Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭Doge

o1s1n wrote: »
    Be careful with that logic 3, I nearly took my face off with it a few times. The snap from it is crazy!

:pac::pac::pac:

I read a review that warned about putting your eye upto it in advance! :D

Mad how it was passed for public sale!

The auto fire on it is mental isn't it?

I think the recoil adds a bit more challenge to the games too, as it knocks the sight about.

The gap between the iron sights is about twice the length of the Gun Con 2.

Which makes the gun con 2 better to aim with.

I think the logic3 could do with a Sugru mod to tighten this gap and improve aiming.

Shame the bloody light sensor is goosed.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,483 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That was the one Steve_SI! I was driving my girlfriend mad with it, she could hear the thing clacking away in the next room.

I'd love to do this mod -

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Dr Bob wrote: »
    In fact the heroquest one seems to have a second set of minatures/rulebooks and an expansion.
    I picked HQ up for Dinorex in the shop for a €1 but it hadn't a rulebook or was it something else? anyway if that's what was missing he might take it off you :3

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Got myself bangai-o on the ds the other day despite being told not to buy it by my 9 year old cousin as the screenshots on the back looked blurry.

Got myself bangai-o on the ds the other day despite being told not to buy it by my 9 year old cousin as the screenshots on the back looked blurry.
    you should have listened to him, he was bigger than you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Well I have to say don't ever head to the Dublin flea market if you're expecting anything video game related.

There was only one stall there selling anything close to retro stuff... it was in terrible condition and the person selling wanted ridiculous prices for it all.

€80 for a beat up old Sega Saturn scratched to bits dirty and in terrible condition with a video cable. That's it...

The rest of the market is crap too even for picking up decent Vinyl... the rest of their bric-a-brac is woeful too. I don't think I'll be heading back... must try and make a proper car boot sale soon enough.

Anybody know of any of the more decent car boot sales around Dublin at the weekends?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Sera wrote: »
    you should have listened to him, he was bigger than you

He nearly is bigger than me :(

#ShortPeopleProblems.

He nearly is bigger than me :(

#ShortPeopleProblems.

I can't even slag you, you'd swear I was 6ft :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

I managed to grab one of my Grail cabs at the weekend :)

Graphics file for the correct version of the side art (L-shaped button layout) is safely in hand, I just need to find a good local printer now...and re-order the buttons in the correct NG colours' order :D

DSC06731.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Nice one, where'd ya pick that up?

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Beautiful stuff man. That is also a grail cab of mine. Never seen one in Ireland though. It really looks lovely with the ball tops (I usually see them with ugly looking bats)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Got a couple of freebies yesterday, from my brother's girlfriend's dad, who heard I had a thing for Nintendo handheld stuff in particular. Always liked the look of the Micro Vs. Systems, almost bought one a couple of years ago (the DK hockey one). Worked out well that I didn't!

photo.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Sera wrote: »
    Dr Bob wrote: »
    In fact the heroquest one seems to have a second set of minatures/rulebooks and an expansion.
    I picked HQ up for Dinorex in the shop for a €1 but it hadn't a rulebook or was it something else? anyway if that's what was missing he might take it off you :3
    I wont have a chance to look for a day or so but dino, let me know what yiu need and ill see if I can help

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I got that Mario Statue today from Club Nintendo..

.. it is tiny compared to what it looks like on the webpage.. and light as a feather.. i should have got the handheld game!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,530 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have about 6150 points there and am getting anxious about what to spend it on.
    The Animal Crossing bag looks like something a child might carry, not like my gameboy or DS..... oh wait.....

But, the Ninty Laptop bag looks cool, as does the DSi shoulder bag, but I have a cool Google bag already!
    The DS game is a bit limited and you can get the Club Nintendo Game and Watch Ball on ebay for about €30 or so, so not really what I want to waste my points on.

Anyone any ideas???

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I have about 6150 points there and am getting anxious about what to spend it on.
    The Animal Crossing bag looks like something a child might carry, not like my gameboy or DS..... oh wait.....

But, the Ninty Laptop bag looks cool, as does the DSi shoulder bag, but I have a cool Google bag already!
    The DS game is a bit limited and you can get the Club Nintendo Game and Watch Ball on ebay for about €30 or so, so not really what I want to waste my points on.

Anyone any ideas???

Get me the DS game :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,530 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Hmm, tempting...
    sadly I am not on the team that buys gifts for boys, but if I was I'd be delighted....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

you could keep them until they add something better? Im raging i got that mario statue now. no patience. Still though, i have my gold zelda statue.. or as i like to call it, my retirement fund.

I got a Yoshi Key Ring and a Ninty Club Tee.
    When I say I got them I ordered them.
    The key ring never turned up and as for the tee..
    It says XL on the site.
    It says XL on the label.
    But it is not XL in any other respect.
    It's a M if anything, but I'll keep it up for when I'm old and infirm and can't keep it up.
    Shouldn't be too long now, a bit of spinal shrinkage and that shirt will fit like a glove!

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Anyone any ideas???

The Euro packaged version of "game & watch" is hard to come across. Or what about the SNES Wii pad?

• Advertisement

Went for Ball myself, as I mentioned I'm a sucker for Ninty handhelds. Hoping I can get my points tally up again to pick up the DS collection, a couple of thousand points off yet

Ball is there on ebay, and I wouldn't be able to keep it wrapped, have to open and play!
    Might go for that, save a few more points up.....
    If anyone has any points going spare, I know an A&R mod that could use them.....

My one wasn't sealed when I got it from Club Nintendo, but would've opened it and played it anyway. Game & Watch games are made to be played, 'tis a sin to leave them stuck on a shelf!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭Doge

Few PS1 purchases here from one seller,
    you know its funny how Oisín mentioned merely mentined the term "Rail Shooter" recently,
    and next thing I know I'm buying light guns + 2 PS2 Rail Shooters and 2 PS1 Rail Shooters.

That youngfella is poisionous ffs!

iCJdh.jpg

Couldn't resist G-Police when I saw it, I loved the Playstation demo, and could never get the PC version to run on my machine, possibly due to not having a Direct3D compatible graphics card, or else a Direct Sound compatible audio device.
    But now I shall have the last laugh!

At the bottom is some SNES Sports Fodder, shall I ever decide to buy an SD2SNES in the future.

G-Police is great but the draw distance is pants.
    On the other hand it gets around with some wire mesh visual gubbins, which is cool.
    Die Hard Trilogy, the light gun section deserved it's own game! Brilliant!
    Never liked the cab driving though.
    And Driver 2 is simply superb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

I liked G-Police when it was released. I'll always remember that game because I bought it used and the case smelled of bum.

So, that would be a PS game case that smelt of faeces....
    How on earth do you get faeces on a PS game case?
    I mean, are you there, on the porcelain throne, after evacuating a pretty impressive stool when you realise, to your horror, that you are without toilet paper!
    You pop your head out the door, scouting for bum-wiping possibilities....
    The floor rug? No it was €50 in Ikea...
    The Dog? No, it's a white Westie and so it's show up on it's fur....
    And then your eyes settle on the PS in the corner, and you are forced to choose between Fifa 98, Soviet Strike or G-Police......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

I actually think it's a bit of a secret phenomenon. I bought Rapid Reload when it was first released (one of the first games I ever bought for my PS1 along with Ridge Racer and Jumping Flash).

That game was new and sealed and yet the case smelled of bum.

Maybe it was something to do with the cellophane they used having a 'bummy niff' to it? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Got Cosmic Carnage 32X there for €8 & Metal Head 32X for €12.

Not too bad, Cosmic Carnage looks terrible but one can't be picky when building a collection I guess. I have to say I'm enjoying collecting for the system & upon looking more closely, there are cheap games to be gotten

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Cosmic Carnage is an interesting one. Its basically just a (bad) sprite scaling and zooming demo. Feels like they made the game in less than a week :D

Good craic to laugh at.

Metal Head is one game I still don't have yet strangely enough. Have been meaning to buy it for a long time. Visually one of the most impressive games on the system.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement