs when I go to the checkout. Almost seems too good to be true!

• Advertisement

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Has anyone ever bought from the NIS America online store? There is something there I'm desperate to get my hands on which is out of stock in the Europe site. There is no mention of shipping costs when I go to the checkout. Almost seems too good to be true!

I used to buy from them regularly until they stopped shipping to europe entirely to force people to use their ridiculously overpriced european store

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Bugger. :(

Thanks.

So closing in on the end of SMT Nocturne but still got a fair bit to go since the game is ramping up... And I'm addicted to Xenoblade X.

The story was pretty sparse but it's really kicking into gear now. All the antagonist's reasons are forming and the dungeon design has ramped up in complexity and they are a huge amount of fun to figure out.

It's gone from an awesome game to best RPG of all time material. On to the fifth Kalpa if I want the true demon ending!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Holy Crap, FF portal app just announced final fantasy 9 coming to pc and smartphones!

****ing love that game!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Sieghardt wrote: »
    I used to buy from them regularly until they stopped shipping to europe entirely to force people to use their ridiculously overpriced european store
    Perhaps you could use something like https://www.shipito.com/ ?

They give you a US postal address you can use and then they forward it on. We've used them in the past and they were great.

Perhaps you could use something like https://www.shipito.com/ ?

They give you a US postal address you can use and then they forward it on. We've used them in the past and they were great.

Yeah I've done this before and it does work, but it'll drive up the price quite a bit. Worth trying if they only have something on the US store but otherwise it ends up even more expensive than the already overpriced EU store :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The "engrish" on that shipito site is fairly offputting.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

RedXIV wrote: »
    Holy Crap, FF portal app just announced final fantasy 9 coming to pc and smartphones!

****ing love that game!

Best FF.

Fite me.

FF IX on Steam has gone from January 2016 to Early 2016.

Xenji wrote: »
    FF IX on Steam has gone from January 2016 to Early 2016.

Seems like it could well be the definitive version of the game with full HD movies. Unlike VII and VIII square kept the render files so can render them in high quality.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Seems like it could well be the definitive version of the game with full HD movies. Unlike VII and VIII square kept the render files so can render them in high quality.

Hopefully, only played it again last year, but will be getting it again.

Hope they can increase the framerate. As much as I give out about the framerate in the battles in FF7 it's even worse in FF9 :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hopefully it gets a ps4 release.

Hopefully it gets a ps4 release.

Put money on it.

If there's one thing Squaresoft likes more than disappointing fans it's taking their money.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Put money on it.

If there's one thing Squaresoft likes more than disappointing fans it's taking their money.

They can take my money anytime ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

RedXIV wrote: »

****ing love that game!

Massively underrated game, can't wait to play it again.

Great video on Parasite Eve that even goes into its connection with FF7. Thought the game was excellent when I played it two years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,545 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Great video on Parasite Eve that even goes into its connection with FF7. Thought the game was excellent when I played it two years ago.

Never played the first one. Remember having to pick up 3 copies of PE2 back in the day though. Bought it with Spiderman on a 2 for £50 deal in Virgin. Got through the first disc and inserted the second disc to find that nothing happened, reset the PS1 and loaded disc 2 directly only to find that it was in Spanish and incompatible with my English language save file. Brought it back and got it replaced only for the second copy to have the same problem:pac:. Ended up bringing that back and swapping it for Tony Hawk 2.

I later wnet and got a second hand copy in Gamesworld, where I specifically made got them to check that disc 2 wasn't in Spanish before I bought it:P.

FYI both copies from Virgin had labels for the UK version on the disc

I played PE2 first as well since PE1 wasn't released on this side of the pond. I remember it being a fairly crappy but gorgeous looking Resi clone. I was surprised how different, and how much better the first one was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Finally getting stuck into Trails in the Sky and enjoying in more than any other JRPG in years. It's a slow enough start and the tutorial is overly wordy but once you get out of that, it really opens up into such a compelling game. About 12 hours in and all I want to do is play more.

Advertisement