Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭Steve X2

mondeo wrote: »
    Is there anywhere in Dublin that I can get these bits n bobs? I dont mind buying online but I'm just curious to know if there is any Amiga support places about?

I use eBay and AmigaKit for most of my Amiga bits.

http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/?currency=euro

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

mondeo wrote: »
    Picked up this Amiga 1200 today. Cosmetically it's as new if I'm being honest. Not a hint of yellow. I kinda suspect this Amiga was refurbished at some point with a new casing and keyboard. It's too new looking :eek:.

I will say one thing though, the spring was missing from the "8" key which was a little annoying however I remedied it by putting a new spring in from a zx spectrum keyboard :P. It fitted perfect :D

[IMG][/img]amiga4.jpg

It wasnt refurbished, but i took it apart and myself and the other half cleaned it when i bought it a few years back, i didnt get around to cleaning the keys though which is prob why the case looks newer.. the guy i bought it off had it since he was a kid and hadnt played it in years, so i doubt it was refurbished. i even hoovered out the inside ;) i didnt realise the spring was gone on one of the keys.. sorry about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭mondeo

The key was a minor issue. Took me 5 seconds to fix it. She did a super job cleaning it, I gave it a quick clean myself there just to bring it up.

Is it stock internally do you know? Ram etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,566 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Picked up a few things today. Now I can pretend I'm walking down into a Fallout Valt when I go down the stairs :pac:

IMG_1667.jpg

40-50 years old and it still lights up like the day it was made when you flash a light on it. Radioactive? Possibly!

IMG_1668.jpg

Here's my new gramatically incorrect proto. Haven't tested it out yet to see if it's any different to the final version. Probably try it out this evening

IMG_1672.jpg

My mam rang during the week asking if I had a Gamegear. Came across this in a charity shop. Definitely won't be holding a charge anymore, but was interesting to see with it's original box so asked her to pick it up.

IMG_1674.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

To think I was in the hall of that house and I never got to see his man cave... :(

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

That is because in my current abode I do not have a mancave :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, didn't even see the infamous pantry..... I wuz robbed!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I've some kind of weird copy of ISS deluxe for Snes, could be a proto. Worth anything? Can't find it any where.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,965 ✭✭✭Doge

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    To think I was in the hall of that house and I never got to see his man cave... :(

To think you've teased a good few times about your collection,

and I never got to see a pic of it!

ZING! :D

o1s1n wrote: »
    Picked up a few things today. Now I can pretend I'm walking down into a Fallout Valt when I go down the stairs :pac:

Not to sound like that guy on TV with the glasses,
    that looks at peoples homes and draws conclusions on the owners personality (behind the keyhole or something like that?)....

.....but you seem like a such a "woody" sort of fellow!

Loving the tweed wallpaper also!

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I've some kind of weird copy of ISS deluxe for Snes, could be a proto. Worth anything? Can't find it any where.

Did it have a sticker picture on it? If it did then it's probably a pirate cart. If it has handwriting on it, feels heavier than normal or has weird chips sticking out of it then it's a beta/proto.

Whether it's worth anything on not depends on if it's any different to the final game.

Be worth hunting down as a matter of interest.
    waveform wrote: »
    Not to sound like that guy on TV with the glasses,
    that looks at peoples homes and draws conclusions on the owners personality (behind the keyhole or something like that?)....

.....but you seem like a such a "woody" sort of fellow!

Loving the tweed wallpaper also!

Hahahaha! I love that sketch :D

Did it have a sticker picture on it? If it did then it's probably a pirate cart. If it has handwriting on it, feels heavier than normal or has weird chips sticking out of it then it's a beta/proto.

Whether it's worth anything on not depends on if it's any different to the final game.

Be worth hunting down as a matter of interest.

Hahahaha! I love that sketch :D

I think your Pantry really compliments that scene!

[IMG][/img]2931f9a1.jpg

Thats the ISS and it is a bit heavier, not much though. It's also a famicom cart which I didn't know.

Here's my haul for last month.

[IMG][/img]afd1f30a.jpg

Very disappointed with them. Mario Kart is missing its manual and despite being described as new had sticker residue and food on back. Adventure Island was sent in an envelope and flat packed despite asking not to do it and getting an agreement. Nor was it sent in a box like I asked. So received an envelope and not knowing what it was I proceeded to cut into it, it was impossible to open because of cellotape. So those 2 buts are cardboard are the bits I cut off!
    Castlevania was a US copy not UK pal.
    Mario v Donkey Kong's manual was tattered and it was another like new.
    And I dunno why I even got Zelda.

Deleted all my saved searches on eBay after that! Focusing on books for a while now and whatever I can rescue from the jungle that is adverts.
    'Dr. Mario, I presume?'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

stuff

Nice haul! I got a couple of copies of ISS here if you want to compare the PCB

You managed to pick up Terranigma yet?

nuxxx wrote: »
    Nice haul! I got a couple of copies of ISS here if you want to compare the PCB

You managed to pick up Terranigma yet?

Bitch please, got that ages back :p
    Cart only though, looking for a cheap boxed one now to replace it. Should be handy enough :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Bitch please, got that ages back :p
    Cart only though, looking for a cheap boxed one now to replace it. Should be handy enough :pac:

lol gl with that :pac:

Master of the Universe

[IMG][/img]2931f9a1.jpg

Thats the ISS and it is a bit heavier, not much though. It's also a famicom cart which I didn't know.

Nice! Definitely have yourself a beta version there. If you open it up, there should be windowed eeprom chips inside of it (most have stickers over the windows, some dont). They're heavier than normal cart chips.

Where'd you get it as a matter of interest?

Check it against a final version of the game in an emulator and see if there are any noticable differences.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Just finished editing on this last night... it's an unboxing of my 'mystery box' from earlier in the thread. Let me know what you guys think and share it amongst your nerdy mates if you can.

Cheers!

EnterNow wrote: »
    I have no idea what any of that means :o
    Nice! Definitely have yourself a beta version there. If you open it up, there should be windowed eeprom chips inside of it (most have stickers over the windows, some dont). They're heavier than normal cart chips.

Where'd you get it as a matter of interest?

Check it against a final version of the game in an emulator and see if there are any noticable differences.

Got it from a guy from Dublin. Boxed SNES and I think 15 boxed games for €100.
    It came in an pal ISS deluxe box and I never even noticed it until I went to sell the two sport titles. I'll have to get a copy to compare any possible differences.

Or just use an emulator like you said

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,898 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Had an hour to kill to get the bus today so popped into Rage only to be disappointed by the lack of anything decent, seems all the good stuff was cleared out over the last few days.

Then decided to pop into gamesexchange since it was right beside the bus stop, what was there to lose. Ended up walking out with this abomination:

OB_2_cover.jpg

Master of the Universe

What's this? I thought you only bought good games :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Ah but good, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. Retr0 loves sh1tty games simply because they are sh1tty.

Except Legend Of Dragoon...nobody should ever love that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,898 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well I kind of have a penchant for the z-list games as well. There's something charming about a game that is so inept or over ambitious and fails miserably that you can't help but laugh at it. There's some enjoyment to be had playing something completely awful rather than middle of the road mediocre :) Legend of Dragoon is a case in point. Not inept or badly programmed but just devoid of any kind of soul or imagination.

I'll definitely only play it drunk with friends though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Went into the shopping centre to get out of the rain while we were in Galway and got myself Nights on the Wii for pretty cheap.

My bff (who's sister is organizing the game exhibition at The Science Gallery) got me a HUGE Rilakkuma plush
    (it's actually bigger than Atavan :pac:)

2i13xd.png

Sera wrote: »
    Went into the shopping centre to get out of the rain while we were in Galway and got myself Nights on the Wii for pretty cheap.

My bff (who's sister is organizing the game exhibition at The Science Gallery) got me a HUGE Rilakkuma plush
    (it's actually bigger than Atavan :pac:)

2i13xd.png

Awwww!

Cute!

Now now Sera, you don't tower over our Atavan either!

Oh, and in work, this is the closest thing to Atavan we've got...
    10-1.jpg
    and here's what it does!
    Chill out biscuits!

Of course, that's just the generic brand of Lorazepam, our Atavan is the real deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭Steve X2

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Now now Sera, you don't tower over our Atavan either!

Oh, and in work, this is the closest thing to Atavan we've got...
    10-1.jpg
    and here's what it does!
    Chill out biscuits!

I'll take 20 boxes please and a mixed party pack if you have any.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure if it's best washed down with gin or vodka, in my experience water works just fine!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement