Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current best value Android Huawei Ascend G300

Options
1434445464749»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TM

Discodog wrote: »
    There are lot of posts in this thread describing problems with ROM's & complaining that the phone is slow etc.

My experience is that it's best to use versions of apps that suit the phone.

Yeah - some ROMs are better than other.
    My experience is that, in general, GB based ROMs work better than ICS or JB ROMs - including CM.
    I'm on the stock B895 GB based superslim ROM from MoDaCo.
    I find it great - stable, fast/not laggy and slim/no bloat.
    Horses for courses I guess.

MarkR wrote: »

OK - thanks. Thought you might be referring to the new CM7.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

my experience with various CM builds - starts off super fast and stable, after a couple of weeks with more apps installed it gets very sluggish with a lot of crashes and random reboots (the latter may be due to the bootloader though, I was never able to get an official unlock code).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Discodog wrote: »
    There are lot of posts in this thread describing problems with ROM's & complaining that the phone is slow etc.
    But rooting alone is not flashing a new ROM. It just gives you root privileges.

I'm glad I found this thread. Was thinking about getting one of these for my GF (she's currently using my old HTC Legend running CM7) but it's getting long in the tooth. Had hoped the G300 would easily handle CM10.x but it looks like a mixed bag of experience there.

loyatemu wrote: »
    my experience with various CM builds - starts off super fast and stable, after a couple of weeks with more apps installed it gets very sluggish with a lot of crashes and random reboots (the latter may be due to the bootloader though, I was never able to get an official unlock code).
    That was my experience before too but admittedly it's quite a while since I used a CM build on the G300 and I haven't used any of the latest ones. The random reboots may be the old unofficially unlocked bootloader 3G reboots. I had to try several times (by email) to get an official bootloader unlock code from Huawei. Lots of people have had the same experience - some even receiving wrong codes. However I never used the code because I reverted to the GB bootloader and GB superslim ROM.
    murphaph wrote: »
    But rooting alone is not flashing a new ROM. It just gives you root privileges.

I'm glad I found this thread. Was thinking about getting one of these for my GF (she's currently using my old HTC Legend running CM7) but it's getting long in the tooth. Had hoped the G300 would easily handle CM10.x but it looks like a mixed bag of experience there.
    As I said my experience is that GB ROMs work best in terms of stability and speed. I'm half tempted to try CM7 but might not bother at this stage. The phone is running very well on superslim and I'm due to give it to somebody else soon and switch over to my Haier W910 so might be time to call it a day (night!) messing with ROMs etc... :D

• Advertisement

Free official ICS bootloader unlocking may now be possible without having to wait for Huawei to give you your unlock code!

http://www.modaco.com/topic/363175-g300-unlock-bootloader-brick/#entry2165390

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

My phone is stuck in a "Unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly" loop. I was making a clean install of the MeijaICS-u8815-Thejaimes111-FINAL rom (something I've done a dozen times before, with different versions up to the latest one) but now when it hits the wizard at the first start up, I just keep getting the above error. I can get through the wizard (it works in the background) but the error keeps popping up.
    I've wiped the cache, dalvic cache, fixed permissions and restored to factory settings to no avail.

Anyone know what is going on and how to fix it?

EDIT: I figured it out - the sim card I was putting into it was an old one, it works fine with a newer one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Running ICS CM for nearly a year and ive had enough, phone has gone sluggish and unusable, anyone have any advice on reflashing stock?

I'd advise stock+ rom for stability I've recently gone back after running all the cyanogenmod versions as well as slimbean and baidu for months at a time. Baidu was pretty close in terms o stability but the last rendition had issues for me.

http://www.modaco.com/topic/360947-romics-stock-rom-b960-r6-updated-06-03/

Advertisement