Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Doge

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Now now Sera, you don't tower over our Atavan either!

Oh, and in work, this is the closest thing to Atavan we've got...
    10-1.jpg
    and here's what it does!
    Chill out biscuits!

That's actually hilarious man! haha!

if Atavan has similar effects then he'd be a good man to party with!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'm afraid I can't be swallowed, snorted or injected.

And I never last long enough to find out if I have calming effects on people. I usually just get drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

And I never last long enough

That's common enough in youth, you'll get there man

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yeah, allegedly women say it doesn't matter and happens all the time....
    Never heard it myself mind you...
    macho-man-randy-savage.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,213 ✭✭✭MrVestek

These just came through the post...

bsqiZ.jpg

I didn't bother trying to pick up official pads as they seem to be going for stupid money on Ebay at the minute. The seller of the Saturn did a partial refund in order to allow me to pick these up, very decent bloke.

Anyway can't wait to get these home and give Die Hard Arcade a bash.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You're missing out on not having the official pads. By far and away the best gamepads ever made, unless you get the nasty initial US ones.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You're missing out on not having the official pads. By far and away the best gamepads ever made, unless you get the nasty initial US ones.

The larger chunky ones are lovely pads

• Registered Users Posts: 34,698 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Official Saturn pads should be available for cheap. Buying them direct from Japanese sellers is usually the cheapest option.

Hmm, seems they've gone up in price since I bought one a few months ago, mine was only about a tenner.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sega-Saturn-WHITE-Pad-Controller-Import-JAPAN-Video-Game-ss-/220936343496?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3370d50fc8

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEGA-SATURN-CONTROLLER-COOL-PAD-HSS-0101-Japan-/280827648142?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item4162a1d88e

o1s1n wrote: »
    Official Saturn pads should be available for cheap. Buying them direct from Japanese sellers is usually the cheapest option.

Hmm, seems they've gone up in price since I bought one a few months ago, mine was only about a tenner.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sega-Saturn-WHITE-Pad-Controller-Import-JAPAN-Video-Game-ss-/220936343496?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3370d50fc8

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEGA-SATURN-CONTROLLER-COOL-PAD-HSS-0101-Japan-/280827648142?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item4162a1d88e
    I know that I'm missing out but unless they come down in price I'll be staying away for a while.

At least the third party ones will get me off to a good start.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think one of my games I ordered is lost in the post. Got it over two weeks ago and no sign and was bought from the usually excellent Lukie games. Shipped on the 17/5. It also happened to be pretty expensive as well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I think one of my games I ordered is lost in the post. Got it over two weeks ago and no sign and was bought from the usually excellent Lukie games. Shipped on the 17/5. It also happened to be pretty expensive as well.

Maybe Sauron got her hands on it first and binned it? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,698 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I have a good one for you. Remember the supergun I bought that didn't work properly? I sent it back to France the guy to fix it. That was on the 10th of May - still no sign of it. It left the UK and just vanished.

Talk about bad luck!

Yeah I ordered a Sega Megadrive Ultimate Collection limited edition Vinyl Record from Russia this time last month and it still hasn't arrived yet.

Also because I previously opened a Paypal claim against the guy for the delay in postage I can't open another one... so that's €35 down the pisser.

****ing Paypal...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Achilles wrote: »
    Sega Megadrive Ultimate Collection limited edition Vinyl Record

Wow, I bet the load times on that are mental....

"I want to play Sonic 2!"
    "Just hold on, 331/3 rpm, pop the needle on the right track, here we go!"

o1s1n wrote: »
    I have a good one for you. Remember the supergun I bought that didn't work properly? I sent it back to France the guy to fix it. That was on the 10th of May - still no sign of it. It left the UK and just vanished.

Talk about bad luck!

:(

Or maybe it was fate pushing you towards a cab purchase. ;)

Wow, I bet the load times on that are mental....

"I want to play Sonic 2!"
    "Just hold on, 331/3 rpm, pop the needle on the right track, here we go!"

Smartarse :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Now now Sera, you don't tower over our Atavan either!
    well I'm still taller even in my flat shoes! It's the only thing I have

We'll have to get him a set of high heels, or start extending his femurs by breaking them, parting them by a few mm, letting them set, then breaking them again, might give him a few more inches....
    Good thing he has a great personality.

And by personality mean giant penis.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,870 ✭✭✭Steve X2

We'll have to get him a set of high heels, or start extending his femurs by breaking them, parting them by a few mm, letting them set, then breaking them again, might give him a few more inches....
    Good thing he has a great personality.

And by personality mean giant penis.

Hmm

Anybody know how to get Paypal to help me get a refund for the item that never showed up?

They won't allow me to re-open the dispute (which sucks).

• Advertisement

Achilles wrote: »
    Anybody know how to get Paypal to help me get a refund for the item that never showed up?

They won't allow me to re-open the dispute (which sucks).

File a new dispute rather than open an old one. They're limited to 30 days afaik

EnterNow wrote: »
    File a new dispute rather than open an old one. They're limited to 30 days afaik

I can't file a new dispute against a case that has already had a dispute opened and closed, Paypal themselves have said this to me.

As an aside does anyone have a Sega Saturn memory card that they'd be willing to get rid of?

Just replace the battery and buy an action replay 4 in 1. Why you haven't got a 4 in 1 yet boggles the mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Funny you should say that, I ordered a game from lukiegames which was expensive aswell around 35$ and used the budget shipping option. It was shipped a few days after yours and still haven't seen it. Usually games from the US for me anyway arrive in under 8 days including weekends. You used the budget shipping option too?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Picked up a few bits today.

7b008cb3.jpg

GTA 3 as someone stole it on me back in the day, Metroid prime as I lent it out and never got it back and then Warioware as it could be fun for retro nights!

Also got myself a DS lite as the hinge has gotten worse on the fat DS. Soz sera, I know I said I'd buy yours but this one is mint condition and in the nice black and blue colours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Nice DS! I need to get back in to my DS and GBA gaming. My DSi XL and GBA Micro have sat idle for too long!

Can't beat a bit of GTA III either Mr. Van Halen. What's that Metroid game? I never had a Gamecube and never played Super Metroid on the Super Famicom (one game I must buy, but the PAL big box copies are ridiculously expensive).

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Nice DS! I need to get back in to my DS and GBA gaming. My DSi XL and GBA Micro have sat idle for too long!

Can't beat a bit of GTA III either Mr. Van Halen. What's that Metroid game? I never had a Gamecube and never played Super Metroid on the Super Famicom (one game I must buy, but the PAL big box copies are ridiculously expensive).

I know, it's been aaaages since I played GTA 3.

Metroid prime, you've never heard of metroid prime?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Metroid prime, you've never heard of metroid prime?!

Oh, OK I've heard of it. Never played it. Same with Super Metroid. In fact, any Metroid game to be honest.*

*Except for a Metroid pinball game I have for the DS which is EXCELLENT.

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Oh, OK I've heard of it. Never played it. Same with Super Metroid. In fact, any Metroid game to be honest.*

*Except for a Metroid pinball game I have for the DS which is EXCELLENT.

Wtf! :eek:

Not sure I can take anymore of these shocking retro revelations! retr0 not having owned a NES all these years, o1s1n never having owned a GC, EnterNow having a stock MD (!), atavan having a giant c0ck (according to Ciderman) and now somebody saying they haven't played Super Metroid. Really am surprised the Internet hasn't exploded. :pac:

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    atavan having a giant c0ck (according to Ciderman)

Where has this (very true) rumour started?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement