Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,631 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Heh, so you save your lasers by not using UMDs - but you don't really need the UMD drive ever as you can boot everything from the SD.

So you're pretty much saving something which is useless anyway :p

That's one great thing about picking up PSPs on ebay, people always sell them off cheapo when the UMD drive is gone - but they're still perfectly usable as long as you CFW it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

o1s1n wrote: »
    Heh, so you save your lasers by not using UMDs - but you don't really need the UMD drive ever as you can boot everything from the SD.

So you're pretty much saving something which is useless anyway :p

Well no, because you need a functional way to dump the UMD contents onto your card if you wanna stay nice & clean and away from the high seas of the net :p

Master of the Universe

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWK9BE-HHJ7rZjycsz7AwHh6tnWqzECA-YM5SOjGnB835l_9GCBi21NJ5a

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWK9BE-HHJ7rZjycsz7AwHh6tnWqzECA-YM5SOjGnB835l_9GCBi21NJ5a

Yep I am. I dunno about you man, but if I've a UMD there I'm gonna choose to dump it manually every single time, as opposed to downloading a version that's been stripped of material & could have all kinds of sh1te in the archive too.

Master of the Universe

Ah yeah, if you have a box load of UMDs then that would be ideal. I only ever had the one game myself!

• Advertisement

I'm a thieving pirate

:D

Master of the Universe

No no, you misunderstand, I only ever played the one game :p

You seriously backup your own media? Fair play. I'm far too lazy for that. Even if I owned the original disc, I'd still source a digital copy online.

You seriously backup your own media? Fair play. I'm far too lazy for that. Even if I owned the original disc, I'd still source a digital copy online.

Yep wherever possible. Youd be surprised at the amount of stuff with content removed to make the download smaller. At least when you do it yourself, you know its the full content & there's no nasty surprises inside the zip/rar :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,553 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, I is now the proud owner of MGS:3D, adopted from O1s1n, thanks man!

Now to snaffle up that PSP Go!

Master of the Universe

Enjoy!

I've started buying stuff for this NSTC Gamecube already :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

my mam got me a Wii for my birthday :P it arrived this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Sera wrote: »

Felicitous celebratory birthing rituals to you my good woman!

Now, get that fella of yours to buy you Milestone Shooting Collection to play on it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,211 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I give it about a week before you get bored of it and leave it to gather dust for a few years until you realise that it has a Netflix client available and is now somewhat useful if you want to watch Netflix in a spare room.

At least... that's how it turned out for me. :P

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Felicitous celebratory birthing rituals to you my good woman!

Now, get that fella of yours to buy you Milestone Shooting Collection to play on it. :)
    Well it's next Thursday (same day Tokyo Jungle is out) so it's an early present :P but thanks.
    Is Cotton, Twinbee and Parodius on it? that's all I'd play
    Achilles wrote: »
    I give it about a week before you get bored of it and leave it to gather dust
    well I'm mad to play a few games, like Fragile, PZ4 even though it's all buggy and I hear someone's making a English patch for Ikenie no Yoru (*u*)
    useful if you want to watch Netflix
    GCCX isn't on Netflix, it's not worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,985 ✭✭✭Doge

GCCX isn't on Netflix, it's not worth it

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,211 ✭✭✭MrVestek

's not worth it

You'll have to forgive my ignorance but... GCCX?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

Achilles wrote: »
    You'll have to forgive my ignorance but... GCCX?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056634275 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

All I can say about gccx is that thank odin's eye patch i only started watching it after my end of semester exams. Very enjoyable show and I have become addicted watching it in bed until I drop off.

Got these recently. Cute bundle from the same seller. Bloke was hugely apologetic as shipping was delayed, so he gave me a free Saturn game (not pictured). Dunno what it is as I can't decipher the kana, but it looks fun and also has RC-OCD, which is nice!

Derby Stallion 96 [NTSC-J, Satellaview, CIB]
    I'll never play it, but it's a very nice collectible to have I think!
    ilnYt3J4RZbz9.jpg

Cutie Honey [NTSC-J, DVD, CIB]
    A collectible Cutie Honey DVD presentation set. Contains the film, pamphlet and a collectible trading card.
    iG4K8OQqK46vV.jpg

Nemesis [PAL, Game Boy, Gary Lucy]
    It's a SHMUP. Why not?
    icRa0cpCDOQdV.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,006 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Cutie Honey [NTSC-J, DVD, CIB]
    A collectible Cutie Honey DVD presentation set. Contains the film, pamphlet and a collectible trading card.
    iG4K8OQqK46vV.jpg

1156151_o.gif

• Advertisement

Getting cosplay ideas? :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,006 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just wondering why they slag me off when there's other targets of opportunity around :P

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Just wondering why they slag me off when there's other targets of opportunity around :P

Oi! I'll have you know that it's a fun little 'fillum'!

HONEY FLASH!

...indeed. :rolleyes:;)

Cutie Honey
    The only reason I actually remember Cutie Honey is because they parody the OP it and loads of other shows in the OP (@0:46) for Super Milk Chan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

Picked up this Amiga 1200 today. Cosmetically it's as new if I'm being honest. Not a hint of yellow. I kinda suspect this Amiga was refurbished at some point with a new casing and keyboard. It's too new looking :eek:.

I will say one thing though, the spring was missing from the "8" key which was a little annoying however I remedied it by putting a new spring in from a zx spectrum keyboard :P. It fitted perfect :D

[IMG][/img]amiga4.jpg

[IMG][/img]Amiga2.jpg

[IMG][/img]Amiga1.jpg

Nice original Box

[IMG][/img]amiga3.jpg

My First mucking about on Delux Paint

[IMG][/img]amiga5.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,553 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Congratulations Mondeo/Tom!!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Congratulations Mondeo/Tom!!

I want to get an internal hard drive for it, one of those flash hard drives will do nicely me thinks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Steve X2

mondeo wrote: »
    I want to get an internal hard drive for it, one of those flash hard drives will do nicely me thinks :)

Yeah, they're the business. Best to stick a ram expansion in there as well if you're going to be loading games and apps from the workbench.

Steve SI wrote: »
    Yeah, they're the business. Best to stick a ram expansion in there as well if you're going to be loading games and apps from the workbench.

Is there anywhere in Dublin that I can get these bits n bobs? I dont mind buying online but I'm just curious to know if there is any Amiga support places about?

• Advertisement

I'm now on a fast, no more goodies for me for at least a fortnight, the PSP Go has cleaned out my internal piggybank.
    I did pick up a new battery pack for my 360 controller in Harvey Normans for 12 though.
    GS in Pavilions has Aliens Infestation for 13, they also have Okamiden but thats up around the 30 mark.
    They have got Viewtiful Joe DS though, for around the 15 mark too, well worth owning that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement